The Official Borderlands Thread

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: The Offcial Borderlands Thread

So we just completed Zombie Island of Dr.Ned DLC. Although, we still have the "Brains" mission to discover and start with it. That's the only thing remaining in that DLC. As per Tkin's instructions, I think we'll skip Mad Moxxi's DLC and jump straight to Secret Armory of General Knoxx.

Tkin do we really need to complete a 2nd Playthrough of all the DLC's + the main game to reach level 60? We really want to face Crawmerax. PS: None of us has a Siren class.
Mad moxxi gives no xp and no story, you can just go the place to use the bank and watch a nice cutscene, you'll probably reach level 61 after PT1+Zombie+Knoxx and then completing some of PT2+Zombie PT2 as you are playing co op, I just reached level 53 in PT2 after killing baron flynt, I think I will reach 61 after completing main game and zombie pt2+knoxx halfway, as I have already reached a very high level, killing enemies yields little xp for me, so my only xp gain is from mission rewards and that will take long :-|

To face crawmerax you need a hunter, critical shots(shock x4) at its back is the only way, try to look for a weapon called the liquid orion.

Piyush

Lanaya

can anyone upload save game of their game
preferably soldier class between level 30 and 35

i lost my save game ...thats why...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

can anyone upload save game of their game
preferably soldier class between level 30 and 35

i lost my save game ...thats why...
Vamsi is using Roland in our team. If I recall correctly, he is now at level 43. So you can ask him to get his save & then alter whatever stats you need via the save editor.

ATTENTION

WANTED a level 44 (or above) Siren class. We have requirement for one more player now and the slot is open to anyone who is:

a.) Above level 43
b.) has Siren class (with kick-ass weapons & mods)
c.) Would be willing to journey with us on our second play-through
d.) should have GameRanger, a good quality mic & a skype account

Piyush

Lanaya

so i have started the game with siren (lilith)
but i have few questions..

-->whats the best time to use of phasewalking?
-->whats the best way to use phaseblast?
-->any recommended mods to suggest?

Piyush

Lanaya

reached lvl 24
got eridian smg too early in the game which is of lvl 19 and its fking good
its like u combine combat rifle and a sniper with damage of like a shotgun

@ethan
whats that? another DLC??

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Now on level 28 - got s shotgun which shots rockets instead of bullets .

Viva la Robolution is the 4th DLC for the game - it's also known as Claptrap's New Robot Revolution.

Piyush

Lanaya

^^
holy crap It shoots rockets!!! :razz:
this one???

PS: post #66

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^ yep, it does but the funny thing is it's not very accurate, it's cheap and don't ever shot it from close range - will post the name later.

If you are talking about class mods then it's depends on your gameplay _ I use firely classmod.

I use phase walking when I don't like to battle with those AI all the time - I simply walk away with this and sometime I use it when the health is very low to get to a safe location to regenerate shield and health - I always keep one shield with me which can regenerate health.

Phaseblast occurs after phase walking I guess - very rarely I use it to finish some enemies if their health is very low - for fun and eye candy.

Piyush

Lanaya

^^thanks for the tips and tricks..
i'm using the phasewalk the same way as u are

btw u too are playing with siren or it was sometime ago that u played with her( i mean the character :razz:)

anyways reached lvl 28
on the mission to kill KROM

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm playing with ( actually "as" ) Siren from the beginning and I'm on Level 29 may be - now on Old heaven to to shut down 4 sources of smoke.

Piyush

Lanaya

recently killed bryon
reached lvl 33
going to find out/about tannis

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Guys, have you guys done the Scavenger:Revolver quest in the Dahl Headlands? I have found all the parts except one, which I am unable to find, no matter how hard I look. can you guys help ? My current level is 28 Roland.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

If I remember it that will give you a pearl justice with 148 damage level - the part you are looking for is inside or on the roof of a vehicle nearby - just look for it ( climb/look into on all the nearby wrecked vehicles ) and don't waste your time by the objective indicator.

Piyush

Lanaya

yes..i've done that mission
and the last part is beside the wreckage/wrecked car in front of the vehicle station near u
dont follow the pointer in the ECHO device

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Another mission about a SMG has same kind of complexity - the hard to find part is on the roof/inside of a bus nearby - you just have to climb on the bus.

Piyush

Lanaya

^^exactly
these type of missions are somewhat difficult for me
because 1 out of 4 parts is hard to find
so i just stand on a good height and observe from that point for the missing part

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

as I'm not getting much time I'm not able to play this game for very long time - anyway turned off two smock sources on old heaven - 2 more to go and there I got another mission from a dead bandit.

BTW, on the old heaven there is claptrap stucked on a elevated place - how to free him and if I free him will he give me some mission or give me some backpack SDU upgrade ?

Top Bottom