the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

sarthak

In the zone
Are you sure that your primary partition is D ? Its generally C. Any partitions that you create yourself are logical. Also you can't delete system partition as thats where Windows 7 boots from.

vishu22

Broken In
What is the highest stable overclock dv6 6121tx users have been using??I just dont wish to go experimenting as i'm a novice in overclocking field.

some guys had overclocked to 850/950 .... i think it is highest 1 can go for ..... as more overclocking can harm d gpu .... bt i had used 825/900 by using sapphire trixx ...want to b on d safe side ;-)

aniket.cain

Padawan
some guys had overclocked to 850/950 .... i think it is highest 1 can go for ..... as more overclocking can harm d gpu .... bt i had used 825/900 by using sapphire trixx ...want to b on d safe side ;-)

I had overclocked it to 850/950, and it was running stable without overheating. I had noticed an improvement of 10-20% in FPS in most of the games.

sumansherlock

Broken In
Are you sure that your primary partition is D ? Its generally C. Any partitions that you create yourself are logical. Also you can't delete system partition as thats where Windows 7 boots from.

Yes..Just checked in disk management both C & D are mentioned as primary and F as logical and thanks for the help friend... Now i am ok with 3 partitions, I'll reinstalling os in few days then i'll make 4 partition..

And woahaaaa finally played few games....this machine is AWESOME:hyper:
NFS hot pursuit,crysis 2 and fifa 12 at all on highest settings :doublethumb:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Are you not satisfied by 6770's performance? Overclocking will stress the already stressed HP's components! Especially the mobo.

+1

Overclocking on a laptop is not really a good idea. Besides te 6770 is no slouch in the first place. Is the additional stress you are putting on the mobo worth those few extra fps. that's what you need to ask yourself first. BTW if you have an extended warranty, then i guess it makes a little more sense.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
IMO, now you need not to overclock. Current games are playable.
For newer games that 6770 struggles to run, you may want to overclock.

Chinmay91

Insomniac
I have noticed that sometimes when I use MTS MBlaze USB modem to access internet, I get a Blue Screen.I am unable to error report as I get the error message "Problem connecting to the Windows Error Reporting service", when I click on Check for Solutions in the Maintenance section in Action Center.
How to view the dump file?
Should I upload my dump file here?
Please help.

samudragupta

Youngling
Hi friends this is a gr8 thread... I am buying a new laptop on wednesday next week... I am confused between hp 6165 and asus n55sf. Please suggest which one should i opt for. I am skeptical about hp since my last compaq laptop had motherboard failures twice in 2 years. And plus some heating issues as well in hp. Please suggest friends...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have noticed that sometimes when I use MTS MBlaze USB modem to access internet, I get a Blue Screen.I am unable to error report as I get the error message "Problem connecting to the Windows Error Reporting service", when I click on Check for Solutions in the Maintenance section in Action Center.
How to view the dump file?
Should I upload my dump file here?
Please help.

Yes. Google for how to read DMP files. Also check event viewer.

Hi friends this is a gr8 thread... I am buying a new laptop on wednesday next week... I am confused between hp 6165 and asus n55sf. Please suggest which one should i opt for. I am skeptical about hp since my last compaq laptop had motherboard failures twice in 2 years. And plus some heating issues as well in hp. Please suggest friends...

No reason to chose DV6 over N55sf.

samudragupta

Youngling
I guess ass.. Im not sure about asus... However that doesnt matter most..
Can the users here pls suggest me a good cooling pad they are using...

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX

As far as the performance of the laptop is concerned,it is great.I have been using the laptop for 4 months without any problem.I play all games at max graphics.No heating issues have been observed.The max gpu temperature reached is 70 degrees and CPU's is 72 degrees in this hot summer month in non ac room.I have kept the maximum processor utilization at 80 % .
Its up to the user to maintain the laptop properly and not use it like a bat.

Top Bottom