The LG Optimus One Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I think unless CM9 comes out, no point in shifting to the new baseband... its too much trouble... CM7 as it is now (A8) is good enough for everybody...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hello everybody...
This is me. Vyom. A survival from the initial phase of rooting and playing with CWM recovery.
Later, I was able to successfully take a Nandroid backup using TWRP recovery, thanks to sam. ;)

But I am still stuck. I don't get it why even after rooting I am unable to uninstall the apps which came with the box. I thought after I root, I would have the supreme power to do whatever I want. :confused:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes you can but to do that you need some extra bloatware to be installed in your mobile i.e. titanium backup. i think you have already installed it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, already installed it! :D

Figured this out after I watched a video on Titanium backup, that preloaded apps can be uninstalled using it.
But I was expecting after we have root access, we can uninstall it just like we do the normal apps.

Manufacturers have Really tried to bind their apps along with their device. Sorry LG. Bye bye "Bollywoodji" !!! :)

================
Ok, Done with the Titanium backup. Just wanted to confirm something.

After finishing the "Backup all user apps + system data", the folder size of TitaniumBackup turns out to be just 55.26 MB. It looks really low, considering the size of TWRP folder which is 345.38 MB after the Nandroid backup.

Just curious, does it look normal?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. its perfectly normal.
nandroid backup = android os + all the apps & everything your mobile have.
titanium backup = crapwares you have uninstalled.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
yes. its perfectly normal.
nandroid backup = android os + all the apps & everything your mobile have.
titanium backup = crapwares you have uninstalled.

Is that a typo? :/

Also, I haven't uninstalled any apps till now. Wanted to do a Titanium backup before. But that difference in size has really amazed me. I am in doubt whether the backup was complete, or it was interrupted in between.

Can I just rename the TitaniumBackup folder to TitaniumBackup2, and then do a fresh new backup?

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
guys is there proper guide how i can update my phone to CM7. Im a novice in these areas ... currently im running Gingerbread 2.3.3 with software version LG-P500-V20e ... im a bit confused with different basebands .... any help on this is appreciated .. thanks

My phone is not rooted.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
there are ton of guide in XDA but if you want a guide from rooting, installing custom recovery right to finish installing a rom in extremely simple language, wait a few more hours.

Is that a typo? :/

Also, I haven't uninstalled any apps till now. Wanted to do a Titanium backup before. But that difference in size has really amazed me. I am in doubt whether the backup was complete, or it was interrupted in between.

Can I just rename the TitaniumBackup folder to TitaniumBackup2, and then do a fresh new backup?

ok, or the one you want to uninstall.

yup. just when you want to restore apps in a fresh new rom, create a titaniumbackup folder & dump all your backup in that folder. titanium backup will recognize it & show the list.

but the size is perfect. a rom usually weights in at 125Mb & apps around 2-3Mb. so ~10 apps = 25Mb or so. so rom + apps = 150Mb. hence large nandroid backup.

currently im running Gingerbread 2.3.3 with software version LG-P500-V20e ... im a bit confused with different basebands

either you can downgrade baseband & use any of the CM7 derived roms or try the new official Cyanogenmod 7.2 that supports only new baseband mobiles i.e. yours.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

So, I just did that, and the results are out. The new TitaniumBackup folder is 176.15 MB (compared to just 56 before). So, of course the backup process was interrupted before, mysteriously.

Btw, can someone tell me what app is used to show the following Graph about battery stats: Unable to find the name of it:

*img.tapatalk.com/18a0930d-58b2-9edc.jpg

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Btw, can someone tell me what app is used to show the following Graph about battery stats: Unable to find the name of it:

Go to Menu >> Settings >> About Phone >> Battery Use

Click on the graph to enlarge...

Alternately, you can Long Press on your Desktop >> Shortcut >> Settings... Then select battery use to put an icon directly on your desktop...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looks like that kind of graph is not available for Froyo.

Mine graph looks like the following... :|

*www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/image207.png

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
or maybe this is not available in official rom

So, I just did that, and the results are out. The new TitaniumBackup folder is 176.15 MB (compared to just 56 before). So, of course the backup process was interrupted before,

how many apps you have taken backup of? 100?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
or maybe this is not available in official rom
That's sad. I wanted to take benchmarks of the battery backups using different settings.
how many apps you have taken backup of? 100?

Here are the numbers written in front of each options:
Backup all user apps: 42
Backup all system data: 110
Backup all user apps + system data: 152

I have 42 installed apps and 48 inbuilt one.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have selected the third option, which was, "Backup all user apps + system data".
So guessing it must have backed up every app.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Another good news :)

If you want to try CM7 Official Nightly builds, no need to change baseband..!!

Just flash this fix [Fixed & kernel] Old baseband fixed and cm kernel [data,camera works] - xda-developers :)

Enjoy :D

Neo

Thanks krishnadu. But i guess eveyone will wait for CM9.

BTW, what is nightly?

There are 5 ROMs on the link you mentioned. Which one to use?

Top Bottom