The Official GRID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: Anyone play GRID?

man, after disabling hdr & blur, the game looks better:)) (i'm playin on laptop).
gamepad response is lottttt better than before.

i'd suggest the guys who faced similar prblm like mine, try that tool & disable hdr...

ranked at 470th LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

one more thing i observed - when starting race, try to block the other AI's way (quickly), & if you didnt clear a corner well & if AI's are coming to overtake, just block their way:)), they'll slow down & you retain your position.:p
(works in hard mode)

really missing semi-auto :(

===================
anyone for online MP?:))

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz

what sense does it makes to not allow to gear up. The f kin gear just revvs madly when you start, it would help if one can shift UP before "it" reaches the red line.

stupidity. And this makes the game difficult?

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

missing semi-auto, coz when cornering, sometimes to avoid crashing or running wide we've to slow the car. problem starts here, the car just remains in same gear & chugs slowly to good speed & hard to control at higher gear-slow speed:x , if for semi-auto, we just shift down - get back to racing speed in no time.

============
btw, in hard mode, just drive on "racing line", AI wont dare to overtake you:p

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^ya

man, i hate bsnl:x, getting disconnected between each post:x
cant even play online:x:x

btw, i'l be online in grid after 12:D, anyone for MP, notify here

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
How to SWAP CARS

e.g. a Mustang GTR in a touring car race.

Here's how it's done:

1. Go to: C:/Program Files/Codemasters/GRID/cars.

2. Find two cars you want to swap. I'll use the Mustang GTR and the Chevrolet Lacetti as an example.

3. Rename the folder called "gtr" to "lac".

4. Open the "gtr" folder. You'll see lots of files whose names contain the letters "gtr". Change these letters to "lac" in all files - for example, rename the file "gtr_gen_low.pssg" to "lac_gen_low.pssg". Don't forget to rename the texture files (usually in the "livery_xx" folders).

5. Start the game and enjoy driving your GTR in a Touring Car race, pwning all those BMW's with your 600 hp engine! But beware: every Lacetti on the track is now a GTR.

6. The fun isn't over yet! You can rename the Lacetti files so they look like the GTR's, and voila - you can use your Lacetti in Pro Muscle races! Of course, using this car to race Challengers and Camaros = epic fail... but it's worth trying

NOTES:

1. Always make sure to backup the original folder before modding! Of course, you can rename the files back to original if something goes wrong... but putting a backup folder in the right place is easier than renaming tons of files, LOL.

*www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=304502&postcount=24

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lol...i remember doing same in one of the game,dun remember if it was NFS, yeah it was hot pursuit 2. I changed the engines, lolz, it was fun. Edited price too to 0.

PS: I completed the game without any cheats before, and still play it today unmoded/unhacked

Third Eye

gooby pls
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/gridnewmp00011.JPG
Free Image Host

38X combo with toyota corolla (Multiplayer)
:))

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
everybody here is going gaga over the Grid but I wasn't impressed by the game. I played for only 10 mins. and had friggin 15 crashes. I'm using XBOX 360 controller to play it and slight twitch on the analog stick sends the car into the wall. Even while trying to accelerate I end up doing a doughnut. I aced at NFS games and love them, dunno what's up with the GRID? :confused:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ That's because you are addicted to un-natural driving style of NFS, where the physics is unrealistic. It's called arcade recing. GRID is more of a simracing kind of game and you need to work hard earlier on.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
btw, you don't necesarrily need a controller or steering wheel to play Grid...i have almost finished Grid (one race remains), with just a keayboard...its may be a little harder, but its playable...controlling the Formula 3 car with a keyboard is a royal PITA though

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
^^ That's because you are addicted to un-natural driving style of NFS, where the physics is unrealistic. It's called arcade recing. GRID is more of a simracing kind of game and you need to work hard earlier on.
If I mentioned NFS that doesn't means I'm only a Arcade racer lover. I've PS2 and played both Gran Turismo 3 and 4 on it and achieved 100% completion. On PS3 waiting for GT5 so its not that I can't play driving sims, infact I like 'em too, improves upon my real world driving but Grid is totally something different. :confused:

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Hey i have a question .. well it might be stupid but help me out ...
In the graphics settings option which is the key to access the advanced settings. It shows up arrow but if i press up it simply moves to the next option. First of all does the game allow to modify any other graphics settings other than the one displayed.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Hey i have a question .. well it might be stupid but help me out ...
In the graphics settings option which is the key to access the advanced settings. It shows up arrow but if i press up it simply moves to the next option. First of all does the game allow to modify any other graphics settings other than the one displayed.
that arrow key must be "shift" key.

btw try this tool to adjust the gfx. settings

GRID Launcher

Features

Launches GRID [Full version] with the option to choose different resolutions, refresh rates, aspect ratios, gamma levels as well as specifying whether it runs full screen and with VSync turned on.

Graphical profiles can be created to suit varying needs (e.g. For different monitors or projectors which use different resolutions and aspect ratios)

Automatically detects GRID file locations and backs up files before making any modifications

d/l = *gridjoint.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=31&func=fileinfo&id=9

Beta Waves

Journeyman
that arrow key must be "shift" key.

btw try this tool to adjust the gfx. settings

GRID Launcher

Hey thanks yes the key was Shift. And that tool was superb :D

I cranked up all the graphics details to high. The game looks awesome. After playing this i feel NFS series is really dumb. Though this game is not easy as NFS but its really fun.
And the car handling is lot better than Dirt.

I did not even complete Dirt. I will start that again [:)]

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
GRID is doing well coz of no decent NFS titles for two years.

nfs pro street ~ grid

both have same(almost) ...
=>career mode
=>damage (grid is better)
=>team audio (voice) = gay in both:|, so repetitive:x
=> closed circuit racing

i guess the ppl bashing "nfs" all of a sudden are just PLASTIC :|

when it comes to handling, i feel nfs-ps was better:p

i drove a corvette in lemans - spa, that car handled like a drunk elephant:x
whats up with codies, racing in some american street track with a GT1 class car:|

so far i like nismo GTR:)), when coming out of corner, that car allows counter streeing:))=exiting "sideways".

btw, in a two race event, in 2nd race, the car (bmw 3 wtcc) handles like a F3000:? (always)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom