The LG Optimus One Thread

Accidentally clicked on "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" in Amonra recovery. All apps gone... :(

Has an old Nandroid backup... so restored somewhat... but its just not like it used to be...

Then thought I should try Andy's ROM. But later found out that it does not work with Amonra. I will have to install CWM after removing Amonra. Too much trouble... Will stick to MikOS...

Cheers!

Moral of the Story: Keep your Nandroid Backups up-to-date. You might actually need them one day...

Too much trouble ? install rom manager free from market- start and it will install CWM. No troubles no hassles :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Too much trouble ? install rom manager free from market- start and it will install CWM. No troubles no hassles :)

Should I uninstall Amonra before installing CWM? How to do that?

Custom Recovery is my lifeline... don't want to screw it up...

won't amonra recovery ask you to press "menu" key to confirm the action? or you pressed menu accidentally too? :p

I only wanted to clear cache... Wasn't paying attention to it... Factory reset option is above Cache clear option... I realized my mistake 1 second late... :D

guru_urug

iGoogle
@AndroidFan try cwm, even I used to use amonra, but wanted to try something new(along with void #forever) so used RomManager to update to cwm recovery. U dont need to wipe anything. Just install RomManager n tap on install recovery. Its very simple, no flashing,rebooting,nothing :)

And what u described wudnt have happened wid cwm, probably. U'll know why once u try it :p
When u click on something(say wipe data/factory reset),it brings up a list like

Are u sure?
No
No
No
No
Yes--delete all user data
No
No

So its very unlikely to accidentally click on something potentially dangerous.
Give it a try,if u dont like it...then flash miks flashable zip to restore amonra from cwm :)

@AndroidFan try cwm, even I used to use amonra, but wanted to try something new(along with void #forever) so used RomManager to update to cwm recovery. U dont need to wipe anything. Just install RomManager n tap on install recovery. Its very simple, no flashing,rebooting,nothing :)

And what u described wudnt have happened wid cwm, probably. U'll know why once u try it :p
When u click on something(say wipe data/factory reset),it brings up a list like

Are u sure?
No
No
No
No
Yes--delete all user data
No
No

So its very unlikely to accidentally click on something potentially dangerous.
Give it a try,if u dont like it...then flash miks flashable zip to restore amonra from cwm :)

Exactly. I have changed the recovery many times and no issues. Just remember your old backups of Amonra will not work. If you need the backups, u can always install mik's zip file for amonra. Give it a try :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Exactly. I have changed the recovery many times and no issues. Just remember your old backups of Amonra will not work. If you need the backups, u can always install mik's zip file for amonra. Give it a try :)

Thank you friends... I will try it... :)

Cheers!

c. ronaldo

Right off the assembly line
lg p500 overclock

Im havin a rooted p500 and itried to over clock it through set cpu but wasnt able to so is there any other way to overclock

Last edited by a moderator:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Re: lg p500 overclock

Im havin a rooted p500 and itried to over clock it through set cpu but wasnt able to so is there any other way to overclock

Even though your P500 has been rooted, its still basically stock LG implementation of Android. Maybe it has limitations.

Uninstall Set CPU and try No Frills CPU Control from the Android market. See if it helps...

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Yesterday when I was at friend's home and I connected to his wi-fi my phone showed me that update is available. But as I was at his home I cancelled the notification.. Now, I can't find it in the phone. Can somebody help me?

k4ce

Youngling
Re: lg p500 overclock

You need to have a kernel that supports overclocking ... the stock kernel does not ...

So flash an O/C kernel and use any cpu o/c software of ur choice ...

Gb update for Romania is up guys :

*csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/AVDRBK/V20g_00/V20G_00.kdz

Looks like we are not far from the official Gingerbread now :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
finally got the dock i wanted.
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tsVU5_Wobu0/TgXZa57k8PI/AAAAAAAAAKI/ys643gNCUHM/snap20110625_181536.png

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks for the compliment. actually it is a theme of Launcher Pro but using with invisible icon so 4 icons fit in place of 5. done this while travelling in train today :p

but i'll miss Go launcher.

gmg9

in the kaya
hi everyone.. going to buy my first android ph. after so confused between may android phns, i start reading many forum and reviews. some says goods and some says bads. lastly my choice was samsung G3 (for da low price). but in gsmareana, there is lot of complains abt call dropping with it, which is a very imp. thing in any phone. i am getting this ph. around 7500 from flipkart. and then i increase my budget and decide to pour xtra 2500 to by budget. nw as i hav red so much abt lgO1 and fit/g3, i thought i would go for lgO1. then i confused and thinking, for a first time android user like me spending xtra 2500 for lgO1, is it worth it ??

1.so guys plz suggest me.. plz keep in mind dat i am a very new user to android, bt at the same time i am more of a technical person. i do experiments with my mob. it could be any phone. my long last used ph was nokia 3230, i just r*ped it so many times..;p . nw its stolen.

2.anyone here using g3 plz share if u hav any call dropping issue with this phone. and also after installing custom rom in this phone, does the problem go away ??

3. flipkart, letsbuy selling it like for rs 10500. bt on ebay am getting it for 9965/-. so wats da current best price for lgO1. am in kolkata right nw. plz suggest.

4. do i wait for 2-3 months ?? may be companies will launch better ph. within my budget.
like micromaxx will launch a70..etc..

5. hw is da spice phones.. mi-410 is around 14k..and mi-310 is around 7500/- . anyone hav experience with this spice phones..plz share..

p.s. i knw my english is always lengthy and confusing..plz make sum guesses :)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't go for G3. it has an odd screen resolution of 240X400 = most apps won't work. don't know about call reception problem.

Fit = 3.3" screen but an even low resolution of 240X320 = total flop. but comes with better camera i.e.e 5Mp & camera pic quality is also good.

O1 = avg camera & gingerbread on its way. rest everything is of industry standard. nothing to complain about.

G3 for 7500 is priced good but i think for around 1.5k (9k) more you'll get O1. & from my point, this is worth an investment.

Micromax, Lava, Carbon most probably will release some rebarnded ZTE or Huawei mobiles (both top Chinese mobile maker). so you'll get quality handset but slowly problem will start to appear. so when investing above a good amount of cash, i'll advice stick to some good brand. also warranty thing comes into the picture.

mi410 is terrific VFM. have really good specs but then there are thing to consider like for 1k more you can get Motorola Defy which is of the same league (downgraded cam & no official gingerbread update) but comes with better build quality & have good support at XDA so you can dump the stock Android whenever you wish.

-----------------------------------------------------
@all, i need a screen protector for my O1. doesn't anyone know if HTC Wildfire screenguard will work on O1. i am more concerned about the dimensions. Flipkart have several screenguard for wildfire & are priced well. i'll be getting an external HDD from there & so want to get the guard along with it.

considering this: Molife Screen Guard, if it fits well.

Top Bottom