the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
it okay, BTW you didn't burn the recovery dvds?
I Burned But I want Seaprate Windows 7 ( Original CD)( for Formatting C drive) , with recovery cd , i can not Format C drive , i must needs to format whole pc , that why i ordered it ( Windows 7 CD + Separate CD for HP Softwares )

sasha007

Broken In
All of you guys talking about samsung laptops can discuss here.

why not? whats the problem in 650M? They launched powerful laptops with 6770M 2GB DDR5 model last year that sold like hot cakes. Do you think they will compete with GPU like GT 630M if they want to stay in market? Hp india generally don't give any source before launching, they just bang and launch.

Oh! k . I was gonna buy dv6 with 650 m from the US anyway , but was happy hearing the news of a 650m equipped version launching in India , since that way my US bought laptop (especially the 650M) would be covered under warranty here as well ...

Just hope they do actually release the 650M version here .

BTW are there any 15.6" laptops in India currently that have a 650M 2GB GDDR5 and a 1920x1080p screen .?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
call this direct number " 18004254999. I just got mine with accidental warranty for 6300/-

Can you please confirm about the accidental thing??Because Rs.6300 was just for 2yrs Hardware warranty extension(you get a total of 3 yr warranty+1st year ADP) as far as I know.
Have a look here:-
*h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/wc/home?ac.admitted=1341595029529.876444892.492883150

I Burned But I want Seaprate Windows 7 ( Original CD)( for Formatting C drive) , with recovery cd , i can not Format C drive , i must needs to format whole pc , that why i ordered it ( Windows 7 CD + Separate CD for HP Softwares )

Last year I got these DVDs from hp..It was delivered free of cost.No courier charges.2 were of Win 7,while one was of drivers and apps.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Just download a copy of same OS from microsoft, burn it, and install it using the key printed at back of your laptop. Simple, no need to waste 300/- :).

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
cALL 1800112267,tell them that the recovery discs u created are having some error.But your lappy should be within 90days software warranty to receive them free of cost.

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Hello everyone. Came here after a long time.:)

I'm little bit fed up with this laptop, really. Motherboard replaced, RAM replaced, Cooling Fan replaced(just a week ago). Battery backup is too low(In the first month I used to get more than 4 hours backup:-(). Now the battery giving me 2hrs max as backup. This two months, I'm just using this laptop for surfing net and playing music(busy@work), but still the laptop gets too hot. I told HP about the battery issue, but since HP Support Assistant - Battery Check giving "Status OK" message, they told me they can not replace the battery.

The max charge stays at 99.99% in Battery Bar. I calibrate the battery 0%-100% per week(or in 2-weeks sometimes).

What should I do? Any suggestions? My purchase invoice date is 1st March 2012
I'm attaching a screenshot here.
*www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/qaomx.jpg
"LED" was a marketing gimmick. :cool:DV6-6165tx has back-lit LED with glossy,problematic-Viewing angle LCD(wow, really?)

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@d3b
Try Calibrating your battery.For heating issue,put your laptop inHp Recommended Power mode and coolsense in coolest mode.Also consider reapplying fresh aftermarket TIM.

rider

as Kratos
Same is my problem regarding battery to is now 2hrs, they said battery life one cell = 15 min so 6 cells will give you minimally one and half hours.
Your battery is okay as per that hp support assistance and their is no way to replace battery because it doesnt come in damage cover, i cant even break and change.
They said to calibrate battery and email. But who do this stupid work.

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
Just download a copy of same OS from microsoft, burn it, and install it using the key printed at back of your laptop. Simple, no need to waste 300/- :).

But What About HP Softwares ?? ( On webisite , We can download SOftwares But All OutDated Now and After Installing again we needs to Update it)
So what You Thinks ?? Is 300 is waste ?? SHould i Cancle Order... ( when courior comapny call back me)

cALL 1800112267,tell them that the recovery discs u created are having some error.But your lappy should be within 90days software warranty to receive them free of cost.
Or Can order at HP Chat Support Too...

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
But What About HP Softwares ?? ( On webisite , We can download SOftwares But All OutDated Now and After Installing again we needs to Update it)
So what You Thinks ?? Is 300 is waste ?? SHould i Cancle Order... ( when courior comapny call back me)

Or Can order at HP Chat Support Too...

Bro,I again repeat,I got those discs for free from hp.I also got a receipt in which it was clearly written"No amnt to be charged from customer".Kindly recheck with hp;u need not pay any courier charges as well.

Top Bottom