The LG Optimus One Thread

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
well so no more .32 kernel? :sad:

That's right. No more .32 Kernel. No more Old Baseband.

please explain a bit about this. i have read the thread from last page backward & what i get is, O1 will get update straight from Cyanogen team? so no more porting & all?

ThunderG is the name of the board, as the codename for Optimus One is Thunder and "G" stands for "Global" (P500 is the global model of the phone).

KANGs are nightly CyanogenMod builds.

That's right, O1 will get update directly from CM Team. Probably, it'll be developed by Adfaaad, he's going to be recognized CM Developer.

Each device is handled by diff. dev. teams.

Wait..!! Let me search the link :p

Got it..!!

Originally Posted by iamawsm

Hey could u also develop ICS FOR LG P500 please we all are waiting for it!!!! bdw ur rom n2 is gr8 but i will wait for all the bugs to be fixed!!!

Why don't you develop for it? Help write some code otherwise STFU & GTFO.

-By Adfaaad

*forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21244857&postcount=99

Hey dude i just asked u.i said plzzz. no need to show attitude if u cant make ics just say no.. no need to show attitude bdw ur d one crying omg ppl are not using download link on first page!!! omg what will happen??world is goin to end!!! u r d one crying nd blocking access to u rom just beacause he or she downloaded from some other source!!I m just saying let people access ur rom even if they r downloading from any other source its still ur rom!!! they will use ur rom u shud be proud source does not matter!!!!!now i m asking u again can u make ics for lg p500 ?? if u cant say no!!no need to be angry!!we all know u worked hard making this rom nd we are appreciating ur work

-By iamawsm

*forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21246652&postcount=109

Also check *forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21297681&postcount=246

No one is even daring to ask for ICS :p

thanks for the links. checking :smile:

You are welcome :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ThunderG is the name of the board, as the codename for Optimus One is Thunder and "G" stands for "Global" (P500 is the global model of the phone).

KANGs are nightly CyanogenMod builds.

That's right, O1 will get update directly from CM Team. Probably, it'll be developed by Adfaaad, he's going to be recognized CM Developer.

yes, most likely adam will be added to Team Cyanogen. but only 1 guy developing for O1 :? well i just wish somehow out mobile get ICS finally.

Each device is handled by diff. dev. teams.

but usually each device got 2-3 DEVs working on it.

Wait..!! Let me search the link :p

Got it..!!

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][10JAN] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG [.32][.35][BothBasebands]

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][10JAN] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG [.32][.35][BothBasebands]

some rough talks.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
yes, most likely adam will be added to Team Cyanogen. but only 1 guy developing for O1 :? well i just wish somehow out mobile get ICS finally.

but usually each device got 2-3 DEVs working on it.

I said probably. So may be CM Team will also look upon it. And may be other dev's will be there too.

That was just my assumption. Let's see what happens.

We may get ICS, there is a chance. As far I know, many dev's are working on h/w acceleration thing to get it fixed. I read it somewhere.

And who can say, after getting it recognized by CM Team, we may get CM9 too..!!

some rough talks.

Yeah :D

Neo

Hey ..thanx Krishnadu.
From where the hell do you get all this information. :p Do you Keep surfing all the day or what ?? :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sorry but I have one last doubt before I root. The procedure at XDA states that phone should be in debugging mode before I try gingerBreak. So does this mean, my phone has to be connected to computer also through the cable while I execute gingerbreak apk?

Please also tell in what other scenario does the phone should be connected to a system, if any. One such possible situation is I think, when we need to update firmware and while using KDZ updater. Any other cases?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
And who can say, after getting it recognized by CM Team, we may get CM9 too..!!

if some really old mobiles can get support for CM9, so can our mobile too.

Please also tell in what other scenario does the phone should be connected to a system, if any. One such possible situation is I think, when we need to update firmware and while using KDZ updater. Any other cases?

when you wish to transfer your favorite album to the phone ;-)

when you are updating OS through kdz updater, updating baseband, rooting official 2.3.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am having a problem. In one of the steps, its written that get the gingerbreak apk onto the phone memory somehow. But I am unable to do so. Browser automatically download the apk to card, and when I use Astro to copy file to phone memory, it says, permission denied! :(

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Guys, keep an eye here for the progress..!!

