The LG Optimus One Thread

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
FLYME Battery Stats..!! Not Bad..!! Comes close to Oxygen with 2 Hours of Voice Call and Constant SMS for more than 3 Hours :)

*i.imgur.com/qf1YS.png

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hephappy's CM 9.1.1

You can consider Oxygen 3.0 too but camera and few not so important bugs are there. Check out the issues @ google code project.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
This is LG Optimus One thread. Though both the phones are on same chipset, its always better to confirm at respective XDA Thread

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Woah! This thread got HUGE! :)
Any ICS or JB ROM recommended? (PS: minimal lag and decent battery life)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

For ICS ROM, try popdog123's ROM. Quite good (based on Oxygen). Using it. Has minimal bugs and decent battery life. (Since hephappy stopped development:()

And as far as JB is concerned I think there's just one ROM. Rashed97's CyanogenMod 10.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

after such a long time :razz:
one of the first O1 buyers :)

JB is still not ready. Give CM9.1.1 a try. Battery backup is same as Oxygen and a few new customization have been added. All in all, 9.1 is a big update over CM9.0

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
For ICS ROM, try popdog123's ROM. Quite good (based on Oxygen). Using it. Has minimal bugs and decent battery life. (Since hephappy stopped development:()

And as far as JB is concerned I think there's just one ROM. Rashed97's CyanogenMod 10.

I'd recommend the same as @Sam. Try Hephappy's CM 9.1.1 instead of Oxygen by podog123. As I have used both I can say that there's not much difference in battery life between CM and Oxygen, but CM9.1.1 doesn't have any bug whereas Oxygen have few minimal (no-so-important) bugs.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I'd recommend the same as @Sam. Try Hephappy's CM 9.1.1 instead of Oxygen by podog123. As I have used both I can say that there's not much difference in battery life between CM and Oxygen, but CM9.1.1 doesn't have any bug whereas Oxygen have few minimal (no-so-important) bugs.

Well, I was on hephappy's ROM too.
But I felt the need for "search for all networks" feature to work. And so tried Oxygen's both GB and then ICS ROM. But alas, that feature didn't worked on Oxygen ROMs too.
But then what made me stick to Oxygen ICS is that I didn't feel much difference in battery and the fact that popdog is still in development and is still releasing updates. While hephappy stopped the dev work and probably won't be updating his ROM.

Plus, can you provide a link to hephappy's CM 9.1.1 since this thread seems to close now: closed - xda-developers

Chetan1991

Youngling
Just tried to root my O1, but nothing's working.
Gingerbreak didn't did a thing for 10+ minutes. z4root shuts down at "acquiring root shell" message, and term emu goes blank after that. Phone's running stock V20c Gingerbread. First attempt at tinkering with my droid. Can anybody tell me how to root?

Got a few more queries:
Does phone's baseband gets updated automatically on rom installation or requires manual work? If manual, do I need to update it for telephony to work on new roms?

Ashgun

Dil Td diya :( ):
hello guys ,,,, just a question to O1 owners which mobile can fit into the shoes of O1 from the latest releases ..

From Lg itself we have LG Optimus L3
From Sony we have Sony Xperia Tipo

What is your take on this ...

Or if any other which can fill the O1s Space .....

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Gingerbreak didn't did a thing for 10+ minutes. z4root shuts down at "acquiring root shell" message, and term emu goes blank after that. Phone's running stock V20c Gingerbread. First attempt at tinkering with my droid. Can anybody tell me how to root?

Got a few more queries:
Does phone's baseband gets updated automatically on rom installation or requires manual work? If manual, do I need to update it for telephony to work on new roms?
Rooting won't work if you have updated the phone to latest updates or something. In which case you will have to downgrade it. But first try again, after rebooting the device.
You will have to manually update the baseband. And if a particular ROM doesn't support the baseband which is on your phone then the worse that could happen is the inability to make calls and data.
hello guys ,,,, just a question to O1 owners which mobile can fit into the shoes of O1 from the latest releases ..

From Lg itself we have LG Optimus L3
From Sony we have Sony Xperia Tipo

What is your take on this ...

Or if any other which can fill the O1s Space .....
Is this a joke... No other phone can take O1's space :lol:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, I was on hephappy's ROM too.
But I felt the need for "search for all networks" feature to work. And so tried Oxygen's both GB and then ICS ROM. But alas, that feature didn't worked on Oxygen ROMs too.
But then what made me stick to Oxygen ICS is that I didn't feel much difference in battery and the fact that popdog is still in development and is still releasing updates. While hephappy stopped the dev work and probably won't be updating his ROM.

Plus, can you provide a link to hephappy's CM 9.1.1 since this thread seems to close now: closed - xda-developers

Why you need more development if the ROM is perfectly working?

CM9.1.1 is probably over with this. Almost all the features are working with no bugs.

Well, about manual network search, I can say that some countries have this problem. And no ICS ROM will be able to do that AFAIK. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Got a few more queries:

Try XDA or Sam's Rooting, Flashing Guide. AFAIK v20c can only be rooted by some specific App. No other app can do this as far as I remember.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i absolutely agree with Vyom. O1 is (was the best balanced mobile. Anyone upgrading from O1 should jump to a 18-20k mobile. Xperia Tipo & Explorer only have updated processor, nothing else.
ZTE Blade means no warranty.

@chetan, try unlockroot. or search in XDA as many updated to official 2.3 successfully rooted their mobile. and 2.3 official means updated baseband so just root somehow and you can directly try any new rom.

Top Bottom