the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rider

as Kratos
Currently replaced with the HDD. Waiting for the caddy to arrive for the drive switching.

No. The back cover has no stickers, and you should be allowed to replace the components that you can from there. And you can always replace the HDD back if you want to, before calling the SVC guy.

From where you are getting caddy? Please share the link here I am also interested. And for how much you paid for Samsung 830 Series 128GB?

aniket.cain

Padawan
From where you are getting caddy? Please share the link here I am also interested. And for how much you paid for Samsung 830 Series 128GB?

Here is the link:

Wholesale New 12.7 mm SATA 2nd hard disk drive HDD Caddy bay for Samsung R560 ASS4 Laptop, Free shipping, $14.2-18.4/Piece | DHgate

My friend got the ssd from Korea for 6k.

rider

as Kratos
Here is the link:

Wholesale New 12.7 mm SATA 2nd hard disk drive HDD Caddy bay for Samsung R560 ASS4 Laptop, Free shipping, $14.2-18.4/Piece | DHgate

Do you get the caddy? How much it costs you in INR? Will it fit with any SSD brand and model into our dv6?

Last edited:

dreamaaj

Right off the assembly line
Here is a comparison between read/write speeds of my ssd and stock hdd [ I have been using the ssd /caddy combo for quite some time now , without any issues , at the cost of my optical drive]

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 110

Tintin.92

Broken In
Is there any other software that can be used for the fingerprint recognition-cum-password manager? The current one is really buggy.

saajan4

Broken In
Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

Have you used core-i7 in some other laptop? core-i7 processor doesn't mean that windows will run super lightning fast it means your laptop can handle bigger task in less time. The speed is also depend on disk speed and OS. Your laptop has 5400rpm HDD that is average. I suggest you to plug a SSD for C drive if you care about windows speed.

bro! what is SSD? i dont know.. plz tell me in detail! where can i find it and how much does it costs???

Prongs298

In the zone
Hello everyone!

I finally got my SSD yesterday. A Samsung 830 Series 128GB. Installed it right away in my 6121TX and the system is now blazing fast!

Here is a result from Crystal Mark:
View attachment 6986

Beats Audio is a gimmick. You are better off with the default windows audio drivers. For HP Coolsense, you have to install HP Assistant first.

come on man. i dont wanna go offtopic but if properly configured that BEATS audio thing has made me discard anything else that i used to play music in. Its amazing. just try it and tweak the settings. What do other users have to say? please, rider and prashant, what do you say?

rider

as Kratos
come on man. i dont wanna go offtopic but if properly configured that BEATS audio thing has made me discard anything else that i used to play music in. Its amazing. just try it and tweak the settings. What do other users have to say? please, rider and prashant, what do you say?

Beats audio is not completely gimmick. It really enriches the sound quality for me. If its gimmick why people are spending lots of money on beats headphones, htc phones and hp laptops?

aniket.cain

Padawan
Well, there are 2 kinds of people:
1. Who like neutral sound.
2. Who like to pimp their sound with all the available embellishments.

I fall into the first category. There is no right or wrong, just preference.
Get a good pair of cans, and you will know how your precious Beats audio screws up the sound.
And please, don't mention Beats headphones. Try a few pairs before passing the judgement.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Can someone help me in installing Window 8 on 6121tx? I tried installing, but failed since the current Windows 7 installation that came with the laptop is in UEFI mode. Is there a way I can change the BIOS to Legacy mode so I can dual boot Windows 8 with Ubuntu?

Tech Fetish

Right off the assembly line
Re: the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread BACKLIT KEYBOARD FOR 6121TX

Backlit Keyboard for DV6 - 6121TX

can anybody let me knw whether this BACKLIT KEYBOARD fits for DV6 6121TX looks exactly the same...

ty

rider

as Kratos
Re: the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread BACKLIT KEYBOARD FOR 6121TX

Backlit Keyboard for DV6 - 6121TX

can anybody let me knw whether this BACKLIT KEYBOARD fits for DV6 6121TX looks exactly the same...

ty

I don't think it will fit in your dv6. It is a keyboard for 17" dv7 laptop. Search for dv6 laptop and share with us here.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
New drivers for 6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx, 6165tx and other models with similar specs​

Intel Chipset Device Software
Version 9.3.0.1021
Download

Intel Rapid Storage Technology
Version 11.6.0.1030
Download

Intel Management Engine Interface
Version 8.1.0.1281
Download

Ralink WiFi Adapter
Version 5.0.2.0
Download

AMD Radeon HD Graphics (6490M/6770M/7470M/7690M )
Version : Probably Catalyst 12.4 based
Download

For Windows 8
If you have Win8 and already installed drivers from HP/AMD and you have trouble switching graphics... you are doomed. You may try this method but 90% chances are that it will not work. This however will work like a charm on fresh Win8 install

1. Install this from HP (required from switching) >> Download ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58788.exe
2. Install latest drivers from AMD >> Download *www2.ati.com/Drivers/mobile/12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe

Switching will work like a charm. Much faster than Win8

IDT High Definition Audio Codec
Version 6.10.6418.0
Download

Realtek Card Reader
Version 6.2.8400.2812
Download (external)

Download the drivers for "PCIE RTS5208/RTS5209/RTL8401 card reader driver for XP/Win7/Win8" in third row

Realtek PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Family Controller
Windows 7 Version 7.061
Windows 8 Version 8.003
Download

Realtek does not allow hotlinking. Use version number to install correct version for your OS

Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller
Version 2.1.28.1
Download

HP Quick Launch Software
Version 2.7.2
Download

Ralink / Motorola Bluetooth + High-Speed Adapter

Version 3.0.43.307
Download

Synaptics TouchPad
Version 16.2.3.0
Download

Validity Fingerprint Reader
Version 4.3.3.4.0
Download

HP SimplePass Software by Authentec
Version 6
Download

HP Support Assistant for Win7/8
Download

Credits

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^ have you installed beats driver successfully??Because,in my 6121tx,it isn't working.....no sound is there,although,the driver showed successful installation.

Here is the link:

Mind sharing the per unit cost for the caddy and the difficulty involved???I would also like to see the final look of laptop,if its ok with you,please??

Last edited:

iamshaazz

Broken In
Hey guys, A 6165tx user here,
Can anybody tell me how to enable efi boot mode?. I was planning to install Windows 8 in UEFI mode. But when i checked the BIOS there is no option to boot in EFI mode.
Did HP disabled that option? I think most of the boards these days will have EFI option right?

rider

as Kratos
Hey guys, A 6165tx user here,
Can anybody tell me how to enable efi boot mode?. I was planning to install Windows 8 in UEFI mode. But when i checked the BIOS there is no option to boot in EFI mode.
Did HP disabled that option? I think most of the boards these days will have EFI option right?

What is EFI mode? And how you much windows 8 costs to you? Have you purchased your dv6 before 2 june?

Top Bottom