The Official Borderlands Thread

tkin

Back to school!!
*www.dailyjoystick.com/images/stories/boost/borderlands_box_full.jpg

Hey guys, I'm noticing that some of you are playing Borderlands frequently and liking this game as I am, so I'm opening this thread for all borderlands related queries here, post your Character progress, Builds, Screenshots, Videos and keep all borderlands related discussions in this thread.

*www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID16887/images/504x_borderlands2.jpg

*xbox360media.gamespy.com/xbox360/image/article/992/992348/borderlands-20090608111126378.jpg

*www.totalpcgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/borderlands_new.jpg

Some useful tools:

1. Save editor(Willow tree): WillowTree Tutorials - Borderlands Modding Resource
2. Character Build Creator:
Soldier: Borderlands: Skill Tree
Siren: Borderlands: Skill Tree
Hunter: Borderlands: Skill Tree
Brick: Borderlands: Skill Tree
3. FOV Settings and tweaks: [PC Utility] Borderlands Configuration Tool - Gearbox Software Community

PS: make sure to backup your save files before tampering, saves may get corrupted occasionally.

My Soldier(Roland Build) @ Level 48: Borderlands: Skill Tree

I'll post some screenshots of my prized weapons later.

Guys, post your stats and best weapons.

God damn it, made a typo in the title, call some mods to change the title to official instead of 'offcial', i was really tired when i posted this :tired:

My Stats:

Name: Axon

Level: 47

Skill Points: 48(1 extra skill point in mad moxxi dlc)

Health: 988(741 actual, +25% skill boost)

Primary Shield: Accelerated Panacea(quick health regen, cap: 687, recharge: 168)

Primary Class Mod: Support gunner (+13 team ammo regen, +3 impact, +2 stockpile skill, 36% magazine capacity increase)

Primary Grenade Mod: Transfusion(111 dam)

Primary Skill Artifact (x4 incendiary)

Primary Weapons(damage/accuracy/rof):
1.Combat Rifle= Crimson Cobra(149/95/15)
2.SMG= Maliwan Hellfire(111/87.5/12.5), "We don't need no water," 4x incendiary, the effects stack and does massive damage to enemies over time.
3.Shotgun= Maliwan Vitriolic Crux(78x7/25/1.9) "Bring out your dead," x3 corrosive, does massive splash damage to enemies
4.Sniper= Fearsome Volcano(388/98.6/0.9), "Pele demands a sacrifice," massive incendiary splash damage to enemies.

Some other rare weapons I got:
1. Rocket Launcher: Mongol, "Beware the horde", launches multiple rockets from the main rocket in every direction.
2. Rocket Launcher: Rhino, "The unstoppable force," rockets explode multiple times in mid air before reaching target with x4 corrosive splash.
3. Sniper: Liquid Orion (477/93.6/2.7), "A hunter lives among the stars," bullets break into 3 parts if it does not hit enemy, shock effect(x4) with every shot.
4. Shotgun: Fatal Crux (135x7/83/1.9), "Cross their heart, hope they die," bullets spread out in cross pattern, x4 blast effect in every shot.
5. Revolver: Pestilent Defiler (195/91/1.3), "Give sick," Bullets impact x4 corrosive every shot,can effect nearby enemies with splash.

Money ~8000000$

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Re: The Offcial Borderlands Thread

My stats....

Character Name: Public Limited
Character Class: Solider
Character Level: 33
Weapons Using: RPG11 Recoliless Rocket, TCH30 Combat Rifle, Whitting's Elephant Gun, The Sentinel
Health: 864
Shield: PNG-FRR Quick Charge Unyielding Shield(Capacity: 417, RechargeR :65)
Grenade Mod: Transfusion(58)
Class Mod: Support Gunner (+2 ammo regen, +1 stockpile skill)
Money: 504049

Hey... what is the best weapon for solider? And can he increase his sniping ability?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

My stats....

Character Name: Public Limited
Character Class: Solider
Character Level: 33
Weapons Using: RPG11 Recoliless Rocket, TCH30 Combat Rifle, Whitting's Elephant Gun, The Sentinel
Shield: PNG-FRR Quick Charge Unyielding Shield(Capacity: 417, RechargeR :65)
Grenade Mod: Transfusion(58)
Class Mod: Support Gunner (+2 ammo regen, +1 stockpile skill)
Money: 504049

Hey... what is the best weapon for solider? And can he increase his sniping ability?
Soldiers primary weapons are Combat rifles/machineguns and Shotguns, look in the skilltree and you'll find two skills each for boosting shotgun and rifle skills. Soldier is also good with sniping rifles but not much as mordecai is and it can't be boosted but you can get the skill that boosts overall rate of fire and decreases recoil after each kill to aid in sniping, launchers don't work for me so I stay away from them. Also I use only legendary revolvers.

PS: Open Borderlands: Skill Tree and put your skills there and post the link.
Mine looks like this: Borderlands: Skill Tree

varunb

Working in an IT company

I am on Level 52 -> Soldier class, in Borderlands. I had defeated the main boss, some big monster in the finale few months ago. So, the main objective was completed & only few side missions are left.

Right now, I am looking for a guy who can team up with me to play the DLCs. I have all the 3 DLCs installed & want to start The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned.

If anybody is willing to play coop with me, then msg me. I am using version 1.3.0 right now.

Steam ID: varunb87
Xfire: varunb87
Gamespy ID: varunbali

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya

how will i know that "this" dlc chapter is installed in my game
i think i have only zombie island.....
and how many different DLCs are there ?

varunb

Working in an IT company

You will have to go to the nearby fast travel station & look for the destination corresponding to the dlc installed. For example, if you have Zombie island dlc, then the destination Jacob's Cove will appear in the list of destinations.

There are a total 3 DLCs till now.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

We just completed the main game yesterday. All of us are now on level 36. Will be starting the Zombie Island of Dr.Ned DLC (hopefully) if Vamsi is able to get it.

Tkin, you mentioned that Mad Moxxi's doesn't help you in levelling up. So do you suggest we ignore it completely or try it out? What exactly is it all about? Just wave after wave of enemies? How many rounds must we complete?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

My Stats :-

Siren (Litlith)
lvl 10
Preferred weapon :- Pistols/Sniper Rifles
Building my shields/health in the skill tree

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

We just completed the main game yesterday. All of us are now on level 36. Will be starting the Zombie Island of Dr.Ned DLC (hopefully) if Vamsi is able to get it.

Tkin, you mentioned that Mad Moxxi's doesn't help you in levelling up. So do you suggest we ignore it completely or try it out? What exactly is it all about? Just wave after wave of enemies? How many rounds must we complete?

Hey.. I got the copy this morning. I was waiting for you guys over skype and yahoo. I thought we have had an agreement to meet at around 10Am :p

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

Well here's the deal, in mad moxxi the xp system as well as the proficiency system is disabled, so you neither gain XP nor get weapon proficiency in here, the reason being that here the enemies scale dynamically to your(in case of mp the host's) level, the missions appear as level 15 but all enemies spawn at your level(may be one/two level above for bosses and badasses) , so just playing moxxi you can gain virtually unlimited xp if the xp system was enabled, so its turned off. But you get to complete the achievements though(like shooting 1000000 times etc).

In mad moxxi there are 3 battlegrounds(won't go in the details, ruins the surprise for you), you have to fight 5 round in each of them to finish them, you can't save between rounds, you have to play all 5 rounds i.e one complete one arena at a time.

Each round consist of 5 waves:
1.Starter wave: basic mix of enemies, will always contain skags, the skags will often attack the bandits and vice versa)
2.Gun wave: all enemies carry guns but will NEVER drop any after killed, so you get no weapons either.
3.Horde wave: Large bunch of psychos spawn randomly everywhere, includes badass psychos mostly.
4.Badass wave: Tough enemies will spawn, not just badasses, most of the time includes guardians that will attack the bandits, sometimes the entire wave will consist of crimson lance enemies with powerful weapons.
5.Boss wave: one game boss(main game, not dlc) along with its minions.

If you survive a round, 3 weapons will drop in the center of the arena and will disappear in a few secs unless you get them, but I've found all of them to be ABSOLUTELY useless.

If a player dies he is teleported in a cage in the arena above the ground from where he can snipe the enemies and assist the team, if everyone dies then the team is sent back to the first wave of previous round(if you die at round 3 wave 4, you spawn at round 2 wave 1).

Theres also modifiers that are added, like
1.Enemies have higher health
2.Enemies have recharging health
3.Enemy shield recharges extremely fast
4.Enemies carry much better guns(with elemental effects, from the looks of the weapons I'd say those are all violet rarity weapons, too bad they don't drop it)
5.Gravity is reduced
6.Enemy runs and reloads much faster(imagine a bunch of psychos running at you at very high speed)
7.Players DON'T HAVE ANY SHIELD.
8.Players lose health continuously and regain by killing enemies.
and more .............

After each wave medpacks and ammo crates(collection of different types of ammos) drop from above, they scatter all over and disappear in 3-5secs, so this is damn hard to collect them all in time.

If you beat the three arenas then you can fight a larger battle in the same arenas(advanced) but I skipped it as it was very boring.

PS: Also enemies spawn randomly, imagine a badass psycho spawning within your group. So its damn hard.

Reward is 1 skill point, I believe its not worth it to play, just play general knoxx. its actually the best dlc so far, lots of missions and brand new enemies and weapons to get. After all the reason we play borderlands is for the weapons and xp, moxxi gives none.

My fatal crux in action:
*img833.imageshack.us/img833/3679/borderlandsn.jpg

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

My Stats :-

Siren (Litlith)
lvl 10
Preferred weapon :- Pistols/Sniper Rifles
Building my shields/health in the skill tree

I thought no one liked Siren :p

Btw upgrade your elemental tree as you will be getting some awesome snipers with shock damage.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

PS: Also enemies spawn randomly, imagine a badass psycho spawning within your group. So its damn hard.

Those badass psychos look like hilly billies from wrong turn.

Piyush

Lanaya

Yes, its just about the fights and nothing else.

bah........

anyways what was the third DLC's name apart from zombie...,mad.....

also
ur shotgun has 25 shells?!?!
thats freaky amazing :shock:

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

bah........

anyways what was the third DLC's name apart from zombie...,mad.....

also
ur shotgun has 25 shells?!?!
thats freaky amazing :shock:
The third dlc is named The secret armory of general knoxx.

I think basic was 16 shells(legendary weapon), +overload skill from class mod(36% increase in mag capacity), and roland's mag increase skill ups that, right now I have two points in that skill(24% increase), at 5 points that 60% mag increase, imagine having 30+ ammo in a shotgun mag.

Piyush

Lanaya

^^i liked that class mod which help to regenerate ammos
i'll find one which include both the features:ammo regeneration and increased mag capacity

ajaybc

Youngling

Hi Iam new to Borderlands.Started playing just 2 hours ago.Now in the 9 toes boss fight.
Is it just me being n00bish or is the game really that tough?
Iam getting killed instantly by those stupid skags that 9 toe guy unleashes upon me.
Is the game difficulty just like Fallout 3.I found fallout 3 getting easier as you advance through the game.
Is there any general fighting tips or tricks or strategies you guys can share with me in borderlands.
The only strategy I adopted was to run around shooting like in Quake 3.BTW Iam using that 'terrible scattergun'.

Top Bottom