The official IPL Thread

Official IPL Poll: Whom Are You Supporting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Re: ::The official IPL Thread::

Amazing match!

Didn't I say Kolkata has the best team around? Even Chennai and Hyderabad have a good team. Can't wait for our 'away' match against Punjab tomorrow. :D

I'm supporting Knight Riders if Super King screws up things. Thorough professional cricketing...

Infact i think that Kolkota doesnt have even 2nd or 3rd best team.. Today things clicked for them so it looked like a cakewalk else none of Sourav, Ponting , Hussey , Hafeez are Big Hitters (Symonds,Dhoni fame)..

Mccullum showed that he can hit everywhere but apart from that i dont see anything special.. They might be missing Akhtar though..

IMO Bombay seems to have the best team..

confused!!

It's true Im not confused

No yaar Mumbai is not the best team IMHO...they dont even have a proper WK batsman and as much i love Sachin..i think he will not be a t20 hit...but in t20 you cannot predict anything ...it all depends on one person clicking

gaurav_indian

CG Artist

Infact i think that Kolkota doesnt have even 2nd or 3rd best team.. Today things clicked for them so it looked like a cakewalk else none of Sourav, Ponting , Hussey , Hafeez are Big Hitters (Symonds,Dhoni fame)..

Mccullum showed that he can hit everywhere but apart from that i dont see anything special.. They might be missing Akhtar though..

IMO Bombay seems to have the best team..

Bombay best team is this a joke? :lol:

abhi.eternal

In search of light...

^^ummm... mera location zaroor b'lore hain... lekin mein yahan se nehi hoon... aami ekjon bangalee aar aami originally shillong theke... bujhte peyecho?...

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl

I am from kolkata, notice that both teams none of the batsmen got run except Mcculam.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...

i'd like to point out one thing here. see KKR lost only 3 wickets. mccullum himself played 73 balls = 12.1 legal overs. it left other batsmen to play 7.5 legal overs = 47 balls. as mccullum himself scored 158 runs, it means that four batsmen plus extras scored 64 runs in 47 legit balls, which is at a rate of 8.17 per over (btw this left six KKR batsmen enjoying the stokes from the dugout). now as the whole BRC was allout in 15.1 legit overs = 91 balls, tell me how can "one" say that BOTH teams batted badly with the exception of mccullum.

prasad_den

Padawan

He hit 13 sixes, not 7. :cool:

Kolkata rocks for the time being, lets see what happens next. ;)
7 sixes at the time he reached his century... ;)

i'd like to point out one thing here. see KKR lost only 3 wickets. mccullum himself played 73 balls = 12.1 legal overs. it left other batsmen to play 7.5 legal overs = 47 balls. as mccullum himself scored 158 runs, it means that four batsmen plus extras scored 64 runs in 47 legit balls, which is at a rate of 8.17 per over (btw this left six KKR batsmen enjoying the stokes from the dugout). now as the whole BRC was allout in 15.1 legit overs = 91 balls, tell me how can "one" say that BOTH teams batted badly with the exception of mccullum.
Come on dude... thats just arithmetic...!! With McCUllum tearing apart the RC bowling attack, it was natural that others followed suit, given that the bowlers' confidence was at the lowest.. Yesterday's win was a one-man show, but still, nothing can be taken away from KKR. Thats the thing about T20 as someone already said.. Just one person clicking is enough... :D

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Yea next day someone else will click and everyone will start whining again..grapes are sour guys..admit it.. :D

go knight riders..and we have one of the best captaincy and fielding units...laxman is by far a defensive captain..dravid showed how captaincy can bring dooms to the prospects of a match..dada showed how u can captain ur way to victory..anyway if mccullum had got out early and the knight riders scored 150 runs..they hwould have won still.. :D

dada tow wickets and 10 runs..captains contribution,taking out cameron white..

karnivore

in your face..

^^ kintu bowling dept. ektu weak lagche. (Our bowling dpt. seems a little weak). Yesterday we had the benefit of that mammoth total. But Hayden, Dhoni, Symonds are quite capable of making mincemeat of our bowling, any time. That bloody Akbtar ruined our bowling dept. Heard that we won't get Gul also. Damn. O btw, Chris Gayle is also out. Apparently he is injured. Damn again.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

^^^aare na na..bowling compared to others besh bhaloi aache..next to next match theke umar gul ke pabo..aar matro to 4te foreigner ke khalano jai..

let me list the full team:

Sourav Ganguly(capt) bat/bowl
Ajit Agarkar bat/bowl
mohammad hafeez bat/bowl
ishant sharma bowl
ricky ponting bat
murali kartik bowl/bat
aakash chopra bat
Chris gayle bat/bowl(out for two weeks due to injury)
salmat butt bat
Tatenda taibu w/k
umar gul bowl
david hussey bat/bowl
ashok dinda bowl
laxmi ratan shukla bat/bowl
saurashish lahiri bowl
debabrata das bat
iqbal abdullah bowl
yashpal singh bat/bowl
chesteshwar pujara bat
siddharth kaul bowl
wridhimman saha w/k
rohan bannerjee bat

i think its a great combo..with batting as it lies..it can floor any team on a given day..and hyderabad..keep in mind have the choice of playing only 4 foreigners.and as far as i kno..their indian recruits are not that good...kolkata has some great indian recruits who can add to the razzmataz when the foreigners fall..umar gul and ishat followed by murali katik(economy of 5.6 in t20) and agarkar can spell dooms day for any team...laxmi shukla and dada are good partimers and mohamad hafeez can spin the ball well too..but we have the firepower..in t20 u never know..cum june 1st and we may see rajasthan royals and bangalore fighting it out in the finals..but we have a great chance...

karnivore

in your face..

^^ ok. tobe boltei hocche DADA ZINDABAD. Ar kalke Dravid abar proman korlo.......dadar captaincyr kache akhono nangto-shishu. Nahole orokom high pressure mache keu fielding nay ??

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

^^^shotti tai..dravid aar jaffer ke open korte dekhe ami pray korchilam jeno ora out na hoy.. :D

out na hole opponentr jetar chance beshi...mccullum to bolte hobe ekebare ekta fatafati recruit..oke w/k kore arekta batsman khelano jete pare...PONTING+DADA+BUCHANAN=lethal trio..
shudhu ja chris gayle thakle bhalo hoto..kintu beta injured..

narangz

Web developer

Oh boy I am loving it. What a spectacular start. Laser show, gymnasts, Shankar/Ehsaan/Loy... What a performance by Brenden! Congrats King Khan & team :)

Sharad Pawar & Ponting were booed :D & I loved it when Ishant was hugged by Poning when he bowled out Dravid. What a delivery it was.

2 mahine pehle gaaliyan nikalte the kal jaffiyan daal rahe the :D

Audio & Video sync issues, Jadeja coming in between. When opening ceremony happens, you don't talk about the pitch. It felt disgusting when Rameez said "what's gonna happen to ground and pitch when these people walk on sticks".

Exactly. SET sucked. We didn't want to see Jadeja & party ruining the wonderful event.

I'm supporting Knight Riders if Super King screws up things. Thorough professional cricketing...

Same here Doc! I am supporting King Khan's team if Kings XI Punjab screws up. But I want to see Sachin in T20 :) Want him to rock it. Also want to see competition between Bhaji & Symmo :D

mrbgupta

Journeyman

Who is Dr. Mallya?
When he earned his Ph.D. degree and on what topic? Liquor?

You never call Big B as Dr. Amitabh Bachchan .Why?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom