the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Chinmay91

Insomniac
I just formatted and reinstalled Windows, and I'm having a little trouble with drivers. I have everything except Bluetooth and Wifi working.

Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support

Here, they've listed 3 different drivers for wifi and 3 for bluetooth. Which one am I supposed to use? 6121tx.

Also, which software do I need to install for enabling that brightness control and BEATS volume control popup?

The Wi-fi driver you should install is: Ralink RT5390 802.11 b/g/n Wi-fi adapter
The bluetooth driver you should install is: Ralink Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter

cyanide911

Broken In
The Wi-fi driver you should install is: Ralink RT5390 802.11 b/g/n Wi-fi adapter
The bluetooth driver you should install is: Ralink Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter

Hmmm yeah I tried the Ralink driver. It went through the usual process of first extracting into C:/SWsetup and running the actual setup from there. But when it opens the actual setup, I see a command prompt screen for half a second. Then nothing happens, I suppose it crashes.

I can't understand what to do now, I really need WiFi. I've tried to run it in compatibility mode, I've tried to redownload the driver. I tried to manually point windows to the folder in SWSetup that was created, but it found nothing...

Chinmay91

Insomniac
Hmmm yeah I tried the Ralink driver. It went through the usual process of first extracting into C:/SWsetup and running the actual setup from there. But when it opens the actual setup, I see a command prompt screen for half a second. Then nothing happens, I suppose it crashes.

I can't understand what to do now, I really need WiFi. I've tried to run it in compatibility mode, I've tried to redownload the driver. I tried to manually point windows to the folder in SWSetup that was created, but it found nothing...

Dude, have you installed Windows 8 or Windows 7? Coz there are known driver compatibility issues with Windows 8.

apurvcn

Broken In
Bluetooth is working fine for me in 6121tx running on windows 8. I installed the driver from Bluetooth Software Download | Broadcom . It takes a lot of time (almost an hour) to install, but in the end it works fine. Hope this helps other win 8 users as well.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,I'm having some software related issues with my dv6...
1.Can coolsense be installed as a stand alone software.I installed latest version of SUpport Assistant and Coolsense stopped working.
2.In fixed mode,and post Catalyst 12.6,I have tried every driver from AMD.And every single one has low brightness problem in discrete graphics mode.By low brightness issue,I mean that brightness is stuck at lowest,and only way to solve it is to switch graphics,and its really irritating.

These two issues are preventing me to fully enjoy my PC....Please help

Prongs298

In the zone
Download and install dell quick set app from your laptop driver page, now open windows mobility center, it'll have the desktop charge mode and longevity mode option, in my laptop I can just press a dedicated button on the laptop to open this.

Use desktop charge mode from windows mobility center, also turn on battery longevity mode.

An example of what it looks after you install dell quick set

Mine has extra options for battery, will post a pic tomorrow, net connection is completely fu(cked up atm.

Update:

Here's what mine looks like:

*i.imgur.com/6TItwo1.jpg

PS: Aero is turned of due to auto battery saver setting which can be configured from those dell battery options, I chose this settings to maximize battery life after a single charge.

Longevity mode is used when charging the laptop after say 50-60% discharge and on a non regular cycle, desktop mode is used for continuous charge.

Well, now your search ends :p

Longevity mode blocks charging upto 80%, desktop mode does the same upto 60%.

read this here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/158133-dell-inspiron-14r-15r-17r-turbo-laptop-thread-95.html#post1863542

is there something like this available for our laptops. i mean the dv6. i got mine in October 2011and the battery wear level is still at 8%. but i think this will help.

shivesh.kumar03

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

Need your help i am having HP DV6-6165tx and i am having problem with my base enclosure it is having crack. 2 months back i seen a crack near by the subwoofer. And i tried to fix that but the plastic was so cheap that it got worse so i used (M Seal) industrial grade epoxy compound to make the exact design to cover that broken plastic and hide that with colourful tape. But now again i am having one more crack near by the DVD drive. I am the only person who is using the laptop and let me assure that the laptop never fell or hit to something that will cause this breakage.Now i am not sure whether i should call HP for the replacement or not cause they might cover this in physical breakage but as i already told this is not physical breakage.So want to ask what should i do and feeling that why i bought this laptop i would have gone for dell. :(

original (1).jpgoriginal.jpg

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@SHivesh
Bro,you've greatly messed up your laptop near the speakers.
However I do admit that there is a design flaw near the dvd writer drive that the crack has appeared.On my laptop alone,I have changed the base enclosure 3 times.However I changed when the crack was fine,and hence hp could not detect it.The plastic there is so fine and soft that it is bound to get cracked even if you mishandle it a little.That is a design flaw,though hp wont admit it.:cry:

velociraptor

Broken In
hello friends i am having problem with gpu switching in windows 8 ..the problem is that whenever i open gpu switching wizard and click on the high performance gpu tab nothing happens ...switching is done 1 out of 50 times ..i am not able to play games ..and i tried fresh installing it ..it worked for few days ..but now the problem is back

shivesh.kumar03

Right off the assembly line
hello friends i am having problem with gpu switching in windows 8 ..the problem is that whenever i open gpu switching wizard and click on the high performance gpu tab nothing happens ...switching is done 1 out of 50 times ..i am not able to play games ..and i tried fresh installing it ..it worked for few days ..but now the problem is back

