the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
^Already updated them

On another note, the wifi drivers I posted are much better than previous ones. If you are experiencing drop in wifi signal, you should try them.

Offtopic *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/165673-quick-review-coolermaster-notepal-l1-vfm-cooling-pad.html for enyone looking for a <1k cooling pad

rider

as Kratos
^Already updated them

On another note, the wifi drivers I posted are much better than previous ones. If you are experiencing drop in wifi signal, you should try them.

Offtopic *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/165673-quick-review-coolermaster-notepal-l1-vfm-cooling-pad.html for enyone looking for a <1k cooling pad

Thanks but you posted of railink but mine is of broadcom.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
After a month of expiring my warranty, my 6121tx's Hard Disk is breathing it's last.. Regretting about not extending warranty. Damn it HP! :sad:

:shock: you might be on the edge of getting extended warranty. As per the terms you can extend your warranty in 13 months of purchase.

Unfortunately, my warranty expired on Sep -16. I had one more month, i.e, till Oct 16 to extend it. My HDD went kaput after 20th oct.
As if that wasn't enough, my laptop isn't starting at all. I was copying some stuff of the dying HDD when the system froze and shut down. I took off the HDD, RAM, battery, mobo battery, everything..
Still doesn't start. Even the charging LED isn't turning on.

I guess, this is it.. the death of my beloved 6121tx... :cry:
Mobo replacement is going to burn a crater in my pocket.. :(

To, all who haven't extended your HP laptop warranty, it's high time you do so, if you are eligible for it.

rider

as Kratos
Unfortunately, my warranty expired on Sep -16. I had one more month, i.e, till Oct 16 to extend it. My HDD went kaput after 20th oct.
As if that wasn't enough, my laptop isn't starting at all. I was copying some stuff of the dying HDD when the system froze and shut down. I took off the HDD, RAM, battery, mobo battery, everything..
Still doesn't start. Even the charging LED isn't turning on.

I guess, this is it.. the death of my beloved 6121tx... :cry:
Mobo replacement is going to burn a crater in my pocket.. :(

To, all who haven't extended your HP laptop warranty, it's high time you do so, if you are eligible for it.
unfortunate you :?
There might be problem in adapter that's why it is unable to bring out the electricity.
I suggest you to go to well known 3rd party service centre and spend some bucks to repair.

Hi Everyone,

I want to upgrade my HP 6121tx ram by 4gb. Could someone suggest me a good ram chip (considering proper compatiability) that I can buy from flipkart. Thanks.

saurav_wow

Broken In
REDINGTON SERVICE (KOLKATA) CUSTOMER SUPPORT (ONSITE) ( HP ADP CLAIM PROCESS)-- WORST..PURE HARRASMENT OF CUSTOMER.

I have a HP 6165tx laptop. The border frame (near the front right speaker) is broken in my laptop due to an minor accident.. I logged a warranty claim with HP customer support (call support) and they were happy to tell me that it is covered under HP Accidental Damage Protection plan, and it will be fixed under warranty onsite(I need not carry my laptop to service centre) and they provided me a case ID. (lets say Case ID 1)

(Case ID 1)
after atleast 2 days of waiting I received a call from Redington kolkata that the case ID 1 is assigned and they asked me to bring the laptop to the service centre. on telling them that I have onsite support, they said ADP process is complex, they needed to take some photos and documentation and insisted on me bringing the laptop to their service centre. I resisted and said if you need to take photograph, send in your representative to my house.. on that they said that they will be sending him in 2 days..but after a couple of days of waiting when no one came I called up the service centre and talked to their manager about the same.. he said he will look into the matter immediately.. however suddenly I received an email saying that the case ID 1 is closed reason being "Unable to contact customer, Mobile phone not reachable"

I immediately called up HP customer support and checked status and they said that case is closed due to above reason, I expressed my displeasure and asked them to create another case.(Case ID 2)

(Case ID 2)
this time I called the service center as soon as I received the case ID and asked them to send in their rep. citing Case ID 2. they said Case ID is not assigned yet, they will respond once the case ID is assigned. so after a couple of more days of waiting , I received a similar call asking me to bring in the laptop to the service centre, this time though I called their manager(conference call) and I warned them that I am recording this call and will report it to HP.
to that they immediately agreed to send their rep.

the rep. arrived the next day took the picture of the damaged section and gave me pink receipt kind of a thing to me and said that the entire laptop base will have to be replaced..and said that he will be forwarding this claim to HP for approval and went back.. i even asked him that is this the only formalities needed as I was told it is complex.. he said yes..and went away.
after another couple of days (almost the time of pujas) I received another call from Redington asking me to come over (to service centre) and sign some ADP related documents..on which i asked them to send their rep. again.. they said that if I dont come now.. it will be after pujas that they can send their rep..
so I said ok..
so after 7 more days another rep. came and i signed some ADP related documets and he went back. then next day I received another call saying that i have to provide the circumstances in which the laptop got damaged and aparently I didnot mention it on the ADP form, nor did the rep asked me to..
So he was sent again to my place where I again signed ADP documents this time mentioning the circumstance of damage. then he went back.

after a couple of hours he calls back and says he needed the copy of the invoice.. which I then scanned and emailed to him..yesterday..
after mailing the invoice he then calls back again and says that he needs the photo of the serial number located under the battery compartment, which I then emaild to him..

this is my story as of now.. hoping not to receive another call from Redington about some missing documents/information and that my claim is processed..

I AM NEVER PURCHASING FROM HP AGAIN, NOR WOULD I RECOMMEND ANYONE..

rider

as Kratos
@saurav_wow Why the hell they asked you to bring to service center if the warranty is in onsite? :shock: Major trouble is done by Redington kolkata in your case. Why the hell they ask you to bring your laptop at their service centre if the warranty is onsite. You should say no to them.
Once my laptop's charging adapter got burnt due to electrical hazard in my house. As many electrical components get fused or burnt in the house. I just called hp customer care and they arranged me the engineer and he done all the paper work and all work and all and bring me the adapter in three of days from Bangalore because the charger is of 120W.
Yes the process is little complicated but as I read in you post you faced it too complicated because of Redington. Hope you will get repaired soon. Also keep in mind what if you purchase of some other brand like asus or vaio you need to pay thousands of bucks for the part replacement. So companies like hp and dell are still better as they provide ADP for free.

Last edited:
Top Bottom