The LG Optimus One Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Well, facing some odd problems. Like whenever I reboot my phone all the settings and preferences gets deleted. Like A/c sync settings gets deleted, twitter login gets deleted, I need to type id and password again.

What's the problem??

And can anyone explain me CPU Governers?? What are they?? I set it to smartass but again on reboot it got changed to default interactive.

To maintain governers, also select option "Set on Boot" into the Cyanogenmod Performance menu. Else use an app like No Frills CPU Control.

I never had the problem of any settings being reset. I reboot my phone many times a day. If I don't reboot, then the games start laging, or some app might cause battery drain. So, to be sure, I reboot twice a day.

Facebook and Twitter login details might go away when you clear the cache. But not sure why other settings reset.

gmg9

in the kaya
hi guys.. i got a update notify about a upgrade to v10E when i connect to my wifi. nw, i want to upgrade to this version (as before going for a custom rom, i just want play abit with offcial roms).so, my quarries r ...

1. do all my apps/settings/accounts etc.. will be erased because of this upgrade ?
2. do i hav to root it again ?? reinstall custom recovery ??
3. is battery life better in official v10E firmwire ?
4. is all other performance better in this upgrade ?
5. is it froyo 2.2.2 ?
6. if i update rom manager app, do i also need to re-flash clockworkmod ??

thx for ur help........

Well, I'm back to Stock ROM. Will try void #forever today :p

why back? wat happend ? plz share ur experience..
and also good luck with void #forever

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
why back? wat happend ? plz share ur experience..
and also good luck with void #forever

See above the problem I told. Though others are not facing. Actually I love stable things, and CM7 is still buggy, though they mentioned the bugs on XDA Page.

But now I'm looking for some good ROM, which is as stable as Stock one and battery life, smooth and lag free as CM7 :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@gmg9,
1. NO
2 YES
3. YES, should.
4. maybe only touchscreen bug is fixed.
5. YES
6. NO. you may check if new update is avl though.

@Krishna, you should have reflashed the rom again. even the DEVs have told the same.

gmg9

in the kaya
See above the problem I told. Though others are not facing. Actually I love stable things, and CM7 is still buggy, though they mentioned the bugs on XDA Page.

But now I'm looking for some good ROM, which is as stable as Stock one and battery life, smooth and lag free as CM7 :)

many users r using cm7 and they hav running it smoothly. i think u should as sam says, try flashing it again. after all we r all android robots to try new things :)

@gmg9,
1. NO
2 YES
3. YES, should.
4. maybe only touchscreen bug is fixed.
5. YES
6. NO. you may check if new update is avl though.

thx...

nw the updated says, plugin with usb and install lg pc suit..
can u guys tell me the exact steps to follow to update to stock 2.2.2 rom..thx.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Ya, I did that..!! But then it was stuck at CM7 boot logo, I wiped out everything and did everything again. Actually you know I'm a bit lazy and then I thought if I do all these everytime when will I use the phone?? I mean I need to restore all the apps again, type password for all of them again, again set wallpaper, theme etc. That's is why I got back to Stock ROM.

But now, I'm missing my fast, lag free android :(

dib

Broken In
How to change SMS Thumbnail Image

I bought LG Optimus One the day before yesterday.This is my first phone.
While texting messages through SMS i find my messages under thumbnail view of 'me'.But how to dispaly my own image in that thumbnail image presently its blank. I updated 'My Profile' in contacts with my pic n phone number but still the image is blank.
Someone please help.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Just a little off topic here, My friend(no it wasnt me!) overclocked his O1 and had enabled set on boot option. Got a kernel panic and was stuck in a boot loop :grin:

Luckily I read this in the setcpu changelog on xda. :smile:
Version 2.0.3 onwards
2.0.3 - Added a "safe mode" function that prevents SetCPU from running any tasks during boot if a file called "setcpu_safemode" exists in /sdcard or /data/local. This is useful if unstable settings were saved with "set on boot" checked.

