The Official Borderlands Thread

Re: The Offcial Borderlands Thread

@tkin
thanks for the mammoth info
will surely help

but 1 question
i've never seen light orange and dark orange guns around here
and not even pearlescent

those ultra rare stuff mostly/only appear when you play co-op other wise you get them by killing bosses.

Piyush

Lanaya

i dont know about co-op
but there is only 1 type of "orange" in the game ....i think so...

There are many types of rarity(i still remeber few of them thanks to Mr tkin's post long back)
Green
Dark Blue
Orange
Pearscent

Piyush

Lanaya

ya bro that thing i know

it goes like this
white->green->blue->purple->orange

but i was talking about different shades of orange as pointed by Tkin

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Now chasing Sledge in Arid Badlands - he is very well guarded though.

BTW, I'm on level 13 and just found a robot which needs fixing him up - searching for a repair kit for him.

Piyush

Lanaya

i liked the sledge shotgun very most
with 10000% outburst u can throw the Bruiser away with one shot

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

those ultra rare stuff mostly/only appear when you play co-op other wise you get them by killing bosses.
Not necessarily, I played solo only, then how come I ended up with a dozen orange and purple weapons? I have more orange weapons than I can carry, not to mention purple ones, you got to know where to look first.

@tkin
thanks for the mammoth info
will surely help

but 1 question
i've never seen light orange and dark orange guns around here
and not even pearlescent
You probably know that this game generates guns in a procedural manner, so the gun/shield spawns are random, you can get a good quick health regen shield in the first few hours or never get is at all, same with orange rarity weapons, I have a dozen of them in my inventory and another dozen I've put in the bank(mad moxxi) because those are not exactly as useful as the rest.

You need to farm chests to get orange weapons, only red chests generate orange weapons(white chests can generate but I've never seen one in my 100+ hours of gameplay).

Borderlands BEST CHEST FARMING GUIDE:
1.Spawn at "The Underpass" in first travel location.

*img835.imageshack.us/img835/4430/borderlands201009101052.jpg

2.Facing the road ahead turn left and follow the path to the top to a red chest, kill the rakks there, there will always be 5 rakk spawns there.

*img521.imageshack.us/img521/9623/borderlands201009101054.jpg

*img180.imageshack.us/img180/9623/borderlands201009101054.jpg

3.Now get down and get in car, go straight to a bridge and on your left there is a hut, a badass will spawn there, run it over and get the chest.

*img20.imageshack.us/img20/2001/borderlands201009101055.jpg

4.Now go to where patricia tannis stays and loot the two red chests there, there are two rakk spawns and two spiderant spawns, easy to kill.

*img14.imageshack.us/img14/3375/borderlands201009101058.jpg

5.Now get in vehicle, go to this gun station as shown and there are two red chests there, but keep in mind there will be a shitload of spiderant spawns here and many times my vehicle got blown up, best to leave vehicle and fight on foot, also if you're playing co op get one guy to distract the spiderants in car while the other loots the chest.

I'm standing at the entrance of patricia tannis in this screenshot, the chest is at the location pointed by my crosshair, its at the edge of the map.
*img693.imageshack.us/img693/2424/borderlands201009101100.jpg

The chests(another one at your right):
*img638.imageshack.us/img638/2424/borderlands201009101100.jpg

6.Now go to this place as shown in the map, go over the rock and at the end go under the rock ledge and there is a chest there(developer chest, most rare), loot it and exit the game, all your inventory are saved.

*img267.imageshack.us/img267/2424/borderlands201009101100.jpg

*img838.imageshack.us/img838/930/borderlands201009101101.jpg

I explained it as best I could, but you need to explore a little to get all the chests, also using a glitch you can farm 200 chests in knoxx dlc and get rich in no time

i dont know about co-op
but there is only 1 type of "orange" in the game ....i think so...
No, two types, one yellowish orange and one dark orange, I'll post screenshots to prove it.

*img810.imageshack.us/img810/4700/borderlands201009101051.jpg

Look at the rarity table I posted above, dark orange is most rare in main game, pearlescent is only found in knoxx dlc(killing crawmerax).

Make it three, in my screenshot above you can clearly see three tones of orange.

Holy sh*t! That was amazing. Thanks a million for the detailed explanation.

Virtual rep to you Tkin. You certainly know this game inside out. I suggest you start writing a walk-through for the entire game. :)
Thanks, I know this game inside out and inside again :lol:, already 100hrs in solo and another 100 in co op poured in.
Now waiting for f**king rashi to return my friend's gpu so that I can resume co op.

Now chasing Sledge in Arid Badlands - he is very well guarded though.

