the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

samudragupta

Youngling
yes, it is but our dv6 laptop doesn't heat that much, that it can fry the mobo. They are better build for it hp guarantees for it, I use it rough and tough never switch off and sometimes play 8-10 hours games.

It can happen in dell xps 15 where processor reaches 98*C.
are you a student or working professional... i mean why would you leave your lappy on the entire day??

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
Now I Sets "Fixed Mode " from BIOS But still No Software Detects AMD GC with its correct Model Number ( ONly CPU-Z detect AMD 6700 Series )
Is There any Problem ( In Future) By Continousaly using in Fixed Mode ??( Like Heating , Battery Power etc. )

Now I Sets "Fixed Mode " from BIOS But still No Software Detects AMD GC with its correct Model Number ( ONly CPU-Z detect AMD 6700 Series )
Is There any Problem ( In Future) By Continousaly using in Fixed Mode ??( Like Heating , Battery Power etc. )

No. But you should use power saving when u are not gaming..
And u must have wrongs drivers that why all the softwares are detecting 6700Series..
it should detect 6770m.. :cool:

sarthak

In the zone
No. But you should use power saving when u are not gaming..
And u must have wrongs drivers that why all the softwares are detecting 6700Series..
it should detect 6770m.. :cool:

Its showing 6700m series with me too..................after installing CCC 12.6. Is that a problem ? Games are still working fine.

*i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n542/prongs298/coolsense.png

why does it show performance optimised mode even when i have selected coolest mode?

Mine also shows the same. But the temperature is much lower than in performance mode, so it must be working in coolest mode only even though its showing performance there.

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
Mine also shows the same. But the temperature is much lower than in performance mode, so it must be working in coolest mode only even though its showing performance there.

But Mines Shows Correctly for "Coolest Mode" !!*img18.imageshack.us/img18/3847/snap1cd.png

rider

as Kratos
Its showing 6700m series with me too..................after installing CCC 12.6. Is that a problem ? Games are still working fine.

first update your coolsense software, it seems old version because it has hand logo on the top.

Go to Hp support Assistant, click on question mark icon, then click on check for software updates.
Don't go deep inside, if it is showing 6700m series, if games are working fine.. leave it.

rider

as Kratos
Serviced my laptop, clean all the dust and changed my thermal paste with ShinEtsu MicroSi thermal paste.

samudragupta

Youngling
Serviced my laptop, clean all the dust and changed my thermal paste with ShinEtsu MicroSi thermal paste.
you got another brand thermal paste??? please let us know the after effects and performance of the lappy... and did the technician agree to apply the thermal you got??

rider

as Kratos
Thats quite a nice TIM bro..Can u please give A link from where you got it??
You serviced it yourself??How dusty was it??

No, I called hp engineer for the service, he had that thermal paste so all happen for free. :-D
It was not much dusty that I expected, I rarely carry laptop outside.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Dunno, it was almost dried up on top cover, but still some sticky on processor.

Now, CPU hardly reaches 50*C.

*img821.imageshack.us/img821/7190/dssds.png

Top Bottom