The LG Optimus One Thread

chandrudme

Journeyman
Hi a2mn2002

Yes its a latest one from LG. I bought it from letsbuy last month for 8.5k. You can buy from them. They are not selling any old stock!!

SD card is located to the left of camera lens.
The date of mfg will be printed on the Box.

PS: No dust issue in my device and its pretty awesome than Symbian!

tmanikandan

The Incredible
@chandrudme

Read the two links to have a clear idea
Link1

Link2

Don't use z4root. Use gingerbreak to root the phone. I think u already rooted the phone :)

letsbuy last month for 8.5k

Very good Price

Last edited:

chandrudme

Journeyman
thanks dude. Will read it..

I have already rooted d phone with ginger break n installed void forever!

Yes mani.. In Tamilnadu it is sold for Rs 10.5K!

gmg9

in the kaya
If u are using app2sd , try checking in /sd/app or /sd/app-private

dats actually helps a bit.. thx..
as i said, i had to use a third party app (s2e) to mount ext4 partition (without journaling).. then using the same app i had to move my app,app-private and devik-cache folder to ext4 partition.

wat wrong i did.. even after having app folder in ext4 partition i moved most of my app to 'sd card' which means to fat32 partition.. apps data i think will hav to remain in fat32 partition.. like ndrive maps etc..

so, nw i moved all my apps back to internal storage.. and when i chked the app folder through 'es file manager' .. i see all dat apps actually moved to app folder which is in ext4 partition..

conclusion is dat.. though u create a ext partition in ur external sd card.. the android wont using/mounting/seeing it automatically as internal storage.. u need to make it happen through TP apps.. or i am wrong ??

tmanikandan

The Incredible
though u create a ext partition in ur external sd card.. the android wont using/mounting/seeing it automatically as internal storage.. u need to make it happen through TP apps.. or i am wrong ??

Sometimes Internal storage is taking time to refresh and changes in the size of internal memory not getting reflected sooner. In this case, other file explorers helps ( ES is damn good ) . Also, a restart will solve problems in some cases. But moving apps data to SD card is not sensible as it will lower the performance.

mohityadavx

Youngling
do a reset from recovery & try again. have you flashed gaaps file already?

Reset worked . Thans Sam!!

Final Question

Facebook app not working

Error:-
"An error had occurred in sign in . Please try again later".

PS:- Sorry for such delayed replies I dont get time to repy back often.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Reset worked . Thans Sam!!

nice to know.

Facebook app not working

Error:-
"An error had occurred in sign in . Please try again later".

connection problem again? other apps able to connect to internet? like mail or youtube, etc?

UPDATE: switched to MIUI Suicide ROM. looks good but kills the battery. will test for a week & if battery doesn't improve, will switch back to Andy's GB.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
switched to MIUI Suicide ROM. looks good but kills the battery. will test for a week & if battery doesn't improve, will switch back to Andy's GB.

It seems the MIUI project has been dropped for O1.Is it complete ? MIUI Rom actually looks good. Also there are lot of themes for MIUI which are very good.

Also, I recently came across a XDA thread called as fusion Rom for O1. ( combining Void forever and CM7 ). Have u ever tried it ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
It seems the MIUI project has been dropped for O1.Is it complete ? MIUI Rom actually looks good. Also there are lot of themes for MIUI which are very good.

yes. it just a themed CM7 rom. heavily themed & the apps are working without any problem.

Also, I recently came across a XDA thread called as fusion Rom for O1. ( combining Void forever and CM7 ). Have u ever tried it ?

Fusion Rom? no.

can u post some screenshots...thx..

sure. will do it soon. for now trying to resolve the wifi problem. wifi not getting listed or detected :sad:
already flashed 2 times. now trying with new kernel.

*i52.tinypic.com/idrwc3.png*i56.tinypic.com/2nqfqdk.png

wifi not fixed yet. will try fserve kernel now. hope that brings the wifi back to life.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
Thanks for posting the screenshots. In MIUI, Screen , Icons and themes are always good :)

But why they stopped for O1 ? Also, there is no official release for O1 like CM7.

I was talking about this - Fusion Rom

@ Sam, r u using tapatalk for thinkdigit forums ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wifi problem sorted out finally. was easy. just have to select a channel from advance menu & was given in mik's FAQ.

yes icons look nice but really rally heavy on battery. i doubt if tomorrow my mobile will survive till i get back from college.

there a ton of unused ROMs in O1 section of XDA. i have used on Mik, Andy, LOL, Void/Forever roms.

i have tapatalk installed but prefer using opera mini. once in a while i check from tapatalk.

gmg9

in the kaya
@sam thx for SH.. theme really looks nice and slicky.. hope it will stable for regular user use...

mohityadavx

Youngling
nice to know.

connection problem again? other apps able to connect to internet? like mail or youtube, etc?

Resolved after 3-4 times reinstallation of app.

How do u hide and unhide dock on homescreen which contains menu, call button etc ?? I am using adw launcher.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam thx for SH.. theme really looks nice and slicky.. hope it will stable for regular user use...

my pleasure :smile: it is stable enough except lock screen bug.

Resolved after 3-4 times reinstallation of app.

How do u hide and unhide dock on homescreen which contains menu, call button etc ?? I am using adw launcher.

so, app problem or connectivity problem?

not all launcher have options to hide dock. try editing the dock & remove the shortcuts.

mohityadavx

Youngling
app problem

actually my problem is sometimes i hide it by mistake and then i make all those wild gestures on screen and i dont know by which gesture it comes back!!!

gmg9

in the kaya
Anyone who has latest lg gb rom updated... can plz post some screen shots of some apps..
1. Fm
2. Music
3. Home screen
4. Camera

This r da apps (xcept HS), I actually thinking of using in mik's currently installed rom... cause fm app really sucks .. gb music v3 has chinese fonts in search area...camera has some features removed...

And also can u plz chk if gps working flawlessly ...plz upload the /system/etc/gps.conf file..

Thx a lot...

Top Bottom