the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

samudragupta

Youngling
Thanx bro and how many hrs do u play games? And what is the total time u use it in a day. I have an ac room. Is it necessary to updwte bios, since im not very tecnical. And which cooling pad do u use.
Sorry bout many questions.

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
Thanx bro and how many hrs do u play games? And what is the total time u use it in a day. I have an ac room. Is it necessary to updwte bios, since im not very tecnical. And which cooling pad do u use.
Sorry bout many questions.

I play for about 5 -6 hours a day and about 90 mins continuously.In AC room there is nothing to worry about heating problems.the laptop will come with updated bios which has switchable graphics in it.
Using coolmaster U3. finding the right cooling pad for the laptop is important.

sumansherlock

Broken In
Here it is HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

This is croma exclusive so only available in croma megastore..

samudragupta

Youngling
I just called the auth dealer in mumbai and he told me that the asus will be available by thursday nxt week. Also vijay sales has quoted me 60k for dv6165.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ 6165 can be had for 58-59k. 56-57 if you're lucky and have exceptional bargaining skills.
Better ask some other dealer.

Last edited:

sarthak

In the zone
1) Then there are cheaper laptops available go for them.

2) Didn't know, any source.

1) There are cheaper laptops, but are they as powerful as the dv6 especially in the graphics department ?
2) Flipkart says its 'permanently discontinued'. Don't know about local shops.

rider

as Kratos
I just called the auth dealer in mumbai and he told me that the asus will be available by thursday nxt week. Also vijay sales has quoted me 60k for dv6165.

1) If you are a like gaming there is no any laptop that is as good as hp dv6-6165tx in this price not even Dell XPS 15.

2)If you are not gaming much, want a good display go with Dell XPS 15 with 1080p display.

3)There is no need to spend on Asus laptops, they have selling of nothing in comparison to hp and dell laptops. Also service of hp is decent nowdays. And 1 year any damage protection is cherry on the cake.

I would say best price of dv6-6165tx is 58k bucks.

1) Then there are cheaper laptops available go for them.

2) Didn't know, any source.

Do you do gaming on your vaio?

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
Thats rite no fhd for xps anymore,else that would have been my preference... Sure im considering getting hp 6165, however after reading heating probs, it confuses me further...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1) There are cheaper laptops, but are they as powerful as the dv6 especially in the graphics department ?
2) Flipkart says its 'permanently discontinued'. Don't know about local shops.

1) That was my point. For price difference (with n55sf), you get 1080p display, blu-ray drive, and good cooling! Leave everything, if good cooling is added in DV6, it will put others to shame.

2) Thanks for the info, I didn't knew it.

Do you do gaming on your vaio?

Yes, but I'm no gamer. GTA:SA, TF2, IGI2, thats all. Why are you asking?

rider

as Kratos
Thats rite no fhd for xps anymore,else that would have been my preference... Sure im considering getting hp 6165, however after reading heating probs, it confuses me further...

I am using 6165tx from 5 months.. but I never faced any heating problem :lol:
Plus the room is not AC and I don't even use cool pad much. All thanks to hp cool sense feature, totally awesome.

sumansherlock

Broken In
I am using 6165tx from 5 months.. but I never faced any heating problem :lol:
Plus the room is not AC and I don't even use cool pad much. All thanks to hp cool sense feature, totally awesome.

+1 to you

played few games on it never faced any heating issues...it barely touch 75C but yesterday while playing MW2 it crosses 75...what i just did is used HP coolsense and then it comes back to normal state:lol: really it's just awesome:mrgreen:

Games that i have played so far(all on the highest setting)
NFS hot pursuit 50+ fps
COD MW2 50+fps
fifa 12 50+ fps
Battlefield bad company 2 35-50fps

The sad thing is there is no laptop in this range that competes...This laptop is still best one in this range..I recommended it to anyone:)

Top Bottom