Gerrit Code Review

BTW another good news..!! Mik is alive..!! He finally replied..!! Check the above link.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok.... Phew...

I finally gathered the courage to hit the root button on Gingerbreak... and now my first step is Complete!! :D :bananana: :bananana: :bananana:

Now before uninstalling the FALTU apps I will take a Titanium backup. And I am following this guide, if anyone's interested: How To Use Titanium Backup For Android [Complete Guide]

Man... I feel so relieved now!! Thanks Sam! :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ok.... Phew...

I finally gathered the courage to hit the root button on Gingerbreak... and now my first step is Complete!! :D :bananana: :bananana: :bananana:

Now before uninstalling the FALTU apps I will take a Titanium backup. And I am following this guide, if anyone's interested: How To Use Titanium Backup For Android [Complete Guide]

Man... I feel so relieved now!! Thanks Sam! :)

don't uninstall apps & all. instead install custom recovery & make a nandroid backup. i have done this uninstalletion thing once & mobile began lagging a bit. so once nandroid backup is done, in case of any emergency (that requires taking mobile to service center) just restore nandroid backup & all those faltu apps will be back :smile:

:facepalm: you are taking help of a guide just to uninstall apps? well when i rooted & installed custom recovery i needed to type 5-6 big LOC using terminal after placing 2 files in root of memory card. absolutely nothing was provided if i need to unzip the file, or place it in a folder. i was so tensed as whats gonna happen.

anyway its good to have your doubts cleared. it doesn't takes much effort to brick your mobile or break the recovery image file.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
No I was taking help to get to know all the features of Titanium backup.. anyway, you didn't think I was going to take even a slightest chance of bricking my baby, did you?

Well, technically I did take a chance while rooting the device. :oops:

So, I will also take a Nandroid backup along with Titanium backup. And I am sorry that you had to take such risk while you were trying to install custom recovery. But I am getting advantage of not being the first one to try it... :p
That's it! :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
No I was taking help to get to know all the features of Titanium backup.. anyway, you didn't think I was going to take even a slightest chance of bricking my baby, did you?

Well, technically I did take a chance while rooting the device. :oops:

So, I will also take a Nandroid backup along with Titanium backup. And I am sorry that you had to take such risk while you were trying to install custom recovery. But I am getting advantage of not being the first one to try it... :p
That's it! :)

no other alternate was available. had to use terminal emulator or adb (had no idea how to set up adb). even clockwordmod didn't supported our mobile (i hate CWM. it almost bricked my mobile once :-x ). in that process read many many guides & almost whole P500 section in XDA.

well you can take backup using titanium backup but first backup using recovery. and if possible, flash a different recovery after using CWW. use amonra or TWRP. once i tried taking nandroid backup using CMW. & recovery image (or something similar broke). fast boot started & mobile just won't go past LG logo. this happened a second time after flashing a rom using CWM. altogether dumped CWM.

chandrudme

Journeyman
You flashed right kernel. O2 v2 is .35 tree kernel based ROM.

So did it finally boot to O2 or not??

Otherwise you can try flashing the kernel again.

If it's black screen bug that you are talking about, then use Live Wallpaper to get rid of it.

The problem is phone was not booting.. Juz only a black screen.. I reflashed O2 gain in recovery and phone started working.. but the battery last oly 6 hrs.. :( thinking of switching back to O2 V1.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
keep using the rom for 2-3 days. wipe battery & calibrate if necessary. but some have already complained about bad battery backup whereas some are getting more than a days backup.

chandrudme

Journeyman
keep using the rom for 2-3 days. wipe battery & calibrate if necessary. but some have already complained about bad battery backup whereas some are getting more than a days backup.

more than a day?? i think they keep the mob switched off :)
anyway i'll continue it till this weekend..

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
After calibrating / wiping battery stats it discharges faster. And gradually it starts giving you good backup..!!

Anyway, I don't like .35 Kernel Tree :p

BOOM!!

CM7 Approved LG Optimus One P500..!! :D

Gerrit Code Review

First official nightly build : CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

Congratulations to all P500 users..!! :D

Top Bottom