The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
do it manually. also if you flash Franco's kernel, you can't use the built in cpu setting in CM7 to alter CPU speed. need to go for some apps to do it. if you have not flashed Franco's kernel, go to CryoMod setting>Performance>CPU Setting>

Available Governors: choose smartass or smoothass (don't they have better naming scheme for these things :p ) next choose Min frequency & Max frequency.

i achieved quadrant of 900-950 usually & Neocore is always the same @ 55.5.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

I already flashed Franco's v18

BTW I'm facing a problem with date and time, it's showing wrong date and time when I select "Use Network Provided Values".

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
The gingerbread update for optimus one is live! Rollout started with Romania.

Looks like its here... Maybe this is the link to the download... -- *csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/ARUSSV/V20b_00/V20B_00.kdz

I am not going to update...

WARNING: Messes with the baseband. You cannot jump back to other custom ROMS because then you won't have GSM service. You will be stuck with it...

Looks like its here... Maybe this is the link to the download... -- *csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/ARUSSV/V20b_00/V20B_00.kdz

WARNING: Messes with the baseband. You cannot jump back to other custom ROMS because then you won't have GSM service. You will be stuck with it...

Is it Indian rom ? I am using romania update and its awesome- no bugs at all.

and regarding the warning you just wrote- you can downgrade to froyo 2.2 version from kdz, and then the same procedure to install custom roms. So its exactly not a warning :) lol

gmg9

in the kaya

wats dat mean ? wont be able to hav gsm service... plz explain a bit. thx

is dat mean we should update lgO1 to official gingerbread ??? plz clarify..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
me2. I HATE LG. i only like XDA ;-)

+1

Is it Indian rom ? I am using romania update and its awesome- no bugs at all.

and regarding the warning you just wrote- you can downgrade to froyo 2.2 version from kdz, and then the same procedure to install custom roms. So its exactly not a warning :) lol

Isn't KDZ dangerous? It likes to brick phones... I love my custom recovery... Can't trust KDZ...

wats dat mean ? wont be able to hav gsm service... plz explain a bit. thx

is dat mean we should update lgO1 to official gingerbread ??? plz clarify..

No GSM means, after upgrading to official Gingerbread using KDZ, if you want to go back to another custom ROM, then you would lose the ability to make phone calls.

But as Dreatica said, there is a workaround... downgrading to official 2.2 V10B using the KDZ tool is possible, after which you can install custom ROMs again...

+1

Isn't KDZ dangerous? It likes to brick phones... I love my custom recovery... Can't trust KDZ...

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Its just how you take it. :)

gmg9

in the kaya
hmm..dats means we will never want to do a official GB upgrade. although, hav doubt hw many wants to do so except installing custom roms..hehe..

its a really bad move by lg. why they hav done such a stupid thing..kick lg..

do it get a 2.3.4 icecream upgrade in future..any idea ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ok, now I'm facing some hiccups, can anyone please address the problems...

1. I installed Launcher Pro, but everytime I reboot it gets default set to ADW Launcher.

2. I tried uninstalling ADW launcher but the uninstall option is not there.

3. The google search widget and the weather widget(beautiful widget), gets added when I add them, but after reboot it says "Problem Loading Widget", I guess the Google Search widget is of ADW.

Ok, now I'm facing some hiccups, can anyone please address the problems...

1. I installed Launcher Pro, but everytime I reboot it gets default set to ADW Launcher.

2. I tried uninstalling ADW launcher but the uninstall option is not there.

3. The google search widget and the weather widget(beautiful widget), gets added when I add them, but after reboot it says "Problem Loading Widget", I guess the Google Search widget is of ADW.

For 1&2, uninstall ADW from Titanium backup. I guess you are using custom rom where the ADW is the default launcher, so it cant be installed directly. Use as stated above to do it and will resolve the issue.

3. Move those widgets to phone memory from settings-application.

sanket

Broken In
I am using P-500 since 2 days. But someone tell me
(1) how do i close the opened applications on it>??? I didnt find 'exit' button in any of the application.
(2) how do i send .apk files via bluetooth to other phones??

hmm..dats means we will never want to do a official GB upgrade. although, hav doubt hw many wants to do so except installing custom roms..hehe..

its a really bad move by lg. why they hav done such a stupid thing..kick lg..

do it get a 2.3.4 icecream upgrade in future..any idea ?

You should taste the official GB update, the only thing that keeping some users away, is you have to go back to froyo through kdz if you wanna revert back to old custom roms and kdz is the cause of brick phone for noobs. You all are not noobs here, have flashed roms many times etc. :)

Since CM7-Mik is working to bring up a patch for new baseband/old baseband, it will be just a matter of zip to flash and revert. Give the dev some hours to bring it up. :D

gmg9

in the kaya
You should taste the official GB update, the only thing that keeping some users away, is you have to go back to froyo through kdz if you wanna revert back to old custom roms and kdz is the cause of brick phone for noobs. You all are not noobs here, have flashed roms many times etc. :)

Since CM7-Mik is working to bring up a patch for new baseband/old baseband, it will be just a matter of zip to flash and revert. Give the dev some hours to bring it up. :D

thx for the update...

i got a crazy deal with lgO1. one month old @ 7500/- with bill and all other accessories + screen protecter. going to look at it and if everything ok, will buy it. make was feb,2011. so the users complained issues are fixed i guess.

thx a lot frnds for all ur suggestion and updates..

I am using P-500 since 2 days. But someone tell me
(1) how do i close the opened applications on it>??? I didnt find 'exit' button in any of the application.
(2) how do i send .apk files via bluetooth to other phones??

1. Android manages the application background process itself with efficient ram management, if you wanna manually stop that apps, go to settings-application-running apps name-stop.

2. Use bluetooth file manager to send files.

thx for the update...

i got a crazy deal with lgO1. one month old @ 7500/- with bill and all other accessories + screen protecter. going to look at it and if everything ok, will buy it. make was feb,2011. so the users complained issues are fixed i guess.

thx a lot frnds for all ur suggestion and updates..

One of my friend is selling at same price, with cover and screen protector, not sure about the make. Go grab it, its VFM phone :)

Top Bottom