the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

house?

Broken In
anyone ? low fps in witcher 2...i have the latest patch, latest drivers, cap, everything..still barely 20 in low spec, any advice appreciated

deepuvjy90

Right off the assembly line
hii... I am also a proud owner of 6121tx... bought it for 51775 from lets buy... i'm a newbie here... i am interested in deleting the current home premium version and install an ultimate version of windows 7 ultimate...

i heard that i will not be able to install the hp drivers downloaded from their website after install of pirated win7... is this true??plz help me do it... coz i wanna change the os asap.. plz help...

sumansherlock

Broken In
hii... I am also a proud owner of 6121tx... bought it for 51775 from lets buy... i'm a newbie here... i am interested in deleting the current home premium version and install an ultimate version of windows 7 ultimate...

i heard that i will not be able to install the hp drivers downloaded from their website after install of pirated win7... is this true??plz help me do it... coz i wanna change the os asap.. plz help...

for 51775? are u sure? it is priced 56k in letsbuy

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan

Are you asking us to help with pirated stuff? That is not allowed here.

New dv6 refresh, HP dv6-6c10tx and dv6-6c11tx available in Singapore store now with Radeon 7690m XT(reported to be faster than 6850m)

for 51775? are u sure? it is priced 56k in letsbuy

In this case, you should wait a little. Expect HP to come up with a top - mid range card (for India at least, as seen in two previous iterations ATI5650 and ATI6770).

swooosh32

Broken In
Hi, I am looking at buying a new laptop for about 60k soon. My main use will be for 3d design on softwares like 3ds Max, Maya, Mudbox and Sketchup. Apart from that I will only be using it for watching videos occasionally and maybe using video calls once in a while. I need it to be reasonably portable though so don't want a screen larger than 15.6". I won't be using it for gaming at all.

Will a DV6-6165TX be sufficient for my needs? Or can anyone suggest another laptop in the same price range please?

Thanks in advance.

Niilesh

Padawan
Hi, I am looking at buying a new laptop for about 60k soon. My main use will be for 3d design on softwares like 3ds Max, Maya, Mudbox and Sketchup. Apart from that I will only be using it for watching videos occasionally and maybe using video calls once in a while. I need it to be reasonably portable though so don't want a screen larger than 15.6". I won't be using it for gaming at all.

Will a DV6-6165TX be sufficient for my needs? Or can anyone suggest another laptop in the same price range please?

Thanks in advance.

Check Sony VAIO C Series VPCCB35FN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Sony Notebook
Review -
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/148393-sony-vaio-cb35-unboxing-review.html

swooosh32

Broken In
Check Sony VAIO C Series VPCCB35FN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Sony Notebook
Review -
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/148393-sony-vaio-cb35-unboxing-review.html

Sorry if this is a basic question but the specs on the HP seem better? Why do you think the Sony Vaio would be better suited?

Niilesh

Padawan
Sorry if this is a basic question but the specs on the HP seem better? Why do you think the Sony Vaio would be better suited?
you don't need the specs of 6165tx since you are not into gaming
Sony Vaio CB35 has 1080p screen(better for movies)
BTW how much will you use 3ds Max, Maya,etc.
if the answer is maximum time than i would suggest

Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D -Price:Rs. 47775

swooosh32

Broken In
you don't need the specs of 6165tx since you are not into gaming
Sony Vaio CB35 has 1080p screen(better for movies)
BTW how much will you use 3ds Max, Maya,etc.
if the answer is maximum time than i would suggest

Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D -Price:Rs. 47775

The main use will be for 3d design. Will be using more of 3ds Max and Sketchup than Maya though. Thanks for your help!

I saw the Asus but was slightly put off by the fact it doesn't have an OS installed and also because of some of the reviews on Flipkart. That's why I thought of getting the Dv6-6165tx because it had similar specs but came with Windows installed and the general reviews seemed better. I am a bit of a newbie to laptops, I have never bought one before so don't know exactly what to look for.

Sorry if I am going off topic on this thread by talking about Asus and Sony laptops instead. :oops:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
@swooosh32, For 3D rendering, I would suggest you to go for a laptop with an Nvidia Card. It has got CUDA cores which some plug-ins in Maya can utilize to maximize the rendering speed. The ASUS model Niilesh suggested, has got a really good configuration and an Nvidia GT 540M card with CUDA (Its comparable to the Radeon 6770 on the HP). But the models of Asus like K53SV-SX520D, 521D has got a keyboard which flexes on touch and seems to be loose. There is another model from Acer with 540M.

If you are in to gaming, then HP 6165/6121tx have the upper hand with the ATI card.

swooosh32

Broken In
Thanks for the help folks. How reliable are Asus/Acer in comparison to HP/Dell etc.

Should I make a new thread to discuss this btw? I don't want to disrupt this one by talking about other manufacturers?

swapnil

I bought 6165tx.. updated the BIOS of 31 october 2011
now wahta I have to do to switch graphics?
My rating is 5.9 in graphics why?

I installed the october BIOS in my 6165tx.. where should I switch to fixed or dynamic in BIOS setup?

i didnt got any bios update on the hp website,there is a previous version available

swapnil

I bought 6165tx.. updated the BIOS of 31 october 2011
now wahta I have to do to switch graphics?
My rating is 5.9 in graphics why?

I installed the october BIOS in my 6165tx.. where should I switch to fixed or dynamic in BIOS setup?

my current bios version is f.18 dated 08/07/2011,from where do i get the bios update,can u give me a link?hp dv6 6165tx

Prongs298

In the zone
buds, got a question. If i start hp support assistant and check for updates it gets a long list and what i want to ask is whether i should go along with it. i am afraid as it contains updates for all the devices and also the bios. will it mess up my laptop or is it safe?

swapnil

I think you are running your GPU in 'Auto Switch' mode, instead of 'Fixed Mode'. Change it to 'Fixed Mode' in the BIOS, and then select 'High Performance GPU' in CCC. Run the WEI again to set the scores straight.

the score is low due to the low disk data transfer rate,how did you get wei of 6.9 then,the lowest score determines the base score
hp dv6 6165tx

swapnil

already updated.. updated everything :cry:

hp dv6 6165tx
how can i update my graphic card from where should i update it?i tried at the amd website,when i enter my specs it gives a list of updates ,n i when i see the release notes for these softwares amd raedon hd 6770 isnt supported in it.
my ccc version is 2011.0315.958....
my graphic driver is 8.882.2.3000..
there is no scaling option available also im ccc

balkeet

Banned
hp envy 15 3000 is now available @ $1100 i.e rs 55000.it has backlit keyboard and 1 gb ati 7670 gpu!!!!!!!!rest specs are same as dv6 series.Also hd display upgrade option is there.

Top Bottom