The LG Optimus One Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I dont know what is happening.

I am on hephappy's latest ICS built (CM 9.1.1). I am facing random freeze followed by reboot. Today it happened like 5-6 times. I am worried.
If this is not a known issue, I am worried if my hardware is failing! :?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^No issues till now. I'm on same ROM from 4th September. Running smooth. May be something only with you. Wait for now, but if this continues, try re-flashing the ROM with wiping everything.

Also if you have overclocked, it's time to reduce it down.

gmg9

in the kaya
mine running smooth too. i didn't oc or change da governor. after flashing on first day, i got 2-3 reboots. even till now gt few reboots. bt dats fr some wired reason.
overall everything working ok.
jst rewipe everything including /system n reflash da rom:what::eek:. do factory reset too. use adb or a system wipe script. cause sometimes systm wont get wiped frm recovery.
good luck :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, I never overclocked too.
Well observe today if I again get reboots. After that I might as well try JB before migrating back to ICS.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hephappy and rashed had some really heated discussion. hope nobody missed it: post.

hephappy said:
No response? Really! What? You fixed video??? I can't believe....
Come on Rashed, be honest.

I talked to nobodyatall, we fixed panaroma mode. After you requested source code, I replied publicly:

xda-developers - View Single Post - Building Jellybean / CM10 - Experiments

And adfad pushed it lgics:
*github.com/lgics/cm_device_lge_msm7x27-common/commit/8c5db9dbd5264123ffff8bf6fab653e99db35d4e

All your changes were bad on cm gerrit and was rejected by Ricardo and Steve.
Gerrit Code Review

I fixed your fault:
Gerrit Code Review

Everybody knows who fixed the camera. Lupo fixed the camera preview, i fixed camera recording. Our lgics is an evidence. Now, zte blade, samsung galaxy (mini, ace), xperia x10, all msm7x27 camera sources are based on our camerahal.
*github.com/MiniCM/android_device_semc_msm7x27-common/tree/jellybean/camerahal
*github.com/TheWhisp/android_device_samsung_msm7x27-common/tree/jb-aokp/libcamera
*github.com/ColdFusionX/android_device_zte_msm7x27-common/tree/jellybean/libcamera
*github.com/lgics/cm_device_lge_msm7x27-common/tree/jellybean/libcamera

I don't login to xda everyday. I login weekly, and you sent your 2nd pm yesterday. I have just read. AND SO FAR, I replied only 2 developers. 2 message to nobodyattall, 1 message to arjen. 1 person requested my paypal address. My all messages are on xda forum publicly.

You requested omx source code and tether fix in your pm. Sorry, but you aren't a developer and you can't understand git commits. Here is the your answer:
omx:
*github.com/lgics/cm_vendor_lge/commit/aee4814dd45b68bfa98e378780acd78c7bbf1c30
tether fix:
Gerrit Code Review

First of all, you must learn a programming language like c or c++. Without knowledge a programming language, you can't be a developer.

So far, what bug was fixed by you? You released just roms. That's all.

#HONEST
#RESPECT
#TRUTH

Neo

IMO, hephappy and lupohirp are cool. I wonder how much knowledge does it require to build a complete ROM.

Neo

Using hephappy's cm10 from 2days. Battery backup seems good. Performance is good as well, but not the same as CM9, of course.
What I am thinking is that why Google now is not when it was working in some of the previous builds ??? :|
Overall satisfied :beer:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Anyone tried the latest Oxygen? How is it? Though not much is in changelog, as I changed to CM9 from the previous Oxygen build.

CM9 has tethering bugs. So thinking of shifting to Oxygen again. (Though I don't use Tethering much, but on emergency it's really helpful..!!)

xda-developers - View Single Post - [DICUSSION][UNOFFICIAL][CM9][WEEKLIES]Android ICS 4.0.4

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Anyone tried the latest Oxygen? How is it? Though not much is in changelog, as I changed to CM9 from the previous Oxygen build.

CM9 has tethering bugs. So thinking of shifting to Oxygen again. (Though I don't use Tethering much, but on emergency it's really helpful..!!)

xda-developers - View Single Post - [DICUSSION][UNOFFICIAL][CM9][WEEKLIES]Android ICS 4.0.4

Never mind, everything working fine. May be that time it was not working. :(

Popdog has released a new one. this time AOSP JB. Looks like we'll have Oxygen JB soon.

Yup saw that [ROM][JB][EXPERIMENTAL] AOSP (Android 4.1.1) - xda-developers :)

Thanks for sharing :)

Chetan1991

Youngling
cm9's still got bugs. Tethering and data connection shut down all of sudden and don't work until rebooting. There's no setting for static IP. Apollo crashes on card access. Any ROMs without these problems?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Well I also faced problems on Tethering (see above). it worked fine after reboot.

I love the Android Music app, so Apollo doesn't matters for me.

Static IP on WiFi?? Well it have. Did you checked out throughlly?? Tick Advanced Settings Text Box and then on IP Drop Down Box change it to Static from DHCP. You'll get option to enter Static IP.

Chetan1991

Youngling
I have to reboot too often. Tethering and data connection shut down too often. I live in a place located at interstate border so I badly need manual network selection which doesn't work either. Can't change IP address in Advanced Wifi setting either (stuck at Unavailable.)

Is Oxygen the best competitor or is there any other ROM more stable and full featured than cm9?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Oxygen and CM9 is the most stable ICS. Also there is AOKP which is as stable as both : [ROM|Unofficial] AOKP (4.0.4) Milestone #6 [15/09/2012] (Best Customizable Rom) - xda-developers

Or you may try MIUI if you want variety ;)

Neo

Just in case you guys missed. here's TWRP Touch Recovery [RECOVERY] Unofficial TWRP 2.2.2.1 Full Touch recovery - xda-developers

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Apollo sucks. stock music player works much better and faster. I guess apollo was never designed for the lowend devices as it takes a lot of time to switch track. i use easy tether so no problem for me there.

Top Bottom