The LG Optimus One Thread

red dragon

Master troll
I don't know how I invite so many weird problems! The latest one is related to Launcher Pro.

I installed the app. I was aware that when we press Menu button, it would ask for confirmation about which launcher to use, LG one or Launcher Pro. I didn't set default to any of them, since I first wanted to just try Launcher Pro. Then, since the prompt was frequent I set LG one as default. (thanks to my habit of procrastination.)

Now, I don't seem to set Launcher Pro as default, since their is no such option. I tried reinstalling Launcher Pro, still the prompt after pressing the Menu doesn't come! :(
Any suggestions as to how to set it as default?
You can use an app called home switcher to switch launcher seamlessly.
@androidfan,I think I know what exactly happened...the ics dialer was just a themed apk and it shares the lib file with the default dialer.
Titanium removed the default dialer apk along with the lib file rendering the themed apk useless.

Possible workaround(as I am not sure about your phone model)
Find that particular lib/ file from the original ROM and push it in the respective folder(I prefer ADB push over the messy RE)

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
I don't know whether A8 is deoxidised or not...

Thanks anyways...

It is odexed and deodexed.
Not deoxidised.
Deodexed means you can edit the service jar. files.
Odexed means each .apk/system has a corresponding .odex.
This system atleast on theory boots faster.
You can not edit service jar.files here.
Main disadvantage of Deodexed system is when the Dalvik cache is broken/formatted it takes a long time to build up again.

This is why the first boot of most custom ROM takes a long time.

DO NOT play with Titanium,it can be dangerous specially when you do not know the workarounds.

Root Explorer contrary to the popular belief is a much safer tool in inexperienced hands.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
It is odexed and deodexed.
Not deoxidised.

:oops: should have checked what i was typing. thanks for pointing.

I don't know whether A8 is deoxidised or not...

Thanks anyways...

contacts. extracted from themed rom. push it using adb or try replacing using root explorer.

i'll suggest using multirom. 1 rom in memory card & you can safely test new things without affecting your primary one.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ Using Root Explorer... in /system/app folder, I see Contacts.apk and Contacts.odex

So, that means A8 is no deodexed.

But I am still going to try to push the file via ADB and see what happens. Will take a backup of the original file just in case...
-------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

Didn't work... Pushed the file and replaced the original... But nothing happened...

*i.imgur.com/bZHLx.jpg

So, maybe /system/app is not the location I should be looking at... is it some other folder?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
deodexed apps should work in an odexed rom. take nandroid backup & try deleting the contacts.odex file. check what happens.

maybe cause the .odex file existed, dalvik was calling the odex file instead of the integrated .dex file (now part of .apk as a result of deodexed). so once the odex is gone, contacts should show up as as a themed one.

red dragon

Master troll
^^ Using Root Explorer... in /system/app folder, I see Contacts.apk and Contacts.odex

So, that means A8 is no deodexed.

But I am still going to try to push the file via ADB and see what happens. Will take a backup of the original file just in case...
-------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

Didn't work... Pushed the file and replaced the original... But nothing happened...

*i.imgur.com/bZHLx.jpg

So, maybe /system/app is not the location I should be looking at... is it some other folder?

You got it wrong completely!!
You had messed up the dialer's lib.
What are you trying to push?

Sent from Galaxy S2

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
But I read something like this, "To make a partition in card, which would be like extended internal memory for the phone"! Can it be?

red dragon

Master troll

Not possible for all apps.
1. Some dev does not allow it.
2. Some app with widgets behave strangely if moved.
3. Some system app like Gmail does not like it in ext SD, with CM7 it can be moved to SD.
4. There is a special breed of apps which can only moved by Dev Bridge(ADB).

Moving an app to external sd does not always remove it completely.
Some apps may even occupy more than half the space they had, even when moved to sd.
Blame the file structure for that.
Symbian is still the king in this aspect.
We may hate it,but Symbian does know how to handle external storage better than Android.

X-jo

Broken In
Going to try it asap and post the results. It's gotten good reviews. :)

read the partition part before trying :D and backup your SD card just incase

btw on A8, over the weekend with fair amt of messaging n 10-20 min of call per day, my battery was 16% after 2 days and 4 hrs... IMPRESSIVE !!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ever since I bought this phone and activated GPRS plan, one thing is constantly bugging me.
This:
*i.imgur.com/auRdM.png

I get a notification from my service provider (Airtel, in this case) about the amount of KB's that I have used since last few minutes. And this f**cking thing keeps up popping at the most undesired places, like when I am playing a game. And until I press OK, it doesn't vanish.
Also, if I leave my phone for a few hours, like at night, then in the morning I am greeted with several instances of this pop up dialog box, and I have to click OK, in each of them.

Is someone else also facing the same issue. Is there ANYWAY, this can be disabled. :(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Same thing happens with a friend who is using idea. But the frequency is even greater than mine. There should be an option to disable it. But I am unable to find it. :(

X-jo

Broken In
luckily docomo doesnt do that :cool:
also those are Telephone provider notifications na, not sure if it can be disabled

Gollum

Collector
Ok I downgraded my phone from 2.3.3 to 2.2.2 and rooted my phone with gingerbreak.
Now what do I do to put custom rom/kernal on it?
can I install only the custom kernal?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
install custom recovery. then install custom rom. i am not sure if custom kernel will work on stock 2.2 but .35 tree kernel can be installed on Android 2.3.

BTW, enough waiting. downloading Android 4.0.3 Beta1 by luporhip.

Top Bottom