The LG Optimus One Thread

guru_urug

iGoogle
Im using noejns void #forever now. Setting it up took longer, becoz of the addons. Also I flashed franco's latest kernal and his tweaks too. Add to that the fact tht Im using clockwork recovery for first time.
Phone is smoother than miks rom. But I have to install more apps before I can confirm that. Best part is that angry birds lags lesser, almost unnoticable. :razz:

I'll use phone for a couple of days to check battery backup :)

Are u guys reading this thread on xda?
[ROM] splitbread v2.3.4 (20-06-2011) Link added - xda-developers

some Indian dude named vishnuhost up against Noejn.
Noejn is a great dev but he shud learn to be cool like mik_os :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^^ I remember reading Andy's ROM had a lot more problems than Mik's ROM. So, is everything working well with the phone?

same issues as Mik's creation. no more, no less :smile:

the icons also look good & so is the status bar.

Are u guys reading this thread on xda?
[ROM] splitbread v2.3.4 (20-06-2011) Link added - xda-developers

some Indian dude named vishnuhost up against Noejn.
Noejn is a great dev but he shud learn to be cool like mik_os :p

yes. Noejn could have told it in a more civilized manner than freak out at him.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Im using noejns rom for a day now. Its nice and sleek. It seems smoother than miks rom when u overclock it. Ive flashed francos latest kernel and my phone overclocks upto 825Mhz(just for testing)

Running it on 729/480 smartass for over half a day and no probs.
Battery was fully charged last evening after erasing batt stats and flashing tweaks.
Heavy wifi usage for about hr and 10 min, 1hr 45 min of voice call. No 3g/gprs. About 30 text msgs sent. Brightness was full for quite a while,also used flashlight and plus installing apps/themes/benchmarks too. After 24 hrs, still 15% battery left. So its ok, it should get better once rom settles down

Only thing is that this rom is stripped of all the basic apps, and theres a lot of flashing to do.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
exactly same as mik's rom but strangely battery backup is slightly less. UI sometimes become a bit slow. game performance is more or less the same. may flash franco's kernal.

& loving lg's keyboard. better than stock gingerbread. yet to overclock.

guru_urug

iGoogle
:shock: where the Ace users ran away?

Lol! nice one.
Though I was able to overclock to 825Mhz, havent tested it for stability :p

And Im pretty sure Im lucky, tht my phone is able to go tht far. My friend's phone kept getting kernel panic everytime he went over 600Mhz wid smartass on miks 6.5.4(with original kernel) And I could go upto 806Mhz :p

exactly same as mik's rom but strangely battery backup is slightly less. UI sometimes become a bit slow. game performance is more or less the same. may flash franco's kernal.

& loving lg's keyboard. better than stock gingerbread. yet to overclock.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ok, tweeted @LGIndiaTweets about Gingerbread update of Optimus One. This is what they replied...

@Krishnandu As per the latest communication received, the Optimus One Android 2.3 upgrade will be available by late August- early September 2011.

guru_urug

iGoogle
They will keep postponing :p The last time they said it wud be may end or june. Anyway its irrelevant, as long as we have xda :)
But still the released sources wud help to make a better gingy rom :) looking forward to that. Already thinking of icecream sandwich :p
Hope it doesnt have any h/w restrictions :-(

BTW jus realised 100th post!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
learnt a lot here on TDF, thanks to all u guys :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@LG, give us the kernal source. abt the gingerbread update, fry it & feed your programmers.

lg is alive among the htc & samsung smartphones purely cause of XDA. nobody gives a damn care about the hardware if the software is plagued by a host of problems.

BTW jus realised 100th post!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
learnt a lot here on TDF, thanks to all u guys :)

congrats :smile: 100 informative & helpful posts.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Accidentally clicked on "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" in Amonra recovery. All apps gone... :(

Has an old Nandroid backup... so restored somewhat... but its just not like it used to be...

Then thought I should try Andy's ROM. But later found out that it does not work with Amonra. I will have to install CWM after removing Amonra. Too much trouble... Will stick to MikOS...

Cheers!

Moral of the Story: Keep your Nandroid Backups up-to-date. You might actually need them one day...

Top Bottom