the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rider

as Kratos
No bargaining....I paid Rs.8299 Net for 4 years complete cover,which includes accidental as well.Only Battery and Charger is not covered.
Yesterday I had a detailed talk with the officials,he said that neither hp nor dell gives direct service...Its sysnet/intarvo(redington) for hp and Wipro for Dell....So no matter what you take,you will be dealt similarly.

I purchased my laptop 11 months ago. Intarvo said you can not extend your warranty more than one year from now. They are charging me Rs. 5056 (included taxes) for onsite warranty with no accidental cover plus battery and charger are not covered. :(

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
thats y i had told you to get it done within 90 days of purchase.anyways,you may call 01203959840 .The chaps name is ashish...he helped one of my friend to extend his warranty for 2 yrs by taking an approval...he's really helpful and tell him that you didnt know about 90 days limit.he might do something.

and i forgot to add,my friend had completed 8 mnths of his laptop.

saajan4

Broken In
guys i have deleted hp support assistance and now my 6165tx is working fast...now how can i access hp coolsense???? i really need it!

Aashrey99

The Prophet
Ok, so I've been following this thread for some time and I've learnt a lot from it! KUDOS to everyone.

BTW before I start describing the main issue, I would like to ask something else. My laptop has a 6 monthly issue in which the laptop fan starts making noise. It starts rattling, but otherwise works just fine. Is anyone here facing a similar issue? I've got the fan replaced twice till now and yet it happens after roughly six months. I don't know if the issue is because of dust or something else. Any help would be appreciated.

It's been 8 months since the second fan replacement and now I've got a problem that I can't comprehend. About 4 days back my DV6 6121tx's cooling fan started malfunctioning (there was a really mild rattling sound, not as loud as the last two times and the fan was noticeably slower while I would game). I used to get error 90B or something like that when I booted up. My system started over heating while on high performance mode on normal load. So I called HP customer care and they sent a technician to resolve the issue. Over the next 2 days I observed the issue. The fan error was erratic, sometimes it would show other times my system would boot just fine. Anyways, I noticed that my fan did not speed up when my notebook got heated up. There was no noticeable airflow through the main vent (just very light airflow, much lesser than normal). So when the HP guy came I described all that to him.

He checked the fan and told me that he would order a replacement. He also applied the themal paste to the GPU and CPU.

Today, I find out that a friend of mine has the same problem with his fan (doesn't speed up, random fan errors on boot, etc) but his notebook doesn't heat up like crazy on normal load, he even games on it with acceptable temperatures. This got me thinking that it could be a problem with the main heatsink. In any case, is there any way to verify that the problem is with the heatsink and not the fan?

My system temps BEFORE THE ISSUE: Normal : 35-40c, ON LOAD: 75-80c
My system temps AFTER THE ISSUE: Normal : 80-90c, ON LOAD: I really don't want to find out..... :/

I really have no clue of what's going on.

vishu22

Broken In
guyz plzz help ! , i had updated d hp support assistant tommorow - now my hpsa ver. is - 7.0.39.15 , bt when it was installing -> coolsense automatically gets deleted , now i can't run coolsense on my lappy ! it gave me some error dats some files hav been moved or deleted when i click on d coolsense icon !! & 1 more thing i hav also tried to install coolsense 2.0 bt it also didn't install !! is coolsense 2.0 compatible wid 6121tx ??

rohit3221

Broken In
Hi guys, I have a 6121tx model.
I recently purchased and installed Windows 8.
I installed the drivers from this site : [Drivers] HP dv6-4XXX / dv6-6XXX / dv7-5XXX / dv7-6XXX / ENVY 14-2XXX / ENVY 17-2XXX (INTEL)
Everything is working - Wifi, lan, gfx switching, hp support assistant, camera, touchpad, coolsense etc
But BLUETOOTH isn't working since I couldn't find its drivers for Windows 8 OS.
Did anyone manage to use Bluetooth on win 8 then please share. :)

sachin99

Broken In
@Rohit i too own the same model ...bluetooth is working fine in win8...switch on the bluetooth hardware..i mean f12..then goto device manager and update driver by rt clicking on Bluetooth...

wayneroonsy

Right off the assembly line
I recommend you to clean up your laptop with some vacuum pump or air blower. Reapply thermal grease with Deepcool Z5. For drivers use catalyst 12.6 it is the most stable.

Catalyst 12.6 ? it seems to be a very old driver...and not one for HD6000M switchable graphics..

I quite frankly dunno how to open my laptop up. So would just blowing it from outside work ?

soumyaxyz

Broken In
i'm getting a
"one of the fans not working... recommended not to operate....press enter to continue anyway...error (902)"
on pressing power button.
the computer is working ok otherwise

any suggestions on what to do?

rider

as Kratos
Catalyst 12.6 ? it seems to be a very old driver...and not one for HD6000M switchable graphics..

I quite frankly dunno how to open my laptop up. So would just blowing it from outside work ?

If you know everything.. why do you ask? Catalyst 12.6 is more stable than all other new drivers and its completely switchable with intel GPU.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Hello Everyone , I feel like cheated from HP and to confirm it and to register a complain in Consumer court I need some help from you. I have purchased HP dv6-6165tx on 10th of July 2012 and applied for two year Warranty Extension . After one month and Paying Rs. 6360 i got only one year warranty from HP and they are saying that after completion of one year the next year warranty will be shown in site . How it could be possible I mean in online warranty status it is showing one year extended warranty and in my certificate as well its showing 1year warranty , but those people are not understanding . And one more thing , the default warranty also starts in DEC 2011 and ending in FEb 2013 which is wrong, I have purchased my laptop on 10th July 2012. So i should get one year default warranty i.e. till JULY 2013. I am in trouble and after so many calls to Intarvo Technologies they are not listening till now. :( Even in MY certificate as well they have done mistakes ( They have written my purchase date 10/17/2012 instead of 10/07/2012). Please help me.I have done full payment to Intarvo and now they are doing like this. Has any HP user faced similar issue or anyone applied for 2 year extension , please help me.

Last edited:

Chinmay91

Insomniac
Hello. I am using a dv6-6121tx laptop. I am experiencing stuttering during gameplay while playing GTA IV and NFS:Most Wanted 2012. I planned to update my graphics driver and visited the amd official website and they asked me to download a Driver verification tool which upon running said "Incompatible graphics adapter".
Also, the catalyst center Software information is as shown below( Is this Catalyst 12.6? How do you determine the Catalyst Suite version?)
Driver Packaging Version 8.882.2.3-110930a-126477C-HP
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1178
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet002/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001
Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0855
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.11013
Catalyst Control Center Version 2011.0930.2209.37895

This is the updated driver from the HP site: sp55092.exe .
Please help me resolve the gameplay issue and tell me about the latest update available and where to download it. TIA

Top Bottom