It works.
Found it as a nice feature,very "void" like.
Just posting this for future reference if it happens. :grin:

gmg9

in the kaya
Re: How to change SMS Thumbnail Image

I bought LG Optimus One the day before yesterday.This is my first phone.
While texting messages through SMS i find my messages under thumbnail view of 'me'.But how to dispaly my own image in that thumbnail image presently its blank. I updated 'My Profile' in contacts with my pic n phone number but still the image is blank.
Someone please help.

strangely some thing like urs happening with me too. i have added many contact photos. but none of them appear any where except in the contact list itself. like when i add my contact to one of my home screen, the pic area just showing a android robot, nothings else. i think its a bug.. going to update to stock 2.2.2 today. lets see if it fixed.

Just a little off topic here, My friend(no it wasnt me!) overclocked his O1 and had enabled set on boot option. Got a kernel panic and was stuck in a boot loop :grin:

Version 2.0.3 onwards
2.0.3 - Added a "safe mode" function that prevents SetCPU from running any tasks during boot if a file called "setcpu_safemode" exists in /sdcard or /data/local. This is useful if unstable settings were saved with "set on boot" checked.

It works.

thx a lot... for this share.. :D

-----------

i will be updating using KDZ. hope it will work..

has any issue with rooted ph ?

can someone plz post the link to the original lg stock 2.2.2 firmwire for lgp500.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Version 2.0.3 onwards

It works.

thanks a lot. this will surely come handy :)

gmg9

in the kaya
guys, i am get stuck on one level just because of confusion. the guide says (howto install roms using kdz) dat "move all ur apps from sd card to phone memory and then unmount and remove the sd card".. i am really confused..

as i hav lots of apps installed and only 30mb left in internal mem. how will i go from here ?
do i hav to do this step ? plz clarify........thx...

and also am using windows vista.. is there any probs to use it for kdz upgrade as i hav heard some users posted abt use only specific version of windows to use with kdz upgrade process..

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well AFAIK, simply run KDZ (after installing msxml) & connect the phone. first check if KDZ is able to read the phone info. if it can then everything is ok. now select 3GQCT & DIAG. choose the downloaded kdz file & start flashing. i have used KDZ only 2 times & both time used this procedure.

@allO1owners, what is going on here ---> Adobe Flash Player app in default browser?

gmg9

in the kaya
well AFAIK, simply run KDZ (after installing msxml) & connect the phone. first check if KDZ is able to read the phone info. if it can then everything is ok. now select 3GQCT & DIAG. choose the downloaded kdz file & start flashing. i have used KDZ only 2 times & both time used this procedure.

@allO1owners, what is going on here ---> Adobe Flash Player app in default browser?

yea..but before flashing rom using kdz hav ever unmount and remoed ur sd card or mov all apps to phone mem ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
no. both the time (downgrade once & revived a stuck O1) i simply ran KDZ without all the unmounting stuff. which guide are you following?

gmg9

in the kaya
no. both the time (downgrade once & revived a stuck O1) i simply ran KDZ without all the unmounting stuff. which guide are you following?

1. main pic guide. from 2.2 to 2.2.2 .
[HOWTO][PICTURE GUIDE]Update your firmware using KDZ Updater - xda-developers

2. indian guy experience. this for downgrade to 2.2....
xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500

3. ph nt responding, last chance to repair ....
[HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair - xda-developers

strangely if go through the indian guys process.. he mentiones to unmount and removed the sd card before flashing .. but never mentioned to move all apps to phone mem.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't know how will the presence of a memory card affect an update process.

all you should do is disable the LGE virtual modem. rest all i don't think is important. those are just some extra steps that can be ignored.

Gollum

Collector
1. main pic guide. from 2.2 to 2.2.2 .
[HOWTO][PICTURE GUIDE]Update your firmware using KDZ Updater - xda-developers

2. indian guy experience. this for downgrade to 2.2....
xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500

3. ph nt responding, last chance to repair ....
[HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair - xda-developers

strangely if go through the indian guys process.. he mentiones to unmount and removed the sd card before flashing .. but never mentioned to move all apps to phone mem.

Umm I did mention. (picture guide)

Awesome, can't wait for official indian gb. Gotta have bollywoodji you know :p

Top Bottom