BTW, I'm on level 13 and just found a robot which needs fixing him up - searching for a repair kit for him.
Sledge is more tougher than the enemies you're clearing out to get to him, better get some health units to be safe, just in case, you know, if he manages to KILL you.

i liked the sledge shotgun very most
with 10000% outburst u can throw the Bruiser away with one shot
Its called knockback, but that shotgun lacks accuracy(0.0) so the only good it does is to push away badmutha(or badass in playthrough 1) psychos, with magazine capacity upgrades it can can fire upto 4 bursts(mine fires 3 shots now)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Finished Sledge - now I'm on Level 15.

DarkDante

Journeyman

holy sh*t man, you start this thread now?! i've bin waitin for this since when!me, am a lvl 47 soldier, DarkWraith, Have finished the zombie island DLC, got tired of the Moxxi's underdome riot DLC and need someone to help me in killing Crawmerax in The secret armory one. Sadly, my HDD got wiped out and i misplaced my DVD, so only my Savegame's left(backed it up). and about that orange and purple coloured weapons one, dont worry, youll get them, even if youre playin in a single player walkthrough. you got a nice collection a weapons, tkin. me i stick to my 4 most loved ones and sell all of the not needed ones. Say, can anyone temme how to play co-op? like i already play CS in Garena, so can anyone tell me the steam method. dont worry, ill get my DVD my own way ;)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

holy sh*t man, you start this thread now?! i've bin waitin for this since when!me, am a lvl 47 soldier, DarkWraith, Have finished the zombie island DLC, got tired of the Moxxi's underdome riot DLC and need someone to help me in killing Crawmerax in The secret armory one. Sadly, my HDD got wiped out and i misplaced my DVD, so only my Savegame's left(backed it up). and about that orange and purple coloured weapons one, dont worry, youll get them, even if youre playin in a single player walkthrough. you got a nice collection a weapons, tkin. me i stick to my 4 most loved ones and sell all of the not needed ones. Say, can anyone temme how to play co-op? like i already play CS in Garena, so can anyone tell me the steam method. dont worry, ill get my DVD my own way ;)
Well, I'm playing solo now, but I played co-op earlier in Hamachi, just fire it up and play in lan game mode(all players must have same game version), worked every time like a charm.

I keep all the legendary weapons in the bank in moxxi underdome, I have plenty of money so I just prefer keeping them, and a few extra, useful for swapping with others.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Got a little confused in here :

There are two missions which fall under Shep Sanders namely :

obtain the mine gate key and take it to the Headstone Mine ( Level 14 ) - in here I've killed a brute like Sledge or he was someone else ??? :confused:

Kill Sledge and Take his Eridian Artifact ( Level 17 ) - In here I've to finish Sledge again - yesterday completed this mission with 17 level skill.

BTW, Now I'm on Level 18.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

Got a little confused in here :

There are two missions which fall under Shep Sanders namely :

obtain the mine gate key and take it to the Headstone Mine ( Level 14 ) - in here I've killed a brute like Sledge or he was someone else ??? :confused:

Kill Sledge and Take his Eridian Artifact ( Level 17 ) - In here I've to finish Sledge again - yesterday completed this mission with 17 level skill.

BTW, Now I'm on Level 18.
No, the first mission takes you to sledge's safehouse where you need to take out a mini boss called roid rage psycho(lobbing grenades) , then take the mine gate key to headstone mine and unlock the entry, then you need to make your way to sledge and take him out and take the eridian artifact. Sledge is actually not in sledge's safehouse(weird) but he is in headstone mine.

BTW: Just reached level 51, now I'm officially at the highest level the vanilla game allowed, found some tough fights(5 badmuthas at once), got hacked to pieces twice by spiderants, the battles are getting tougher, love it, kills some of the dullness of the game.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Thanks for the reply.

BTW, should I keep Sledge's Shotgun - is it any good at all ??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Thanks for the heads up ... :cool:

Piyush

Lanaya

are revolvers good in this game?
my all friends are just mad with revolvers
they prefer revolvers over shotguns

anyways
whats the best way to kill tankenstein?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

^^ 2-3 critical hits with a sniper works for me :D

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

are revolvers good in this game?
my all friends are just mad with revolvers
they prefer revolvers over shotguns

anyways
whats the best way to kill tankenstein?
Depends on level, if he is same or a few level below you, try fire, volcano sniper and hellfire smgs work like a charm, if he is way below you use any weapon with high dam, push him away with sledges shotgun, never let him catch you or corner you, never use shock as it heals him instead.

Don't let the tank he throws hit you as its deadly, blow it in mid air, try to blow the tank in his back as it stuns him.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

So we just completed Zombie Island of Dr.Ned DLC. Although, we still have the "Brains" mission to discover and start with it. That's the only thing remaining in that DLC. As per Tkin's instructions, I think we'll skip Mad Moxxi's DLC and jump straight to Secret Armory of General Knoxx.

Tkin do we really need to complete a 2nd Playthrough of all the DLC's + the main game to reach level 60? We really want to face Crawmerax. PS: None of us has a Siren class.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Now in Dahl Headlands and Level No. 21