The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't. those are system apps like calculator, browser, etc. you may try removing the crapwares but don't know what will happen.

josgeo

Right off the assembly line
hello sam,

am running on lg stock gb 2.3.3. so i am on the new baseband. i wanna move into some stable custom rom based on the new baseband. are there any available for this. If there are please let me know which rom and a kernel suited for that. '

joe

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
don't. those are system apps like calculator, browser, etc. you may try removing the crapwares but don't know what will happen.

No! Let me explain again. If .apk are just the installers in Android, like .exe's are to Windows, then can I remove Every .apk files from the System/app folder of the memory? Since if those apps are already installed through .apk, then it serves no purpose now, isn't it?
That is my question!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hello sam,

am running on lg stock gb 2.3.3. so i am on the new baseband. i wanna move into some stable custom rom based on the new baseband. are there any available for this. If there are please let me know which rom and a kernel suited for that. '

joe

there are a few but all are based on official gingerbread ROM (added script, tweaks, etc). you can try Blackbird ROM.

No! Let me explain again. If .apk are just the installers in Android, like .exe's are to Windows, then can I remove Every .apk files from the System/app folder of the memory? Since if those apps are already installed through .apk, then it serves no purpose now, isn't it?
That is my question!

can you delete explorer.exe from windows? :) .apk is the launch or executable file for android. extra files are there like .lib, .db, etc .apk is needed to launch an app.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
can you delete explorer.exe from windows? :) .apk is the launch or executable file for android. extra files are there like .lib, .db, etc .apk is needed to launch an app.

Well, then it seems I will have to wait till I root. Thanks buddy, for clearning that doubt.
There's much to be written about this phone. But due to exams, I am unable to do so. Will share my experiences after few weeks. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
same here. busy with exams. so stuck with an old rom (Oxygen) & unable to update. also need to modify the first page of this thread.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am still on CM7 6.5.8 with Fserve Franco 19.4 BFS kernel patch. I will change only after Andy's ICS is ready.

Was facing a few problems of kernel panic, but everything has been smooth since I downclocked to 691 MHz @smartass governor...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
The latest FServe GBS 20a kernel is awesome... Highly recommended you apply that new patch.

I am using GBS 20a BFS Gamer patch. Phone is smooth, battery life has improved tremendously. -- [KERNEL][06 DEC] Goldenleaf .v111206 / franco.Kernel-gbs.v20a - xda-developers

blackpearl

The Devil
I rooted my phone and removed a handful of crapware like bollywoodji, indian railway status, vaccine tracker etc and recovered a staggering.... 10MB. duh!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Among the said, crapwares, the most irritating is Bollywoodji. It puts random stupid bollywood gossip news in the status bar! So, annoying.

I wish I too root it soon.

Btw, if by Indian railway status you mean, PNR status, then that app is Awesome! So useful for me these days!

RizEon

Broken In
Damn pissed with the cm7 cam app.cant take it anymore....tried camera360 as an alternative but duznt bring back the old 2.2 quality...fxcamera neither..any permanent solution?? Im using 6.5.8.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Damn pissed with the cm7 cam app.cant take it anymore....tried camera360 as an alternative but duznt bring back the old 2.2 quality...fxcamera neither..any permanent solution?? Im using 6.5.8.

I had found that MIUI camera app works slightly better for videos. Flash Fserve' GBS or Goldenleaf kernel patch, and then try MIUI. You might get slightly better CAM quality...

Neo

the USB storage is not working. I have to take out the memory card everytime if I need to transfer anything. irritating. I'm on cm7 6.6.1 , the phone shows the USB storage is on but the computer doesn't shows it. what do I do? should I take it to LG service, but then again I'm afraid of KDZ. please help.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just tried Dolphin browser HD on my O1. Its great with its Chrome like interface, gestures and all.. but lacks in some important areas like speed and text reflow of Opera.
Opera is by far the best in this handset, as long as I have experienced, till now.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the USB storage is not working. I have to take out the memory card everytime if I need to transfer anything. irritating. I'm on cm7 6.6.1 , the phone shows the USB storage is on but the computer doesn't shows it. what do I do? should I take it to LG service, but then again I'm afraid of KDZ. please help.

as you are using .35 kernel based rom, try the Oxygen beta. check if USB works. i am using oxygen 2.3.1 & during transfer, simply go to recovery.

Top Bottom