Broken In
My phone runs on stock 2.2, is it possible to
check auto updation of market.
Activate predictive text input
Is app2sd works on stock phone.

Thanks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you can install android market update by installing it rather than waiting for google to push the update. predictive text, no idea but app2sd is possible through app only.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My phone runs on stock 2.2, is it possible to
check auto updation of market.
Activate predictive text input
Is app2sd works on stock phone.

Thanks.

Mine too runs on stock 2.2. Don't know about you, but mine automatically shows if any updates are found on the status bar.
The only problem is that due to space constrainst, I never allow to update.

I am not able to find the auto update setting, but it DOES do that.

Tanveerpa

Broken In
Hi,
I am currently using stock gb 2.3.3 (Indian) on my O1. I want to test cm7 on my device. In XDA forums it is given that we cannot install cm7 if you have newer baseband. So first downgrade to old baseband and then try cm7. Is it possible to install cm7 without downgrading to old baseband? Coz I tried to download the older V10C ROM from the same forum. But unable to do so. How about Oxgen ROM? Read that this is also a good ROM for O1. If it is a good ROM then I will give a try. How to get it so? Please help me to root my O1 and install custom recovery (How about TWRP 1.1.1.1 ?) also. I have already googled and confused coz there are many. So I am requesting you.

Thank you in advance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you need to downgrade to old baseband else network won't be there. oxygen is a nice rom. smooth & light on battery. i am using it.

you can try downloading some other rom like V10A or V10B. for root, search in XDA. gingerbread most likely won't be able to root official GB. theres a new 1clickroot that may work. then download rom manager from market & flash recovery using it (all necessary settings built into it). then you can either keep it or flash TWRP using clockworkmod recovery as TWRP is safer (else try amonra or multirom).

but before doing this, downgrade to official V10*. either through lg flashing tool or restore someone else nandroid backup of LG froyo rom. but the latter mayn't work.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
but before doing this, downgrade to official V10*. either through lg flashing tool or restore someone else nandroid backup of LG froyo rom. but the latter mayn't work.

I had a link for Nandroid backup of a clean stock V10B. I will share it if anyone wants...

But can official LG Gingerbread be rooted so that custom recovery is flashed?

Also, if the Nandroid backup was taken using AmonRA recovery, then can that backup file be used to restore the phone using Clockworkmod recovery?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My Android market update automatically how to stop it.it shares 7mb of memory. I have to uninstall its update file manually?

don't. you can't stop the update. another thing you can do is manually install Market 3.4.4 so that it no longer tries to update & 3.4.4 is faster a bit but you have to live with it.

But can official LG Gingerbread be rooted so that custom recovery is flashed?

Also, if the Nandroid backup was taken using AmonRA recovery, then can that backup file be used to restore the phone using Clockworkmod recovery?

lg optimus one section at xda got a thread for all tweaks & it says 2.3.3 can be rooted using SuperOneClick. now i am not sure which gingerbread it is but most likely its official GB.

well the latter part i don't know. never heard anyone trying to restore NANDROID backup using different recoveries but it should be possible. as all it needs is extract the files & place it in the phone NAND memory.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
install fast reboot & check how much ram it frees up. but don't run the app continuously. usually 250Mb should be free in stock rom or you mistaken the used ram for free.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what shows under application>running services? 125Mb is way too less.

fast reboot closes all applications & services. necessary one starts automatically freeing up ram. it won't restart mobile nor stop music play.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@vickeyrealcool: Do one thing. Install Android Assistant app. It will tell you memory and CPU being used in a nice dynamic pie chart.

Anyway, @sam: I have used fast reboot. That app clears up the memory way too fast. Literally in an instant. Its too fast, to believe that does ANY good. :/

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
Ram problem solved after using fast reboot. Now 200 mb free ram.another question,is it ok to use auto kill feaure of advanced task killer.
Phone memory (not ram) has only 115 mb free after using app2sd,mobo,power amp,fast reboot,mini info,go weather and nfs shift. Is it ok?????

Ram problem solved after using fast reboot. Now 200 mb free ram.another question,is it ok to use auto kill feaure of advanced task killer.
Phone memory (not ram) has only 115 mb free after using app2sd,mobo,power amp,fast reboot,mini info,go weather and nfs shift. Is it ok?????

Top Bottom