The LG Optimus One Thread

X-jo

Broken In
my baseband version is V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009.. is this new or old? sud i go for old(A or F series) or new(N series) baseband?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You are on Old Baseband.

Choice is upto you..!! Flash the ROM that you think you'd like to try.

You can refer to comments there on XDA ROM Thread, to get ideas about bugs on ROM's.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
my baseband version is V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009.. is this new or old? sud i go for old(A or F series) or new(N series) baseband?

This is old baseband. I have the same...

*i.imgur.com/BOuiS.png

I read on AdFad666's thread that testers using F2 have trouble. Sim Card not detected. So, going for A8 now...

Cheers!

X-jo

Broken In
You are on Old Baseband.

Choice is upto you..!! Flash the ROM that you think you'd like to try.

You can refer to comments there on XDA ROM Thread, to get ideas about bugs on ROM's.
thanks man

This is old baseband. I have the same...

*i.imgur.com/BOuiS.png

I read on AdFad666's thread that testers using F2 have trouble. Sim Card not detected. So, going for A8 now...

Cheers!
yup, i too was thinking to go for the .32 one... lets see
also can i flash the rom directly or do i have to flash P500-v10E-baseband.7z before flashing A8?

X-jo

Broken In
*www.facebook.com/questions/264670886925827/

btw vote here to get(or hope to) MIUI ROM for our fone.

chandrudme

Journeyman
friends i have a problem...

I'm with O2 V2.. i flashed Franco.Kernel 2.6.35.14 today,, after rebooting i was welcomed by a black screen... it seems I've flashed a wrong kernel.. how to resolve it? need ur advice...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You flashed right kernel. O2 v2 is .35 tree kernel based ROM.

So did it finally boot to O2 or not??

Otherwise you can try flashing the kernel again.

If it's black screen bug that you are talking about, then use Live Wallpaper to get rid of it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
*www.facebook.com/questions264670886925827/
btw vote here to get(or hope to) MIUI ROM for our fone.

Thanks for the link dude.. since I missed it previousy.
Looks like Optimus One has the highest votes! :D

Ok.. after days of planning and being frustrated by the never-ending 'no-memory left issue' I think I am ready to root my baby now.

Quick research on XDA showed me that the best app to try is GingerBreak. I will try that, once I make a backup of my SD card, since it says card may get format during the process.

Btw, isn't it ironical that to use Titanium backup the phone should be rooted. But in the process of rooting even card may get formatted! :confused:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Just keep backup of the card. And card won't get formatted..!! It's just a warning which never happened to anyone. But just for safety reasons take a backup of card.

And Titanium backup does diff thing, so it needs root permissions.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^ So you are saying that if I copy the entire contents of card to a folder on computer, and then even if card gets erased, I can restore the functionality of apps (that depends on the card) just by copying the files back from the folder to card, and it will be like it was never formatted in the first place? :?

Really? :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
And Titanium backup does diff thing, so it needs root permissions.

a good example is kicking out bloatwares & crapwares. those are system apps & only an admin (superuser) can do it. hence it needs root.

^ So you are saying that if I copy the entire contents of card to a folder on computer, and then even if card gets erased, I can restore the functionality of apps (that depends on the card) just by copying the files back from the folder to card, and it will be like it was never formatted in the first place? :?

Really? :)

yup. when you run any app that have its data transferred to memory card, it'll look for the data in a folder named android_secure. if not found, app will show blah blah blah error. hence just make a backup.

X-jo

Broken In
So to flash another ROM, can someone list the necessary steps to backup? And also how to restore once the ROM is flashed... i know there are NAND backups, titanium backup and all.. but still a refresher would be awesome

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
To all LG Optimus One P500 users...

Guys, the cogs are being greased, wheels are starting to turn and big changes are coming. Hold on to your seats, things are about to get crazy around here...

-By adfad666

Download A Series or F Series ROM's if you want them later. They are going be obsolete :p

Because N Series is going to get Official Support :D

[ROM][10JAN] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG [.32][.35][BothBasebands] - xda-developers

So to flash another ROM, can someone list the necessary steps to backup? And also how to restore once the ROM is flashed... i know there are NAND backups, titanium backup and all.. but still a refresher would be awesome

1. Backup SD Card.
2. Root.
3. Install Recovery.
4. Nand Backup
5. Flash ROM
6. Flash GAPPS (If not provided in the ROM Itself)

In Recovery there is option to restore NAND Backup.

N.B. : If you want all your apps in your New ROM, then Install Titanium Backup and take a backup of all the user apps after Rooting (Step 2). And then take a backup of your SD Card again, as titanium backup will store the things in SD Card.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
To all LG Optimus One P500 users...

Download A Series or F Series ROM's if you want them later. They are going be obsolete :p

Because N Series is going to get Official Support :D

[ROM][10JAN] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG [.32][.35][BothBasebands]

WOW. TFS. really exciting news. this means ICS for our mobile? can you ask this in the thread @ xda?

err, krishnandu i think what he said was there won't be update for old baseband anymore.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ya, that's on the first page. Other two ROM's are going to be obsolate. Just browse from the last.

That's why he changed it from ThunderG to KANG otherwise CM7 won't accept it.

No ICS for now. A guy asked him, and he got hyper. Let him finish the bugs and get the official support first.

We worked a hard 6 hours or so and got most of it done tonight, just a couple of outstanding bugs: slow graphics, audio redirect and the camcorder doesn't record.

However all the other basic functions work perfectly and the plan is to get it finished tomorrow evening. Then the official CM7 celebrations can commence!

-By adfad666

*forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21302633&postcount=257

Cm7 Dashboard : *r.cyanogenmod.com/#dashboard,2147

CM7 on G+ : *plus.google.com/117962666888533781522/posts/GWR3576ok9t

Enjoy :D

Here's a preview that he posted...

*img23.imageshack.us/img23/103/screenshot1326334862624.png

*forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21303652&postcount=259

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ya, that's on the first page. Other two ROM's are going to be obsolate. Just browse from the last.

well so no more .32 kernel? :sad:

That's why he changed it from ThunderG to KANG otherwise CM7 won't accept it.

please explain a bit about this. i have read the thread from last page backward & what i get is, O1 will get update straight from Cyanogen team? so no more porting & all?

No ICS for now. A guy asked him, and he got hyper. Let him finish the bugs and get the official support first.

:lol:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][10JAN] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG [.32][.35][BothBasebands]

Cm7 Dashboard : Gerrit Code Review

CM7 on G+ : *plus.google.com/117962666888533781522/posts/GWR3576ok9t

Enjoy :D

Here's a preview that he posted...

*img23.imageshack.us/img23/103/screenshot1326334862624.png

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][10JAN] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG [.32][.35][BothBasebands]

thanks for the links. checking :smile:

Top Bottom