the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

red dragon

Master troll
Naah.. No problem

Thats a stupid move. Just look how many dv6 users are here. Around 2~3 guys joining every month in this forum means the sales are really good. i7 + 6770M is kickass for this price
This DV6 series has always been a pain in their as*,visit any HP service centre and talk to those poor service engineers.In fact one of them told me to avoid dv6 in future.
Their probook series has always been their best seller and had much less failure rates and much better than their rival Vostros.
And there are very good Indian forums,where people wont even touch the dv6 with a 6 feet pole,and let me tell you those guys are definitely not noobs:wink:

which player do you guys use? Duampot player seems to have problems when I play mkv files....
Heard of something called VLC or MPC?Who bought you a laptop?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
This DV6 series has always been a pain in their as*,visit any HP service centre and talk to those poor service engineers.In fact one of them told me to avoid dv6 in future.
Their probook series has always been their best seller and had much less failure rates and much better than their rival Vostros.
And there are very good Indian forums,where people wont even touch the dv6 with a 6 feet pole,and let me tell you those guys are definitely not noobs:wink:

OK Red Dragon we all here are stupid noobs and this forum is full of them. Happy ??? Now please move yourself and your "as*" to those geeky forums and let us noobs live our stupid lives :-x

red dragon

Master troll
Chill mate chill!!
Never meant to hurt you or call you noob!Sorry anyways!!
Have a look here,
*forums.chip.in/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=47779&start=1665
All about...dv6 and the sad endings.

Last edited:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@red dragon : That thread ended in 2009 and we are in 2011. All dv6 come with coolsense now
[YOUTUBE]DTwTOuMelEY[/YOUTUBE]

I bought HP after comparing it with Lenovo and Dell XPS both having i7 2630. All three ran AVS video converter for an hour with all cores at full load and the difference in max temps was less than 5 degrees among all three

red dragon

Master troll
Coolsense controls the fan speed policy and processor performance policy in Windows power profiles. Hence, Coolsense is same as going into a profile and changing the fan and performance policies right there.
Install ThrottleStop and have some more control.

CloudS

Broken In
-EDIT-
My friend has a Dell and he as reported excessive heating. Not sure which model it is. HP isn't alone.
Perhaps xps 15

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
hey guys can u pls solve my problem ?
Try disabling the onboard graphics in the bios, be sure you know how to reset bios before hand though incase your video card ever fails. Then install ubuntu and hopefully because there's just one video device presented to ubuntu on the install there won't be an issue.

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
ya saw that.. i checked it out with the official fb page n he doesn't has any idea about it...they have real bad communication..

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i have accidently uninstalled the intel hd graphics and it doesnt work now. i downloaded drivers from hp website and when i double clicked on the setup file it extracts and give me an error " the system does not meet minimum requirements to install this ". i downloaded sp52473 and sp54471, but both doesnt work. how can i install this ? please help me
after this problem occured a cant even play angry birds on my laptop, it shows some openGL issue, but i can play it in high performance gpu mode but not in intel HD graphics i also pasted a snap of this in post. help me.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
*downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20036
Go to the above mentioned link and download the drivers.
BTW there is supposed to be a folder called swsetup or something like that,it contains all the drivers and all the crapware hp gave you.

TickTock

Broken In
well...well..well.. i was planning to buy a Hp dv6-6121tx in coming days but from past days m seeing hp not showing any dv6 models in his official website :-o:-o..new models coming ?? really:shock::shock:

Top Bottom