The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@vyom, CM9 is a bit too heavy and has nearly turned into a bloatware bomb. i like light rom.

@krishnandu, as you are on O2 as well please check 1 thing: home button works? mine doesn't. Was tinkering with the zip, must have deleted something important :(
Also any way to reduce homescreen to 3 from default 5 and select not to sync picasa images? my gallery got overloaded with picasa albums and i can't delete them.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@krishnandu, as you are on O2 as well please check 1 thing: home button works? mine doesn't. Was tinkering with the zip, must have deleted something important :(

Yup. Works normally. And long press home button shows recently used apps as it should.

Also any way to reduce homescreen to 3 from default 5 and select not to sync picasa images? my gallery got overloaded with picasa albums and i can't delete them.

Can't find the same too.

You can opt out picassa images by Settings > A/c and Sync > Google A/c > Uncheck Sync Google Photos.

I'm still searching for Lock Screen icons. There's no option for that in Settings > Security. I want to add another two options on Lock Screen other than two default ones.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
looks like i'll be reflashing the rom with a few adjustments. thanks for the info.
Icon selection isn't there in Oxygen or its not part of the port yet.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Icon selection?? Sorry I dont know what it is.

BTW...

There are a lot of issues with the telephony implementation in the rom. So next version will be released when airplane mode, network search and mobile data work.
About the battery drain i've run betterbatterystats and noticed that the phone is draining battery because it doesn't know what network technology it's using (so again, telephony issues) and this should also be fixed in the next release.

As i've said before this is an early early release. I just wanted to share it with you because you earned it :)

Thank you all for your feedback! Keep it coming!

Looks like IcyOxygen going to be the best ICS ROM for P500.

BTW how's CM10..?? You tested it..??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i mean lock screen icon :p

No. Tested enough roms. Now will stick to most stable one. Flashing then installing all the apps, its PITA.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^I know. That's why I left testing after hephappy's ICS, simply flashed back Oxygen GB.

Now upgraded to Oxygen, guess will be staying with it if battery permits :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
downloading. can't update through OTA as i kicked out the ota app and anyway i'll do a bit of ripping before testing it.
hope battery drain is fixed.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Nope. It isn't.

Issue 85 - oxygen-for-p500 - Faster battery drain - Port of Oxygen ROM for LGE Optimus One - Google Project Hosting

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][ICS][v0.2.0 - 17/08/12] Oxygen ROM 3.0.0 (Android 4.0.4)

Will be fixed on next release may be.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
cancelled download. i want better battery life. rest everything is working better than it worked in GB. BTW when you do OTA update, the whole rom is downloaded again?

kaz

right here
I guess yes it will download the whole rom. As in case of updating via LG tool.
May be 4.1 will offer only the portion of update to be downloaded as their apps do :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Yes, it's same as downloading manually and reflashing the ROM again. Here OTA Updater does that instead.

Battery thing will be fixed in next release as per popdog's comments under issues list. Even I had reported and provided logcat for many issues.

The battery drain has been identified, it's because of Wakelock and Network thing. Provided him the screenshot.

kaz

right here
I also havn't downloaded ICY-OXY will wait for few more releases..
gotta flash this now [ROM][PORT] MIUI GB for P500 - xda-developers

one thing !!! there is no battery graph in MIUI roms any other way i can get those? any apps for that?

The battery drain has been identified, it's because of Wakelock and Network thing. Provided him the screenshot.

cool !!!!!!!!!!! but where I wish to see that too

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
May be 4.1 will offer only the portion of update to be downloaded as their apps do :)

not easy. you have to compile whole rom from sources but once compiled it can be done but then again one will have to clear cache to make the rom recognize the newly added files which many nerds don't get and either keep shouting or asking same thing over and over again.

one thing !!! there is no battery graph in MIUI roms any other way i can get those? any apps for that?

try better battery stats. it won't give any graph but detailed battery info.

kaz

right here
You mean the screenshots??

Check the issue here : Issue 85 - oxygen-for-p500 - Fast battery drain - Port of Oxygen ROM for LGE Optimus One - Google Project Hosting

ok :)

not easy. you have to compile whole rom from sources but once compiled it can be done but then again one will have to clear cache to make the rom recognize the newly added files which many nerds don't get and either keep shouting or asking same thing over and over again.

try better battery stats. it won't give any graph but detailed battery info.

thanks..now on kaio ken x3(icy) and it has the cm battery stats but as krishnandu told battery drain is very fast :(

vl flash miuiGB now...hope its better...last option picollo :p

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Well here it's working too, I mean just don't clean the /data and you'll be fine.

OTA Updater asks for /data and /cache, I choose only /cache and all my apps were intact as it is :)

BTW looks like the battery issue is taken care of..!! :p

For more update keep eyes on : *twitter.com/mcostea

Top Bottom