the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Machinehead

Broken In
hey guys i got myself a dv4 3016 TX.
Doesnt have the mux issue i guess. THE SWITCHING IS COMPLETELY manual.

Any OC utility u guys prefer for this GPU???

pratik385

In the zone
@ ishu

6017tx is not available in nagpur, so will get 6016. i5, 6490
Anyone from pune, is it available?

btw is 6490 better than gt525 and gt540 ?
i know that 6770>>>>6490 but is there so much of difference in performance ?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Flipkart.com: HP Pavilion DV6 Series Dv4 - 3016tx: Computer

Get the 3016. i5 and 6750M.

6750M is just an underclocked 6770M (AFAIK).

You can get it locally for 38000

Or you can go with the 6121tx. It will be fixed in a month. HP is supposedly rolling out a new BIOS.

piyus_h

Broken In
what is 'octroi tax' ???

The term Octroi Tax is a (a) tax levied on entry of goods into a municipal area (b) tax levied on entry of goods from one to another country (in our case its from one state to other state ).....

but i have heard this tax is only applicable in some states like MH.:-(

siddharth290

Broken In

Download the Sapphire Trixx OC utility or the MSI afterburner.
But you will have to tweak the MSI afterburner to unlock the OC capability, so I would suggest Sapphire trixx.

tejasxs

www.gogiz.in
There is an availability problem for 6017tx but still trying to get it, but 6121 is available.

what if i have to buy 6121 and whats its disadvantage over 6017?

is the problem in 2gb 6770m of 6121 fixable in upcoming driver updates, or is it a permanent hardware problem that cant be solved:?:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Do keep a tab on temperatures... my cpu goes to 75 under gaming and gpu to 67.. idling is cool though ~44C for cpu (usually is even lesser at 39-42C)

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Hi guys, i did a Clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate on ma 6121tx. i just wante to know shld i install HP coolsense?? but i couldnot find in my backed up Hp drivers n software. After the clean instal i had installed HP support Software n saw coolsense. But after removing HP Support Support i found that coolsense was gone too. But again reinstalling HP support software doesnt bring it back.

Plz help

nishanth1234

Broken In
hey hp 61xx owners hp released a news bios update which fixes the dynamic switchble gfx issue.(f 1 A)
LINK
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

crazyfreak316

Broken In
hey hp 61xx owners hp released a news bios update which fixes the dynamic switchble gfx issue.(f 1 A)
LINK
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

I came here just to post this. You're fast.

BTW, I enabled fixed mode, but not what? My linux still works the same way. All OpenGL applications fail. ATI CCC doesn't recognise there's an ATI GPU present.

Arghh, I hate windows and I hate not being able to run OpenGL apps on linux.

Top Bottom