the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

sarthak

In the zone
guys as the temps are going down i decided to overclock the beast (but the exact reason was the arrival of gt 650m in the new laptops). now what i have is a 800/900 (core/mem) at max temps of 89 'C. i know its safe but was reading something about undervolting and overvolting the 6750 and 6770 in notebookreview forums and also some mac forum. can someone guide me in undervolting but still running at reasonable speeds? will it decrease the temps when the 6770m is not oc'ed and running below the default 725/850 ?

Its the processor thats mostly responsible for temperature, so under/over-volting GPU won't affect it that much.

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
Tell this to your dearler from where you purchased warranty. i think he didn't updated or may be cheated you.
Ok , so I Should Go to Dealer SHop For Getting Standard ( 1 year ) Onsite warrenty as He Not Updated Warrenty status...

Last edited:

maddy1205

bloody hell mate!!!!
got the cooling system replaced yesterday....on powering up the laptop, there was an error message that the cooling fan was not operating correctly..

amargawade90

Today , i Called Dealer to gives me standard " ONSITE: 1 year warrenty , He said " user should register his product at HP site for onsite warrenty " , So I Registered my Laptop at HP site , Lets see whats happen now!!!

samudragupta

Youngling
got the cooling system replaced yesterday....on powering up the laptop, there was an error message that the cooling fan was not operating correctly..
is it fixed now?

Today , i Called Dealer to gives me standard " ONSITE: 1 year warrenty , He said " user should register his product at HP site for onsite warrenty " , So I Registered my Laptop at HP site , Lets see whats happen now!!!
ideally you should receive a certificate from hp in the email. Your situation seems confusing and the dealer is making it further confusing for you... i suggest you email <india.carepack.reg@hp.com> and mention your serial number (below the battery) and check your warranty status with them...

amargawade90

is it fixed now?

ideally you should receive a certificate from hp in the email. Your situation seems confusing and the dealer is making it further confusing for you... i suggest you email <india.carepack.reg@hp.com> and mention your serial number (below the battery) and check your warranty status with them...

I Just Chat with HP chat Support , Tell Him about My Problem , They asked me proof of purchase/date , i sended to him , and chat support , says that My Warrenty status will update within 2-3 days... but They still Giving me " OFFSITE " warrenty :-(

samudragupta

Youngling
I Just Chat with HP chat Support , Tell Him about My Problem , They asked me proof of purchase/date , i sended to him , and chat support , says that My Warrenty status will update within 2-3 days... but They still Giving me " OFFSITE " warrenty :-(
did not ask for onsite warranty?? i think it comes default with the dv6165tx because its in the premium range laptops!!

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
Any alternate link for 12.6 drivers...?
The following link is not working

guys,how do I install the 12.6 drivers? do i need to make a clean sweep of the driver ? or install on top of it.I have 6165tx.I have amd catalyst 12.6 and driver version for 6770 shown is 8.98.although it shows 6700 series.please clarify

rider

as Kratos
guys,how do I install the 12.6 drivers? do i need to make a clean sweep of the driver ? or install on top of it.I have 6165tx.I have amd catalyst 12.6 and driver version for 6770 shown is 8.98.although it shows 6700 series.please clarify

Best is to completely uninstall all AMD software and reinstall the latest software by downloading from hp website. Then manually update through that software, by using graphic properties > information > software update > check for updates manually

samudragupta

Youngling
Best is to completely uninstall all AMD software and reinstall the latest software by downloading from hp website. Then manually update through that software, by using graphic properties > information > software update > check for updates manually
i checked via the graphic properties and when i click on check version and update, it says that its the latest version. however i cant see the version on the interface... so should i assume its the latest one??

amargawade90

is your laptop outside 90days??
No...Just 75 Days Gone....

Guys , i Have One Question::
If I'm using Laptop For 7-9 hours Continousaly on A/C Power , Will Its Affects The Battery Life ?? If Yes , Then Should I Use LAptop Only On A/C Power ( Removing Battery ) so Battery Life Don't Gets Affected....

Guys Here is Good News , Hp Sended Windows CD Full FOC. :) ( No needs to pay Shipping Charges at all )
*img51.imageshack.us/img51/1441/snap3xj.png

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Use however you like, I keep plugging laptops for days, if the battery gets some problem it will be replace for free.

amargawade90

Use however you like, I keep plugging laptops for days, if the battery gets some problem it will be replace for free.

IMO , battery is Not Repalced under warrenty ( after 6 Months )
After 5 th months , Should I claim for new Battery ( New Battery Gives me More Battery life than 5 Months Old Battery )...:lol:

My battery Already Wear out 13.4% in just 2 Months....*img43.imageshack.us/img43/9672/snap2o.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom