The LG Optimus One Thread

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
When I run "Update Notification" App, it shows that The device cannot be Identified and device info is not in server :shock:. Is that some kind of error or fault?? :???:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
When I run "Update Notification" App, it shows that The device cannot be Identified and device info is not in server :shock:. Is that some kind of error or fault?? :???:

no new update. maybe thats why such an error.

anyway it doesn't matter. GB update by LG will have more bugs than Froyo for sure. instead go for custom GB.

gmg9

in the kaya
dnt go for this update. lg is still fighting with the bugs n all.. i dnt think we will ever get a proper stable bugfree GB upgrade from lg. better stay with ur custom rom.. and help the devs to test those roms n report bck to make those more stable n bug free...

Gollum

Collector
*csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/AINDBK/V20b_00/V20B_00.kdz
link to kdz update file. download and use my tutorial to update.
link in my signature.

Last edited:

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
installed GB yesterday. working fine for me. its lot smooter than froyo. :grin:

but its missing task killer and IO file manager :-(

i installed CM7 few days ago, but android market and task killer app was not there. how to get android market in CM7 ?

i used titanium backup to backup my apps, i have tried restoring them on cm7 but its not working. it keeps showing restoring with progress bar

Gollum

Collector
ok the link is down, says your client is not allowed to access this page. if someone has the kdz file then please upload it to megaupload or mediafire

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
installed GB yesterday. working fine for me. its lot smooter than froyo. :grin:

but its missing task killer and IO file manager :-(

and what about the apps that nobody uses? those still there?

i installed CM7 few days ago, but android market and task killer app was not there. how to get android market in CM7 ?

log in using your google account & then flash the gaaps package. BTW you still using task killer?

i used titanium backup to backup my apps, i have tried restoring them on cm7 but its not working. it keeps showing restoring with progress bar

maybe cause of difference in branching of kernel.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
News for LG Optimus owners:
LG Optimus 3D launched in India, hits shelves in September for Rs. 37,000
LG Optimus 3D launched in India hits - Latest Mobile Phone & Mobiles Reviews | Features in India

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ won't sell out even 25k for that. 3D camera & screen (currently) is as useless as the layer browser. fun starts at shop, ends by the time you reach home.

Official 2.3.3 Gingerbread released (India)

anyone?

posting a quote from XDA about the performance of V20B

*I didnt observe any bugs..
*the icon alignment issue seems to be there...on close observation...the last icon seems a little misalligned
*also i didnt notice the infamous touch screen lag
*quadrant is at 800 for me ...earlier it was around 400 on stock..so double the performance :D
*neocore stands at 35.1..earlier it was around 29
*The transition animations are smooth..sometimes a little bit choppy though
*Battery backup I didnt see yet..I will post about it tomorrow after checking

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ won't sell out even 25k for that. 3D camera & screen (currently) is as useless as the layer browser. fun starts at shop, ends by the time you reach home.

Official 2.3.3 Gingerbread released (India)

anyone?

posting a quote from XDA about the performance of V20B

*I didnt observe any bugs..
*the icon alignment issue seems to be there...on close observation...the last icon seems a little misalligned
*also i didnt notice the infamous touch screen lag
*quadrant is at 800 for me ...earlier it was around 400 on stock..so double the performance
*neocore stands at 35.1..earlier it was around 29
*The transition animations are smooth..sometimes a little bit choppy though
*Battery backup I didnt see yet..I will post about it tomorrow after checking

I don't think anyone will want stock ROM now... Maybe if I could use Franco's kernel with this ROM. then things could get interesting.

Still, I am hoping Mik or Andy release a non-buggy awesome ROM...

Today I had to reinstall Mik OS 6.5.7... The problem was, Clock would start automatically every few minutes... No matter how many times you close it or kill the process. Starting clock means battery drain. Also, again today, whenever I received a call, it would automatically go to Speaker Mode...

Scanned the phone with some free Antivirus from the Android Market... Found nothing... So, decided to reinstall. I want to jump ship... I hope Andy releases something soon... Void is stuck forever without updates... :p

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Sorry but I am back with another question..... :p

Installing custom ROMs can cause warranty problems..... Changing boot screen can void warranty.... But I can use a custom keyboard, right? And what about the home screen/launcher?? :???:

Top Bottom