the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

dreamweaver.sd

Right off the assembly line
Thanks Ishu i am now able to manually switch graphics.
Can you please help me out on the over heating issue ?
My lappy gets heated very soon.

vishu22

Broken In
Now I am getting much better performance from the system. Most of the games are showing significant increase in the fps.
For eg.
CS:Source - 154 fps in benchmark. Earlier it was 38 only.
Resident Evil 5 - 55 fps. Earlier it was around 32.
Assassin's Creed - Brotherhood : 42 fps.
X-Men Origis - Wolverine : 60 fps (locked). Earlier it was around 45.
Portal 2 : 118 fps average. Earlier it was around 50.
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Around 30-35
Batman - Arkham Asylum : 52 fps. Earlier it was around 35-40.
Mirror's Edge : 55+
Modern Warfare 2: 78 fps Avg
Brink : 35 fps.
And so on...

Now, Crysis, Crysis 2, Far Cry 2, and FEAR 3 haven't gained much to write about. And WEI shows an error if I try to update the scores. And CS:Source crashes sometimes. Apart from these, nothing to worry so far. I will keep updating as I discover more improvements or problems.

hey guys ..... Firstly ..plzz add me 2 d owners of 6121 tx ...2ndly i got 45 - 60 fps in NFS HOT PURSUIT .... is it ok ? wat say ?

saddy

Broken In
doing BIOs update it right away. do we also have update graphics driver ...BTW too many processes r running in task manager...about 75.what r useful and what r unwanted one.i have not installed any other software apart from one that came with it ...which one should i keep ?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
doing BIOs update it right away. do we also have update graphics driver ...BTW too many processes r running in task manager...about 75.what r useful and what r unwanted one.i have not installed any other software apart from one that came with it ...which one should i keep ?
I would update the drivers before the BIOS update.

saddy

Broken In
graphics driver is 300 mb one file so it will take time as my internet speed is low this time...btw after installing driver i have 2 do BIOS update right?

dreamweaver.sd

Guys please help me about my Heating issues.
I had heard about decreasing maximum processor performance. How can we do it ???
PLEASE enlighten me.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Guys please help me about my Heating issues.
I had heard about decreasing maximum processor performance. How can we do it ???
PLEASE enlighten me.

If you are keeping a book underneath the laptop, it is going to block all the vents through which the fan sucks in the air. Better keep two small books on the sides only, so that the middle of the laptop is free to take air.
For the Processor throttling, open Start Menu, type coolsense and run it.
*www.progmic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hp-coolsense-technology_thumb.jpg
In it, select 'Coolest Mode'.

dreamweaver.sd

If you are keeping a book underneath the laptop, it is going to block all the vents through which the fan sucks in the air. Better keep two small books on the sides only, so that the middle of the laptop is free to take air.
For the Processor throttling, open Start Menu, type coolsense and run it.
*www.progmic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hp-coolsense-technology_thumb.jpg
In it, select 'Coolest Mode'.

Dude i am already running in "coolest mode" of HP coolsense still the temprature reaches alarming temperature.

Have you tried of over clocking it, if yes do you find any scope of under clocking it ??

If anyone has tried overclocking can anyone guide me which method did they use ie. BIOS or any specific software ??

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
You can limit processor utilization.....

first take the power options from control panel.

choose the power plan in which u want to reduce processor power consumption

click on change plan settings

inside that click on change advanced power settings

inside that there is a list. choose processor power management

inside that choose maximum processor state and change it 75% or any value u prefer...

aniket.cain

Padawan
Dude i am already running in "coolest mode" of HP coolsense still the temprature reaches alarming temperature.

Have you tried of over clocking it, if yes do you find any scope of under clocking it ??

If anyone has tried overclocking can anyone guide me which method did they use ie. BIOS or any specific software ??

If you are talking about overclocking the CPU on this one, it can't be done. I googled a lot about it, but everywhere it was said that these CPUs cannot be overclocked.
On the other hand, the GPU can be very easliy overclocked using MSI Afterburner or Sapphire TRIXX.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
FOR HIGH TEMPS
Go to Control Panel>Change Plan Setting>Advanced Settings and change CPU state to 99%. This won't effect performance but will disable turbo boost. It should decrease temps by 10C.
*img804.imageshack.us/img804/1742/tb1l.png

ogasd

Broken In
CYBERLINK CAM SCREEN TURNED BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hve 6121........... till now ,only one problem with camera n its alot frustating , hope u can help ..:cry: it was running good but suddenly when i was turnig brightness or contrast low or high it turned black suddenly.... resetted settings , updated bios (but still bios shows f.17) even reinstalled and factory resetted my lap , updated n every thing but still the same cam . please please help ..
only my tubelight or other high light is visible a little green then red nd allmost all pitch black in the cam nothing else ........

ogasd

Broken In
CAM PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay guys my cam problem has solved just a min after i hve posted it.....:mrgreen: i hve another thing to ask ---- how can i connect my tv through 3 video audio cables to vga monitor i hve dish tv set top box and an extra 19' monitor .. i dont wanna buy tunner card...
ALSO is cooling pad necessary while gaming for more than 4 hrs ? temp reaches 78 while gta 4 running .....

saddy

Broken In
Today tried Dirt 2 on my 6121tx...it run at 45-50 fps on high setting with dx9...so far this machine is doing well for me .Bios update and graphics driver update did the job.BTw how do i make a recover DVD of Windows 7 for this?.

Top Bottom