The LG Optimus One Thread

red dragon

Master troll
Ok I downgraded my phone from 2.3.3 to 2.2.2 and rooted my phone with gingerbreak.
Now what do I do to put custom rom/kernal on it?
can I install only the custom kernal?

DO NOT EVER use GB kernel with Froyo ROM,almost guaranteed suicide(one of the few causes of real hard brick)
Over a year or so I have unbricked at least 10 Android phones(only htc and Samsung though)of friends and their friends and ...,2 particular phones(Sammy Fascinste)could not be recovered,one had a bad kernel flash another was a stupid pit flash.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

red dragon

Master troll
i heard it before too, many times but why? i mean some kernel work with 2.2 & 2.3 but some work only with 2.3.

Blame the manufacturers,specially Samsung.
In most cases their kernel sources for GB and Froyo was entirely different and devs usually start with them as the base(because the drivers are available)
htc is better in this aspect,desire hd runs perfectly on froyo kernel and GB rom.
No idea about Motorola or LG.

AOSP devs do use cross platform kernel (as they do not have access to official drivers in either)

Sent from Galaxy S2

Gollum

Collector
which custom recovery and which rom should i use? names n links etc
idont know anything about these things.
also iwant to use collins dictionary with gb.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Blame the manufacturers,specially Samsung.
In most cases their kernel sources for GB and Froyo was entirely different and devs usually start with them as the base(because the drivers are available)
htc is better in this aspect,desire hd runs perfectly on froyo kernel and GB rom.
No idea about Motorola or LG.

AOSP devs do use cross platform kernel (as they do not have access to official drivers in either)

Sent from Galaxy S2

using froyo kernel on GB (tweaked to work on GB by DEVs). AFAIK, LG didn't release kernel source for gingerbread.

which custom recovery and which rom should i use? names n links etc
idont know anything about these things.
also iwant to use collins dictionary with gb.

you can flash clockworkmod recovery using rom manager. download rom manager from market. about rom, as you are on old baseband now, try CM7.2 RC0 or ICSLunar Pro.

funzuloo

Broken In
Which is currently the best and most stable rom for new baseband. Links has been removed for N2... does anyone have live links of N2?

Neo

Now Im on new baseband V20G. I know that only way to root 2.3.3 is SuperOneClick 1.9.5 but that works from desktop. Just wanted to make sure if thats correct?
Also please tell me the complete procedure to root 2.3.3 v20g.

Now Im on new baseband V20G. I know that only way to root 2.3.3 is SuperOneClick 1.9.5 but that works from desktop. Just wanted to make sure if thats correct?
Also please tell me the complete procedure to root 2.3.3 v20g.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Why don't you check out the awesome sticky by SAM??

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/151345-faq-rooting-custom-recovery-custom-rom.html

And for your query, that's right..!! Go on..!!

Read this : *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682 if you still have confusions.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Ok.. the phone just booted into factory state.. I did something wrong.. can't figure out what.. followed this guide.. Guide to Install Cyanogenmod 7 (Gingerbread) on the LG Optimus One - Mobile Geeky

Please check what I'm missing or suggest a better guide

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
WOW. i never know install a custom rom can be made so complicated. what you did most likely is go to custom recovery after installing it. but "maybe" custom recovery was not installed (can be caused by wrong recovery) hence factory reset got toggled.

1. download rom manager from market
2. flash clockworkmod recovery
3. now check what baseband you have in settings>about phone. if 2009, its new baseband will need different rom.
4. now download rom according to baseband & place it in sdcard.
5. press turn mobile off.
5. Press HOME + Volume Down + power & mobile will reboot into clockworkmod recovery.
6. wipe everything from wipe menu or do a complete wipe (recommended)
7. flash rom by selecting the rom using volume keys.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
The thing is that I removed the default LG home from the phone with Titanium Backup & replaced it with Go Launcher.. Now, I can't open the menus although the phone is work.. I mean I can't do anything.. I have the original KDZ file with me but the KDZ_Updater says that phone not found everytime I try to flash it to original firmware.. :(

Update :- Restored the phone to the factory state. Now I'll try with your given method.. Thanks..

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
damn it. i flashed new baseband without disabling LGE Virtual modem & received error when restoring NV. restored backup & installed ICS. IMEI & Baseband are ok but no signal. now will need to do a lot of trial & error and a hell lot of searching in XDA how to fix this s**t.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
damn it. i flashed new baseband without disabling LGE Virtual modem & received error when restoring NV. restored backup & installed ICS. IMEI & Baseband are ok but no signal. now will need to do a lot of trial & error and a hell lot of searching in XDA how to fix this s**t.

Damn...! Would it be possible to reflash the new baseband? This is dangerous stuff...!

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
The thing is working like a charm.. It even has an option in the ROM Manager to install ROM from SD card.. I clicked that & it is working.. will notify you if something goes wrong..

Damn thing is so, so sexy.. The first thing that i'm gonna do after getting a credit card is donate to the devs.. thanks everyone..

Top Bottom