@Velociraptor,

Hey i had the same problem tried 2-3 drivers but issue was not resolved.Then i tried Leshcat

And it is working fine now.Hope this will resolve your problem.

samudragupta

Youngling
Hi All,

Need your help i am having HP DV6-6165tx and i am having problem with my base enclosure it is having crack. 2 months back i seen a crack near by the subwoofer. And i tried to fix that but the plastic was so cheap that it got worse so i used (M Seal) industrial grade epoxy compound to make the exact design to cover that broken plastic and hide that with colourful tape. But now again i am having one more crack near by the DVD drive. I am the only person who is using the laptop and let me assure that the laptop never fell or hit to something that will cause this breakage.Now i am not sure whether i should call HP for the replacement or not cause they might cover this in physical breakage but as i already told this is not physical breakage.So want to ask what should i do and feeling that why i bought this laptop i would have gone for dell. :(

View attachment 10062View attachment 10063
similar crack here as well

saurav_wow

Broken In
@Shivesk.kumar03
@samudragupta

I had similar cracks near the front speakers. HP replaced my Laptop's base enclosure under Accidental Damage protection.

samudragupta

Youngling
@Shivesk.kumar03
@samudragupta

I had similar cracks near the front speakers. HP replaced my Laptop's base enclosure under Accidental Damage protection.
unfortunately my laptops cracked occurred after the 1 yrs warranty. now the extended warranty does not cover accidental damage.

Prongs298

In the zone
mine is still fine. these areas of the dv4 and dv6 are not very well built, esp. around the dvd drive area. my friends dv4 silver thing is faded. it looks bad. mine is still fine.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,I need a help.
I noticed an issue which did nt went even after overclocking.
In my laptop,6770m is default clocked at 725/800 for Core/Memory clock.However even after playing the most demanding of games like far cry 3,battlefield 3,crysis 3 etc,GPU Z showed 725/200 as the maxm frequency.
I overclocked it to 850/950...The memory frequency maxm was still stuck at 256.5MHz.
Is there something wrong with my laptop??

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/2604/ssm.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/833/332nw.jpg
*imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/811/123ys.jpg

Also,please have a look on my HDD's Temp.....Are they normal??

I also request other dv6 6000/6100 owners to kindly post their GPU-Z Snapshot of the info(first) tab....Please....!!!!

Last edited:

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In
Guys which version of CCC are you using...is it possible to upgrade it to v13.5? Also are there any new graphic driver updates available through HP/Windows update or any other compatible drivers through AMD? (Ofcourse other than an year old drivers found on HP Support and Downloads page)

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In

Try removing all amd stuff (graphics driver+ccc+other bundled packages) from your system and then re-installing everything......
follow this guide here

mayank_cr7

Broken In
Hello,

My laptop : dv 6121 tx.

When laptop boots up, it freezes on the desktop for around 5 minutes atleast. Then the error comes "Wireless information unavailable. The application will now close." (see screen shot)

After this error, the computer works just fine.
Please note, that my wifi and bluetooth are working fine.

But i want to fix this 5 min freeze on desktop after booting.

Please help.
:)

Attachments

• Wireless error.jpg
    Wireless error.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 85

Chinmay91

Insomniac
The DVD Writer errors have started again. Whenever i try to burn a DVD, the burn process is successful, but during the verification stage, hundreds of read sector errors crop up and Nero hangs forcing me to close the application. The DVD is corrupted. However, CDs are burned successfully and verified.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive from Device Manager
I have also tried installing the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers
Of course, I have tried to write many DVDs but unfortunately, in every DVD Data Verification fails due to too many errors. The DVDs cannot be read in other computers too.
Should I get my DVD Drive replaced? I have extended warranty.
P.S. The drive reads other discs fine. Only that it doesn't write properly

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^ I have answered this somewhere on this thread. Its got nothing to do witht he hardware. Reinstall Intel RST drivers. If that doesnt fix it, then its an OS reinstall. You might change the drive, but that wont help much.

Top Bottom