The LG Optimus One Thread

X-jo

Broken In
when i hadn't flashed google apps on a8, market was white... after flashing market is latest version black one..

the market i have is the black version, i can install some apps but whatsapp n twitter(atleast for now) show 'Not compatible' when i search via market.android.com in pc, wen i search via market in fone, it doesnt even give me any results ..

X-jo

Broken In
Did you change the dpi by any chance?
Clear market cache...restart and try again.

i didnt do anything manually.. one thing i remember, after flashing A8 and opening market, the font size of the title bar saying 'Market' and 'Apps' were double the size.. i then switched themes in theme chooser and came back to the same theme and then it was fine... dunno if that has any connection to it but still ..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Sam, Ya making it a dumb phone instead of smart phone gives around 3 days :p

Check this out: [HOW-TO] extend battery life (up to 11+ days!) - xda-developers

That thread (at XDA) is a guide that claims one can get through 11 days without a recharge! But at the cost of making it a dumbest phone ever. :D

I loved this comment, "I don't need a smartphone if i use it this way. Might also go back to a 30 buck Nokia phone with a 2 week battery life. Optimus one is fine with 2-3 days on fserve kernel, its more than most android phones will give you." :rofl:

red dragon

Master troll
i didnt do anything manually.. one thing i remember, after flashing A8 and opening market, the font size of the title bar saying 'Market' and 'Apps' were double the size.. i then switched themes in theme chooser and came back to the same theme and then it was fine... dunno if that has any connection to it but still ..

You unknowingly have changed the dpi mate!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok, So I uninstalled following pre-loaded apps from my O1 using Titanium Backup, in an attempt to clear a lot of precious internal memory...

YouTube - 2.1M
Voice Search - 2.2M
Twitter - 2.2M
PhotoFunia - 1.2M
Aldiko Book Reader - 6.1M
ThinkFree Office Mobile Viewer - 7.8M
TasKiller free - 269k
Street View on Google Maps - 282k
Google Maps - 5.5M
Layar - 3.6M

After uninstalling which I was expecting a "massive" gain in memory level. But was surprised to know that I only gained about 13 MB which should be 31.2 MB. :shock:

Now there is only one possibility, IMO which can explain this unexpected result:
Titanium backup have only deleted the apps from phone but not properly "uninstalled" then. I can bet on it since these apps are still showing on the market as "Installed"!

What can I do to properly uninstall them so that its removed from market too?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Ok, So I uninstalled following pre-loaded apps from my O1 using Titanium Backup, in an attempt to clear a lot of precious internal memory...

YouTube - 2.1M
Voice Search - 2.2M
Twitter - 2.2M
PhotoFunia - 1.2M
TasKiller free - 269k
Google Maps - 5.5M
Layar - 3.6M

After uninstalling which I was expecting a "massive" gain in memory level. But was surprised to know that I only gained about 13 MB which should be 31.2 MB. :shock:

Now there is only one possibility, IMO which can explain this unexpected result:
Titanium backup have only deleted the apps from phone but not properly "uninstalled" then. I can bet on it since these apps are still showing on the market as "Installed"!

Couldn't you just uninstall most of these apps from Menu >> Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications... Why use Titanium backup for these regular apps?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lol... they were not regular apps, those were the apps which came with the box. And I couldn't uninstall them like I do to regular apps.
What surprised me is that I have gained very less space even after uninstalling 10 of them!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Check this out: [HOW-TO] extend battery life (up to 11+ days!) - xda-developers

That thread (at XDA) is a guide that claims one can get through 11 days without a recharge! But at the cost of making it a dumbest phone ever. :D

I loved this comment, "I don't need a smartphone if i use it this way. Might also go back to a 30 buck Nokia phone with a 2 week battery life. Optimus one is fine with 2-3 days on fserve kernel, its more than most android phones will give you." :rofl:

already read that. user managed 11days battery life with some terrible underclock. 156Mhz or so from 600Mhz.

YouTube - 2.1M
Voice Search - 2.2M
Twitter - 2.2M
PhotoFunia - 1.2M
TasKiller free - 269k
Google Maps - 5.5M
Layar - 3.6M

try clearing cache. that may free up more space. maybe the apk is removed from system/app folder & not the associated data.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
AFAIK, we can only clear cache of an app while it's installed. I used "Clear Cache" option of Android Assistant too. It shows only those apps which are installed.
How to clear cache of apps which are uninstalled. (Is there some fixed path in Android for cache, like temp folder of Windows?)

Neo

AFAIK, we can only clear cache of an app while it's installed. I used "Clear Cache" option of Android Assistant too. It shows only those apps which are installed.
How to clear cache of apps which are uninstalled. (Is there some fixed path in Android for cache, like temp folder of Windows?)
Tries clearing cache n other stuff from recovery?

time to try CM9 i guess.
Kiddin??:shock::oops:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
:oops: forgotten. yes can't be cleared. then, time to try CM9 i guess.

Based on ICS right? Screenies looks awesome. But looks like it is in some heavy testing phase only, with some problems with touchscreen and all.

Besides, I really want to try Gingerbread now. (Want to take single step at a time) :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Your device is already rooted. So, go ahead and install Cache Cleaner NG from the Market... In its settings, use Old Cleaning method. It is excellent. Frequency of once a week should be good enough...

It will thoroughly clear all cache files from both Internal Memory and SD card...

Cheers!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks AndroidFan for that app. Although it was able to erase only 5 MB from Internal memory.

Looks like I am going to try a custom Rom soon.

What do I have to do to install GingerBread in its original form?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
gb in its original form? hmmm, try one based on official LG rom. or try the official rom itself but be ready for lags & battery drain. else try Oxygen. simply the best for a new user. less settings & smooth.

mohityadavx

Youngling
I am using CyanogenMod -7.1.0-RC1-Thunderg-Kang
android version : 2.3.5
kernel : 2.6.32.42-franco.Kernel.v18 (mik@mik-desktop#7)

The stock camera in CM7 is pathetic. LG's stock camera was much better please suggest any alternative.

Also suggest any good ROM I am getting bored of this I can wait if some really good rom is coming in nearby future. Preferably rom should have better battery life I just manage a day with this one.

Top Bottom