the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rider

as Kratos
Thank you so much friends... I'm now settling for the 6165. Will get it this wednesday.... Yipeee....

Keep in mind that new dv6-7000 series with ivy bridge Core-i7 3610QM 2.3Ghz & nvidia GT 650M is going to be launched.

One model launced in US this week LINK
I think it would come in india in a month or so.

Last edited:

sumansherlock

Broken In
Coolsense is no magician...threre are many other sw like it is available.

Yes i know..these softwares controls the fan speed...but this one is special:p
my friend's xps15 also gets hot while playing games like 2-3hrs he uses these kind of sw..

Keep in mind that new dv6-7000 series with ivy bridge Core-i7 3610QM 2.3Ghz & nvidia GT 650M is going to be launched.

If it is launched recently in US i dont think its gonna release soon in india...and about price i am damn sure it'll cost you above 70k(not less than this) if it costs less than 70k i'll buy it also:p

samudragupta

Youngling

Thanks for the info m8 but i wud be too late for me as i want a pc urgently....
Btw i already ordered a new laptop dv 6165 from vijay sales for 60k. Friends can you please advise a good coolpad from flipkart... :)

rider

as Kratos
Yes i know..these softwares controls the fan speed...but this one is special:p
my friend's xps15 also gets hot while playing games like 2-3hrs he uses these kind of sw..

If it is launched recently in US i dont think its gonna release soon in india...and about price i am damn sure it'll cost you above 70k(not less than this) if it costs less than 70k i'll buy it also:p

I don't think it would be some near around 74k because envy series comes with the same processor in this price range.

It would be around 65k with ivy bridge core i7-3610QM and GT 650M because core i5 with GT 630M of dv6-7000 series is of 50k bucks currently.

Thanks for the info m8 but i wud be too late for me as i want a pc urgently....
Btw i already ordered a new laptop dv 6165 from vijay sales for 60k. Friends can you please advise a good coolpad from flipkart... :)

congrats! and a warm welcome to our family. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
Thanks. A couple of questions. 1) should i ask dealer for windows 7 dvd or i just have to create a recovery disk myself 2) is creating recovery disk different from creating bootable dvd of windows 7. Thanks a ton.

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
my hdd failed and i replaced it and i'm going to install win7 afresh..i downloaded the latest 12.3 catalyst drivers..do i need to install the previous versions also or i can proceed with the latest 12.3 version?

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
my hdd failed and i replaced it and i installed win7 afresh..i downloaded the latest 12.3 catalyst drivers..do i need to install the previous versions also or i can proceed with the latest 12.3 version?

You should download AMD graphic drivers from hp website and by default it updates automatically.

Thanks. A couple of questions. 1) should i ask dealer for windows 7 dvd or i just have to create a recovery disk myself 2) is creating recovery disk different from creating bootable dvd of windows 7. Thanks a ton.

I bought my laptop from hp distributor shop and there a hp guy told me to how to burn recovery DVDs. There are total 3 DVDs and its easy to burn by hp recovery manager (a software).
Recovery disks include all hp softwares and data that were present at the time when you burn.

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

The recovery disks are good enough to do a recovery, bt they will reinstall all the crapware that are present in a factory model.

Better download an iso from some torrent (a matching version ofcourse) and use your original key when you reinstall. the product key will be present on a sticker at the bottom of your laptop. That beats any recovery disk.

sarthak

In the zone
The recovery disks are good enough to do a recovery, bt they will reinstall all the crapware that are present in a factory model.

Better download an iso from some torrent (a matching version ofcourse) and use your original key when you reinstall. the product key will be present on a sticker at the bottom of your laptop. That beats any recovery disk.

Recovery disk also gives an option of reduced recovery which does not install crapware.

rider

as Kratos
I would recommend you to use EASEUS Partition Master for making partition.
Keep 100GB for C: and rest as you wish.

Top Bottom