the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

piyus_h

Broken In
hey no one helped me on this :(

QUE : Is any one sure that if i make iso image of the recovery dvds i have... will it work for me in future wen i burn those iso's on new dvd???

house?

Broken In
Aniket, thanks dude, repped you...downloading the drivers, and what about opengl ? any separate drivers for that or just this one ?m planning on playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent

on a different note, what's with this random questions thing on this site ?(they haven't heard of captcha ? :shock:)

xachin

Right off the assembly line
I want to install an 8 GB ram stick in 6121tx. Are they available in market? Where and for how much?

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
Aniket, thanks dude, repped you...downloading the drivers, and what about opengl ? any separate drivers for that or just this one ?m planning on playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent

on a different note, what's with this random questions thing on this site ?(they haven't heard of captcha ? :shock:)

i dont think Amnesia: The Dark Descent will run..i'm not getting any video while playing the game just getting the audio :cry:
my drivers are updated..:?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
i dont think Amnesia: The Dark Descent will run..i'm not getting any video while playing the game just getting the audio :cry:
my drivers are updated..:?
Minimum System Requirements For Windows
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7
CPU: 1.5Ghz – Low budget CPUs such as Celeron or Duron processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX – Integrated graphics and very low budget cards might not work.

Recommended System Requirements For Windows
Processor: 2.0Ghz
Memory: 2048MB
Disc Space: 3GB
Video Card:Radeon HD/GeForce 6
It should run. Are you sure you are playing on "High perf".
Updated BIOS?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Game May Not Run if Using Integrated Graphics Card AND Another Graphics Card

Some computers come with an integrated graphics card — or a video card that is built into the motherboard. These aren’t normally powerful so many end up buying another video card to use, resulting in two videos card being enabled on the same computer. While this doesn’t normally cause any problems, it can for this game.

1) Go to My Computer -> Control Panel -> Hardware -> Device Manager
2) Locate the card you are not using and right click it -> disable, then reboot the computer

If that doesn’t work, try:

– Updating the drivers on the integrated card.
– Setting the non-integrated card as the preferred card (through NVIDiA control panel or ATI Catalyst Panel)
1.3 Users of Intel graphics cards
There are Intel cards out there that have all features needed, but does yet not run the game due to bad drivers. Make sure to search hard for good drivers. Unfortunately it might be the case it still may not be possible to support intel cards. The only card that could run the compatibility test without errors (apart from bad ssao) where GMA X3100 on OSX. There might be other card-system combinations that work though, so if you get the game working on an intel card, please get back to me by PM and tell me how you went about.

crazyfreak316

Broken In
Guys, if you are a linux user or spend most of your time on Linux, this laptop is not for you.

Why, you asked?
1. Brightness keys won't work. It took me a while to solve the issue, this blog post helped me.. The reason is ACPI implementation is not supported by linux.

2. Bad battery life. Seriously, it gives me like 1.5 hours or 2 hours at max. It was good in the beginning but it's been going down ever since. Not sure if it's just me or linux. I need to spend some time on windows to figure if it's a hardware issue or linux issue. I'll update my findings. Again, ACPI must be the issue.

3. Heats like crazy. Windows runs much cooler. Again, ACPI issues I guess.

4. Switchable graphics - I've tried everything: open source ati drivers, the proprietary drivers from Ubuntu PPAs, the proprietary drivers from ATI site. Nothing works properly. I can't get Ubuntu to use the ATI card for the life of me. I've tried vga_switcheroo, it just hangs on switching the card. Actually, it doesn't hang, but the display goes off so you can't do anything. If anyone has a fix for this issue, please I'm dying for it. It may also be the reason for bat battery life and heating (maybe the ati card is ON?)

5. Random crashes because of opengl doesn't work properly.

I noticed that all the issues are interlinked with ACPI and the graphics. I just hope someone finds and fixes these issues. I especially hate bad battery life and I hate windows so I can't get back to it.

J

Joker

Guys, if you are a linux user or spend most of your time on Linux, this laptop is not for you.

Why, you asked?
1. Brightness keys won't work. It took me a while to solve the issue, this blog post helped me.. The reason is ACPI implementation is not supported by linux.

2. Bad battery life. Seriously, it gives me like 1.5 hours or 2 hours at max. It was good in the beginning but it's been going down ever since. Not sure if it's just me or linux. I need to spend some time on windows to figure if it's a hardware issue or linux issue. I'll update my findings. Again, ACPI must be the issue.

4. Switchable graphics - I've tried everything: open source ati drivers, the proprietary drivers from Ubuntu PPAs, the proprietary drivers from ATI site. Nothing works properly. I can't get Ubuntu to use the ATI card for the life of me. I've tried vga_switcheroo, it just hangs on switching the card. Actually, it doesn't hang, but the display goes off so you can't do anything. If anyone has a fix for this issue, please I'm dying for it. It may also be the reason for bat battery life and heating (maybe the ati card is ON?)

I noticed that all the issues are interlinked with ACPI and the graphics. I just hope someone finds and fixes these issues. I especially hate bad battery life and I hate windows so I can't get back to it.

Switchable gfx just dont work in linux whether amd or nvidia optimus. lets hope ubuntu 11.10 works.

crazyfreak316

Broken In
Switchable gfx just dont work in linux whether amd or nvidia optimus. lets hope ubuntu 11.10 works.

Not true. VGA_Switcheroo works fine for most of the people. It's the muxless stuff that's causing the problem. I'll try looking more into it when I'm free and experiment with stuff.

WhizKins

Right off the assembly line

Why, you asked?

Thanks man I was looking for something like this +rep to you. I don't use Windows (apart from gaming) and I do all of my work on Linux, so Linux support is a major concern for me. Did you update the bios and are still having opengl issues?

crazyfreak316

Broken In
Thanks man I was looking for something like this +rep to you. I don't use Windows (apart from gaming) and I do all of my work on Linux, so Linux support is a major concern for me. Did you update the bios and are still having opengl issues?

Yes, bios update didn't make any difference for me. I'll uninstall the proprietary drivers and try open-source drivers once again when I can afford some downtime. I'll post my findings.

Top Bottom