The LG Optimus One Thread

mohityadavx

Youngling
Well i flashed my cellphone to 2.3.5 with franco kernel v18 and mod is CM7.1 RC1 however whenever i try to add google account i get this error

"Unable to open connection to server"

even though if i surf net on browser it works fine

tmanikandan

The Incredible
rooting wont void ur warranty any more. confirmed by LG india after declared by LG Italy.

Great..But in Android , rooting doesn't matter much and make sense as u are very well aware that u can always get back to unrooted state. Rooting voids warranty doesn't make sense. So actually it doesn't matter. They can get back to unrooted state and get service from the company :)

Neo

Well i flashed my cellphone to 2.3.5 with franco kernel v18 and mod is CM7.1 RC1 however whenever i try to add google account i get this error

"Unable to open connection to server"

even though if i surf net on browser it works fine

just flash gapps package from recovery.
and it will ask for your Google account on startup automatically.

Hannibal09

Broken In
Got news that GB for optimus one is available in india
*androidos.in/2011/08/lg-optimus-one-getting-gingerbread-update-in-india/
Can some one confirm it?

gmg9

in the kaya
has anyone installed it here ? any review / feedback on this rom ??

----------

i hav few q.. would appreciate if anyone help me.. thx ...

1. using s2e from market. moved app, app-private, delvik-cache to my etx4 (800mb) sd partition. bt whenever i move some app through CM7 application manage settings ... i see my fat32 partition reducing in size, not the etx4 partition.. why its happening like dis ? apps (n its data) suppose to move to the ext4 partition...right ??

2. recently parchased a sandisk 8gb class4 sdhc card. before dat, was using default 2gb sd card. partitions is like this in the 2gb ...
swap=32mb
ext4=800mb
fat32=rest..
so hw do i move all my sd card contents (including ext4 stuffs) to the new 8gb card, so dat my phone act like ususal after installing the 8gb card in place of 2gb card....

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess, when you move an app, it goes to SD Card(i.e. Fat32 partition).

And in my opinion if you have ext4, you need not to move any app.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

straignt_mind

Right off the assembly line
hi all
i recently bought lg p500. it is a good phone and i am enjoying my first smartphone. only one problem is - suddenly network drops to zero and call would be disconnected if i am in call. it is for few seconds only and coverage is restored. but it is a nuisance during the call. so there is this problem of poor network connection. any suggestions?

chandrudme

Journeyman
Hi guys I'm facing a problem with my phone. When the screen locks it takes unusual time to unlock. It takes more than a minute even for display to on.all the apps are lagging. Pl suggest a solution.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess, when you move an app, it goes to SD Card(i.e. Fat32 partition).

yes, to use EXT3/4 one needs some kind of app moving script. moving apps manually will take it to Android Secure folder.

Hi guys I'm facing a problem with my phone. When the screen locks it takes unusual time to unlock. It takes more than a minute even for display to on.all the apps are lagging. Pl suggest a solution.

flash the latest franco kernel i.e. v19.3

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
rooting wont void ur warranty any more. confirmed by LG india after declared by LG Italy.

Is that really confirmed? :???:

If so, then I would change the boot screen ASAP and will then show it off to friends.... I wanted to do this from long time.:)):))

Great..But in Android , rooting doesn't matter much and make sense as u are very well aware that u can always get back to unrooted state. Rooting voids warranty doesn't make sense. So actually it doesn't matter. They can get back to unrooted state and get service from the company :)

Great! Nice to hear that.. :p

those are app. doesn't require root access. so no problem with warranty.
Thanks, but if I uninstall the launcher, will I get the LG launcher back automatically? Sorry but I want to be sure these things before doing anything.... :)

hi all
i recently bought lg p500. it is a good phone and i am enjoying my first smartphone. only one problem is - suddenly network drops to zero and call would be disconnected if i am in call. it is for few seconds only and coverage is restored. but it is a nuisance during the call. so there is this problem of poor network connection. any suggestions?
Happened with me too, but not while on calls. It happened 2-3 times when it showed "Only Emergency Calls"-or something similar. But it got corrected automatically.... :)

tmanikandan

The Incredible
Thanks, but if I uninstall the launcher, will I get the LG launcher back automatically?

Infact u don't have to uninstall the launcher app. You can choose LG Launcher as default and app will get replaced by default LG home launcher.

If u uninstall it , automatically it will launch the LG Home launcher.

When the screen locks it takes unusual time to unlock. It takes more than a minute even for display to on.all the apps are lagging. Pl suggest a solution.

Try to flash with the latest kernel.

suddenly network drops to zero and call would be disconnected if i am in call. it is for few seconds only and coverage is restored

Problem is not related to the phone. It is related to ur service provider. Ur signal strength is weak and thereby it is getting disconnected.

using s2e from market. moved app, app-private, delvik-cache to my etx4 (800mb) sd partition. bt whenever i move some app through CM7 application manage settings ... i see my fat32 partition reducing in size, not the etx4 partition.. why its happening like dis ? apps (n its data) suppose to move to the ext4 partition...right ??

U can take a back up and I think u have to reflash the CM7 again without wipe for s2e. I am not sure. Correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited:

chandrudme

Journeyman
Thanks Sam & Mani.. Basically what is kernel? I read in a forum that flashing kernel wont wipe phone datas.. Pl inform to update my knowledge..

In XDA i saw franco.Kernel.v19.3 CFS & franco.Kernel.v19.3 BFS. Which one is best. Pl advice.

Below is the steps i found to flash new kernel... Hope the method illustrated is ok!!

How to Install/Flash Franco Kernel on LG P500 Custom ROM | Android

gmg9

in the kaya

frankly speaking.. i hav a bit of confusion abt that. like, what i knw is dat.. when u hav ext (2,3,4) partition (depends on the kernel wat type of ext it supports).. as u said, android use dat partition automatically as like internal storage.. u dnt need to use any third party app to move to ext..
bt i had to.. like when i created the ext4 partition.. i didnt see any apps or files moved there.. so using s2e, i moved app, app-private, delvik-cache folder there. and also when i chked with the total internal space i could nt see any increment in the size rather its remains same 200mb. here is my actual confusion occurs..
so, if its really using dat ext partiton, hw come i could nt see any files or folders there.. and the internal size remains same.. !!!

still trying to figure it out.. if anyone plz help us to understand this will be a really help.. thx a lot in advance...

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
@chandrudme
As u wrote june 2011 make,
1. is it latest make by LG?
2. Where is ur SD slot located?
3. How to comfirm the latest manufacture date / quota ?
i am asking this to comfirm & avoid the dust issue.

Top Bottom