The LG Optimus One Thread

Chetan1991

Youngling
Flashed CyanogenMod 9.1.1!
Beautiful UI. Just miss the data toggle button.

Flashing Process:
-Used SuperOneClick to root. Gingerbreak and z4root didn't work.
-Installed ROM manager.
-Downloaded CWM recovery. Had to do it twice, since first time the root granting dialogue box disappeared.
-Backed up current ROM (stock GB)
-Selected CM 9.1.1 ROM for installation (had already downloaded it.)
-Got stuck at booting after installation (bootloop), so booted into recovery (, moved the ROM file to card's root through PC) and reflashed it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Congo Chetan1991! Glad to hear that CWM recovery worked for you. :p

And as described by sam, you can put a lot of toggle buttons on the status bar and can even customize those. Do post some benchmarks! :D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Holy cr@p! So many options. Should be fun to mess around :-D !
Any way to set static ip for wifi?

While entering Password for WiFi, there's a checkbox for Advanced Settings, where you can set Static IP, DNS Servers, Gateway same as like PC :p

Enjoy CM9. Don't forget to thanks Hephappy :D

Finally Oxygen is also Fixed. Version 0.4.0 is up :)

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][ICS][v0.4.0 - 8/09/12] Oxygen ROM 3.0.0 (Android 4.0.4)

So no more bugs on two Major ICS ROM's (CM9 and Oxygen). Choose wisely :p

@Sam Do you think we should update the first post with required information regarding Rooting, Flashing Custom Recovery and the ROM's, Kernels etc.? I mean adding required links of XDA :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Finally Oxygen is also Fixed. Version 0.4.0 is up :)

will download soon :)

@Sam Do you think we should update the first post with required information regarding Rooting, Flashing Custom Recovery and the ROM's, Kernels etc.? I mean adding required links of XDA :)

yes i was thinking the same. rooting and custom recovery are no big deal but link to rom and current status of rom development should be fixed. kernel links too.

first page is updated.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
ZTE Blade means no warranty.

who says... its available as dell xcd35 in india which is rebranded zte blade
im glad that i choose xcd35 over O1

These two pics say it all

*i.imgur.com/L6LNC.png

*i.imgur.com/upTea.png

and thats gingerbread for you.. :p

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@Sam Nice.

@Neo, No need to add GB ROM's, I'll add XDA link for Full List of ROM's. Let the ROM List be updated.

Ok, updated the thread with Must Read, Full List of ROM and Kernels link :)

kaz

right here
just noticed today that now Play Store is not downloading the whole apk file for updates.. I was updating a 10mb game and it downloaded just 450kb :)

did you?

Last edited:

pratik385

In the zone
So proud of my O1 :D
didnt knew that it'd have such an awesome support of custom ROMs...

Will flash hephappy's latest 9.1
Thanks Krishnandu for link :)

currently on IcyOxygen
happy but battery is still not upto mark but overall happy with it

btw: anyone notice that if mob is locked we can drop down notification bar and then bypass security :/

Anyone on JellyBean
Reviews?

PS: Im not in current O1 users :( was among first few of the buyers :D

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
So proud of my O1 :D
didnt knew that it'd have such an awesome support of custom ROMs...

Will flash hephappy's latest 9.1
Thanks Krishnandu for link :)

currently on IcyOxygen
happy but battery is still not upto mark but overall happy with it

btw: anyone notice that if mob is locked we can drop down notification bar and then bypass security :/

Anyone on JellyBean
Reviews?

PS: Im not in current O1 users :( was among first few of the buyers :D

Its an ICS feature... You can use the drop down notification bar even when the screen is locked... can be useful...

If you have a PIN or Pattern lock, then you don't have to worry about it... No one can access your phone when security is enabled...

I have not flashed HepHappy's final CM9.1.1... Don't want to full wipe my phone... too much trouble for minor improvements... Might still do it if I have a lot of free time to kill...

pratik385

In the zone
Its an ICS feature... You can use the drop down notification bar even when the screen is locked... can be useful...

If you have a PIN or Pattern lock, then you don't have to worry about it... No one can access your phone when security is enabled...

I have not flashed HepHappy's final CM9.1.1... Don't want to full wipe my phone... too much trouble for minor improvements... Might still do it if I have a lot of free time to kill...

me too bro :/
also the trouble of redownloading apps again...

Oxygen also have a update, no?

me too :( I bought mine in feb'11

yes me too...
i think

gmg9

in the kaya
i dnt dl frm ph. i jst loggin to my web play a/c. and frm there i push those apps again to install. all my previous installd apps are in "my apps" list in play store.
so that saves a lot time. bt yes, its really no way bwtter than tb restore.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hope you didn't missed the JB Release by Hephappy : xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][4.1.1][CM10][UNOFFICIAL]LG Optimus One Family CM10[Sept. 9, 2012: Build 5]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hope you didn't missed the JB Release by Hephappy : xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][4.1.1][CM10][UNOFFICIAL]LG Optimus One Family CM10[Sept. 9, 2012: Build 5]

How can we? When you are here to remind us! :lol:
But won't be trying JB anytime sooner. :p

Top Bottom