the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Install the Intel RST drivers. Or reinstall them. If that doesnt work then I guess its an OS re-install. I have faced the exact same problem on my dv4 some 5-6 months ago. I re-installed the OS.

If re-installing the drivers, allow a re-boot between each of un-installing and re-installing process. And also uninstall any CD?DVD writing programs prior to the driver re-install. Again re-boot once between this and uninstalling the driver.

rider

as Kratos
I am having issues with my CD/DVD Writer. There are no problems while reading a disc from the drive, but writing files onto a CD/DVD creates bad sectors in the disc. I have used several programs such as ImgBurn, PowerISO, Nero Burning ROM 12, Native CD Burning etc. But, nearly all of them display this error "I/O Device Error".
The burn process completes successfully but the CD/DVD becomes unreadable i.e. the Verification phase fails and the above error is displayed. I have tried several discs and all discs have now become corrupt.
My DVDRW Drive is : hp CDDVDW TS-L633J. I have checked for firmware updates, but there seem to be none.
Please suggest some solutions.
TIA.

What a co-incidence I've the same problem. I think it's an hardware error so get a portable DVD writer.

I bought a new portable DVD writer now it works fine. Can anybody tell me how to remove laptop's DVD-ROM from reading without detaching the cable from motherboard?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
What a co-incidence I've the same problem. I think it's an hardware error so get a portable DVD writer.

I bought a new portable DVD writer now it works fine. Can anybody tell me how to remove laptop's DVD-ROM from reading without detaching the cable from motherboard?

Why dont you try this ?? :-?

Install the Intel RST drivers. Or reinstall them. If that doesnt work then I guess its an OS re-install. I have faced the exact same problem on my dv4 some 5-6 months ago. I re-installed the OS.

If re-installing the drivers, allow a re-boot between each of un-installing and re-installing process. And also uninstall any CD?DVD writing programs prior to the driver re-install. Again re-boot once between this and uninstalling the driver.

nimish

Right off the assembly line
Same here. But in my laptop railink chip has been replaced with broadcom 2070 bluetooth/wifi. Not able to access bluetooth. Tried everything, not able to run.

Hey bro could you please elaborate how to replace the ralink chip with the broadcom one???
is it totally compatible??
can i get hp to get this part replaced???
if yes then how????

rider

as Kratos
Hey bro could you please elaborate how to replace the ralink chip with the broadcom one???
is it totally compatible??
can i get hp to get this part replaced???
if yes then how????

I didnt replace by myself. I complain hp cc that my railink bluetooth is not working in windows 7 so they send me broadcom chip for the replacement. It worked fine until I upgrading to windows 8 pro. It is not able to access bluetooth even I install the correct new windows 8 drivers for this. BTW bluetooth works fine in my ubuntu 12.10 but not windows 8. :?

Why dont you try this ?? :-?

Reinstalled the latest rapid share software. Scanned whole computer with kaspersky internet security 2013. I don't have any time to fix by reinstalling the whole OS. I got my DVD writer today and tried to burn some DVDs but still the same issue it fails in some sectors of verifying. :(

Chinmay91

Insomniac

Your solution has worked for me, buddy! :lol:
Thanks a lot. I didn't have to reinstall Windows. I just installed the latest version of Intel RST.

Chinmay91

Insomniac
link please.

Here is the link for Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver:
Released: 2011-11-18
Version: 10.6.0.1002
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

*ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55101.exe

rider

as Kratos
Here is the link for Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver:
Released: 2011-11-18
Version: 10.6.0.1002
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

*ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55101.exe

This one is older. My notebook has windows 8 pro 64 bit.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
What is the latest stable ccc release? is 12.10 stable ? How can i install it , should i over run it or perform a clean install by removing the present version ( it is the default ccc). Actually i was having some glitching problem while playing COD:MW3 in medium settings ( But HITMAN Abso;ution worked well and in fraps it was showing more than 30 fps at medium settings) , I think DV6-6165tx is capable to run CRYSIS 3 beta or Max payne 3 at playable fps,but i don't know what things are required to be updated to run Battlefield 3 or Max Payne 3 , Has anyone played these games if yes @what fps ? Please help me.This is the present screenshot of ccc Capture.JPG

Last edited:

tusharkeshri

Broken In
What is the latest stable ccc release? is 12.10 stable ? How can i install it , should i over run it or perform a clean install by removing the present version ( it is the default ccc). Actually i was having some glitching problem while playing COD:MW3 in medium settings ( But HITMAN Abso;ution worked well and in fraps it was showing more than 30 fps at medium settings) , I think DV6-6165tx is capable to run CRYSIS 3 beta or Max payne 3 at playable fps,but i don't know what things are required to be updated to run Battlefield 3 or Max Payne 3 , Has anyone played these games if yes @what fps ? Please help me.This is the present screenshot of cccView attachment 8854

i did update my default CCC to 12.10 and then to 13.10 beta and i didn't noticed anything new or something like that , i had done updating over the previous version which comes default in AMD Raedon 6770M.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
i did update my default CCC to 12.10 and then to 13.10 beta and i didn't noticed anything new or something like that , i had done updating over the previous version which comes default in AMD Raedon 6770M.
How did you updated as in my case its saying hardware not compatible when i ran verification tool

harikt

Broken In
What is the latest stable ccc release? is 12.10 stable ? View attachment 8854
The installation is a bit tricky but I've got 12.11 Leshcat UnifL Enduro drivers working properly.
You might be able to get 13.1 working as well. But I got a couple of Blue Screens during this install, so I played it safe.
If you're feeling adventurous, try the Leshcat UnifL 13.2 Beta 5 drivers instead.

cyanide911

Broken In
I just formatted and reinstalled Windows, and I'm having a little trouble with drivers. I have everything except Bluetooth and Wifi working.

Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support

Here, they've listed 3 different drivers for wifi and 3 for bluetooth. Which one am I supposed to use? 6121tx.

Also, which software do I need to install for enabling that brightness control and BEATS volume control popup?

Top Bottom