the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

sarathsnair

Journeyman
can i install ubuntu on that OS partition ?
is their any damage for windows 7 at that time ?
how can i make recovery media , and what is its use ?

tom_sama

Right off the assembly line
i have 6121tx...

@aniket

i have used fraps, hp cool sense was on all the time(no turbo boost), have run all these games at 1366x768 and ran the benchmark for more than 30 mins.
all are avg fps at 8xAA ,16xAF,vsync on and max gfx
1.cod MW 2(4x AA)-57fps
2.cod Bops-50-60fps
3.Resident Evil 5-46fps
4.just cause 2(4x AA, 16xAF,default settings)-37fps
5.Red Faction Armaggeddon-26fps
6.crysis 2(hardcore settings,vsync on)-25fps

@6017tx owner
are these fps same as in 6017tx??

and i have a problem?? whenever i run games that use DX10 and 11 i dont get fullscreen(there is black strip along right hand hight & and alt+enter gives windowed mode) but same games run in fullscreen in DX9 exe.(eg dirt3,ResidentEvil5,just cause 2, RFarmaggeddon)

does anybody else have a similar problem??
is there any solution??
any help is appreciated...
will u plz run unigine heaven with the config:high,tess:normal,with the native resolution and post the results?

tom_sama

@ashh
The fps you quoted are exactly the same as on my 6017tx not even 1% difference
COULD YOU PLZ TEST THE UNIGINE HEAVEN BENCHMARK WITH THE CONFIG:unigine Heaven and wit the config.high. tessellation normal and wit the native resolution AND POST THE RESULTS?''

tejasxs

www.gogiz.in
to make partition, shrink the c drive.
you need to perform boot time defragmentation to get maximum shrink size,
just dont touch the recovery partition.
i think you can make maximum 2 extra partitions.
the recovery also works perfectly fine and your data is not affected on the new partitions.(i have done this on my compaq laptop, it works great).

aniket.cain

Padawan
He is correct. Except this. You can create more.

EDIT: I would completely erase the C: and re-install windows from the recovery image (minimal install).

Actually you can only create more dynamic disks because there are already 4 basic disk partitions from HP. One is the 200MB system drive and other is the recovery drive. And the other 2 drives are available to users as C: and D:.
To create more, you'll have to get rid of the Recovery partition. It can be done through HP Assistant after creating the recovery DVDs.

aniket.cain

Padawan
4 primary partitions and lots of logical partitions?

I think primary partitions and logical drives all come under basic disk. And I was unable to create more than 4 primary/logical partitions. Windows said that the new volume will be dynamic and not basic. So I restructured the whole goddamned hdd. :mad:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Yeah Dynamic is logical AFAIK. I have 6 partitions on my 160GB HDD.

Only CON is that they are difficult to resize.

rishi_duke

hey everyone, i'm new to this forum and am considering to buy dv6-6121tx.
i want to play games on this lapy n dont have any use of adobe cs5.

i was wondering if anyone has tried devil may cry on dv6. i'm not concerned about the frame rates as dv6 is capable of devouring it, but want to know that wen multiple keys are used at the same time then how does the laptop respond.
as one of my freind's sony laptop fails to respond to input from more than 2 keys.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
hey everyone, i'm new to this forum and am considering to buy dv6-6121tx.
i want to play games on this lapy n dont have any use of adobe cs5.

i was wondering if anyone has tried devil may cry on dv6. i'm not concerned about the frame rates as dv6 is capable of devouring it, but want to know that wen multiple keys are used at the same time then how does the laptop respond.
as one of my freind's sony laptop fails to respond to input from more than 2 keys.

I'd suggest not playing games using the built in keyboard. Especially DMC - that game will devour your keyboard in no time. ;-)

When you are ready to spend as much as 55k, why not spend a few bucks more and get a keyboard as well ..

Is extended warranty available for 6121tx ? How much does it cost ? Thanks!:)

HP does not offer extended warranty for home users in India :x

AFAIK one can have a max of 4 primary partitions or 3 primary and any number of logical partitions...

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Turn off the display? When? I presume while downloading. Well you can press F4 and select project only, but I am not sure if it is beneficial... I mean, it might be outputting signal to the display port. No idea though...

Yes, it is beneficial. In the sense that the battery life will increase and so will the lifetime of the LCD.

There is one more thing you might want to try. You could makea new custom powerplan say, 'download' and then set the lap to never go into sleeep and never switch off the HDD, but to turn off the display after 1 min of inactivity.
You can even go further and set the max processor state(under advanced) to something like 50% and in the process reduce the system temperature. and of course the battery life should increase, though i dont think that will be much...
talk about killing two birds with one stone ;-)

aniket.cain

Padawan
Yes, it is beneficial. In the sense that the battery life will increase and so will the lifetime of the LCD.

There is one more thing you might want to try. You could makea new custom powerplan say, 'download' and then set the lap to never go into sleeep and never switch off the HDD, but to turn off the display after 1 min of inactivity.
You can even go further and set the max processor state(under advanced) to something like 50% and in the process reduce the system temperature. and of course the battery life should increase, though i dont think that will be much...
talk about killing two birds with one stone ;-)

Mine is anyways set to never go to sleep when on charge, and to turn off the display after just 1 min. That is the way I've always liked my laptops. ;)

rishi_duke

I'd suggest not playing games using the built in keyboard. Especially DMC - that game will devour your keyboard in no time. ;-)

When you are ready to spend as much as 55k, why not spend a few bucks more and get a keyboard as well ..

yeah i know that fact, n i also have an extenal keyboard..for the mater of fact, one of the key poped out while playing DMC3. ;-)
but my query was different, what i wanted to know is that does dv6 support multiple input of keys??

Top Bottom