The Official GRID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
That's what I was trying to say earlier. I've played both NFS games and Gran Turismo series and have experience in the both type of handling, Arcade and Sim but the car handling in GRID. its like driving on Ice with Zero tread tires and insanely sensitive power steering. Because of the car handling only, irrespective of the car class I've un- installed and re-installed the game 3 times. If $h1t doesn't works out this time, I'm digging up my copy of Pro Street and Carbon :x

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if the controls are over sensitive, try to get rid of some gfx. oopmh:p

try that tool

for me, the moment i killed hdr effect & blur, the controls became less "over sensitive" & the cars are controlable.

before doing these, you can also try to tincker around the steering deadzone...

=================
whom have you hired as your team mate?

i hired the italian guy.

i hate racing in american tracks wit fast cars:x
all i have to do is cruise to finish line in top 5:)), that guy wins most of the time & my team's at top.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
GRID is gr8 :D

u just three C's to play it (Concentration, Conviction and well Controller:D)

and dont forget heave metal, hard/alternative rock muzic :D8)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
forgot about this thread :oops:

GRiD - Night Racing MOD

So you want to race your favourite track in the middle of the night?
Well now you can.

Download: Nightracing.zip (288KB)
[ *www.mediafire.com/?0akh49gxmyq ]

In the above zip you will find two files from the LeMans track, namely daynight.xml & headlights.pssg.
The headlights file is unmodified & the daynight file has the timepoint clock settings advanced by 12 hours to turn day into night.

Simply place the two files into your desired track folder ie; if you want Jarama at night, place them in the folder named "Jarama", not the sub folders route_0, route_1 etc.
All variants of the track will be at night.

Note that this will not give you a 24 hour race, if you set the number of laps to the maximum & adjusted the timepoint clock just right you may be able to achieve a dawn or dusk transition.

Also note, my framerate dropped from low 40's to low 20's with this mod on Jarama & Donnington, changing resolution to boost it into the 30's gave a similar 20 FPS drop between day & night...allow for this.

This is a "rough n' ready" mod, I've spent no real time on it & have not tested it on all tracks I just wanted to see if it was possible.

I also have no desire to continue with this mod so if anyone wants to pick it up and mod it further PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO.
*community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300963

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I tried the demo of GRID, & frankly it's not for me. I have to be very accurate & I am also using a XBOX 360 controller. Seems like Simulation based car racing games don't entise me that much. I miss breaking things so now going to Flatout Carnage. GRID isn't for me.

Although I just love the visuals, really nice render & game engine

Shloeb

In the zone
^^ Thanks for that. I'll surely try.

By the way GRID is a gr8 game i know its a bit difficult. But its difficult because of the AI they are really skilled. I have to try my best in most of the races and have to use the flashbacks too. :D
I use a keyboard in GRID. I find that easier. I use the GamePad only in case of drifting. I have hired a US Driver "Tom Rockford". He has 65% wins. Most of the times he's just behind me (2nd position). :D

The most annoying part i find is the 24 hrs Le Mans. It give u a lot of cash and rep so i have to race it every time. I have completed it 6 times and won in my class. (M in 7th season) I am getting bored with it. It has become too easy but its too long.
One question: How many of u do this 24 hr LeMans?

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
if the controls are over sensitive, try to get rid of some gfx. oopmh:p

try that tool

for me, the moment i killed hdr effect & blur, the controls became less "over sensitive" & the cars are controlable.

before doing these, you can also try to tincker around the steering deadzone...

=================
whom have you hired as your team mate?

i hired the italian guy.

i hate racing in american tracks wit fast cars:x
all i have to do is cruise to finish line in top 5:)), that guy wins most of the time & my team's at top.

i also hired Gianni Fazio but most of the time he gets totalled by me only :D

Shloeb

In the zone
First time i also hired this guy Fazio but he always came last so fired him and replaced him with Tom Rockford. His every characteristic is really good.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^nope, Fazio is the most balanced guy ..... and i myself has only one skill ... AGRESSIVENESS ..... the ones who hav played with me knw abt it ;)

Shloeb

In the zone
Fazio???? His every trait is down to the bottom except a few things. Just search for 65-70% wins and increase the signing amount and u'll find better ppl. ;) unless u want FREE MAAL like Fazio. :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Fazio alwyz earns $0 frm sponsors :D ..... anywyz i dnt care abt te teammate ..... i alwyz cum first ... and im content :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
lol

coolest GRID pic -

*img291.imageshack.us/img291/5333/grid2008080915405838kv9.jpg

:d:d :d:d :d:d :d:d 8)8)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
that italian guy is strongest in "tuner class".
american muscle racing is a bit easy, but if you finish at top, your teammate will come in top 5:D

tho tat italian guy never wins any money frm sponsors.

i'm pretty strong with european tracks, like nurburgring, spa, le mans...

Shloeb

In the zone
U ppl didn't asnwer my question.
The most annoying part i find is the 24 hrs Le Mans. It give u a lot of cash and rep so i have to race it every time. I have completed it 6 times and won in my class. (M in 7th season) I am getting bored with it. It has become too easy but its too long.
One question: How many of u do this 24 hr LeMans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom