The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ use auto kill only for apps that have partial wakelocks. like google maps, facebook, twitter but it too may impact on battery life.

@sam: I have used fast reboot. That app clears up the memory way too fast. Literally in an instant. Its too fast, to believe that does ANY good. :/

:lol: you hate fast app? ;-) it clears ram i.e. kills all apps.

PS: you didn't accepted my friend request in facebook.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ram problem solved after using fast reboot. Now 200 mb free ram.another question,is it ok to use auto kill feaure of advanced task killer.
Phone memory (not ram) has only 115 mb free after using app2sd,mobo,power amp,fast reboot,mini info,go weather and nfs shift. Is it ok?????

Never EVER use Task Killer. You can use Google for to know why. But the gist is Android is never meant to close any application. It will automatically optimize running programs. Killing tasks only makes matter worse in Android. BUT you can kill an app, if you thing, is an exception, and which you think, should be killed. Discretion is advised!

ALso, 115 MB as phone memory is More than enough. I am using my phone in less than 30 MB phone memory free. Problem only occurs, if you ran out phone memory with just 20 MB or less to go.

:lol: you hate fast app? ;-) it clears ram i.e. kills all apps.
PS: you didn't accepted my friend request in facebook.

No, I don't hate it. Use it occasionally, when app stops behaving! :lol:
Was just saying, that its too good to be true. And it don't let me see what app has it stopped. Message just flashes for a second.

Also, sorry about not accepting your friend request. I am not too liberal when it comes to adding people on FB :p
But, you should have sent me a message on FB. Do that now! (so that I know, who is you. I have a plethora of pending frnd requests.)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Need some information please...

Is Oxygen ROM 2.3.2 better than Mik's 6.5.8 CyanogenMod 7? Is it really pure AOSP? Will I miss CyanogenMod if I switch?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1.1 is better. 2.3.2 should be same but is based on .35 kernel tree. means it'll inherit all the problems cyanogenmod 6.6.1 suffers from. also extremely limited number of tweaks but if you want smoothness, Oxygen is the way to go. yes you'll miss but you can't go back to CM. Oxygen is smooth & extremely light on battery. read the first 2 pages then decide. well, 1.1 link is most likely removed i guess.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yup. our mobile got a weak chip (same for 99% budget Androids). i doubt overclocking to 800Mhz will make any HD game playable. keep within limits. usually 800Mhz is stable if one is lucky to get a processor that can bear such high clock.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Now that almost all the bugs have been fixed and popdog123 found a way out to avoid Blackscreen bug, updating to O2 v2.1.

Will post review within a day or two after testing all the features. :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@chandrudme I was also facing the same problem on O2 1.1 + Goldenleaf. Couldn't connect the phone as USB Mass Storage device.

Ok, as for 2.2 everything is working fine till now.

And as said by popdog123, blackscreen bug can be fixed by using Live Wallpaper.

Regarding data, there's a bug. This problem is new to v2.1, when someone calls / I call someone with data on, the data gets turned off and upon ending the call it gets turned on but internet doesn't works. I need to turn off and turn it on again to get the internet connection successfully.

Upon looking at XDA, it seems that many peoples facing the same problem, and for some people, just turning off and turning on the data doesn't works. They need to go to Flight mode and switch back.

Anyway, except this bug, all the features, camera, video recording, FM, Bluetooth, Tethering etc. everything is working fine.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
"Free 50 GB Cloud Storage"
I thnik that's a typo on the first page, isn't it. The app page on Android market says, 5 GB.

And what's the advantage of BOX anyway, compared to DropBox, if we have to upgrade to paid version, to sync files from PC?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Get 50Gigs cloud storage for our device :) - XDA read this. i haven't tested the app (yet) so can't comment anything. but members there report that they have received 50Gb storage. dropbox allows only a few Gb.

LG Android phones get 50GB of free Box cloud storage, Sony Ericsson next - AndroidOS :smile: please test & let me know if it works.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yups. It's 50 GB. But Houston, there's a problem!

BOX needs "Box sync for Windows" to sync with windows machines. Which we can't use if we don't "Upgrade".
As a result can't sync files right from desktop, as easily as DropBox. Which is a big drawback. And by big I mean, REALLY BIG drawback. :(

So, drop box for me.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Yups. It's 50 GB. But Houston, there's a problem!

BOX needs "Box sync for Windows" to sync with windows machines. Which we can't use if we don't "Upgrade".
As a result can't sync files right from desktop, as easily as DropBox. Which is a big drawback. And by big I mean, REALLY BIG drawback. :(

So, drop box for me.

hmmm, then i2 will stick to dropbox.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
DosBox? :/
:lol:

i used to play with dosbox a lot. running C++, some games & even windows in a linux for mobile. will tell you more in FB :p

@krishnandu, its been long since i enjoyed that sort of backup in my mobile. i use so heavily, battery never last more than 12hrs. thanks for the graphs.

Top Bottom