the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
Best is to format C: drive and install windows 7 by downloading from microsoft and using your key written in the bottom of the laptop.
2 years warranty is for laptops under 90 days, you forget to tell him.
6300 bucks is for complete cover including accidental damage cover, not sure one or two year in your case but it is of one year for after 90 days warranty buyer.

I Also tell him same , but this HP call Center wala is Not agree with me.....
SO I'm Going to Extending warrenty for 2 Years ( ONSITE) , Tommorow at DADAR !!

rider

as Kratos
6300 bucks is for warranty extension without accidental cover.There's no provision in hp to extend accidental cover.

No, we can extend I was in same doubt with this but it has been cleared by hp engineer. I think only a few dealers can provide you extended accidental cover. It cost approx 1500 more than normal 4500 warranty extension.

amargawade90

No, we can extend I was in same doubt with this but it has been cleared by hp engineer. I think only a few dealers can provide you extended accidental cover. It cost approx 1500 more than normal 4500 warranty extension.

Jaane do baba.....Its too difficult to get "Accidental COver " ( even after call on 18004254999 )...so Better i Buy Normal 2 year EXT. Warrenty......

Can AnyOne Tell me , Why HP Discontinue 6165tx Model ( One Of Most/Hot Seller Model by HP )just Months ago ?? Any Reason ??

red dragon

Master troll
Are you guys sure that hp is providing extended warranty,not those creepy third parties/dealers.And all those service engineers are employees of those dealers(their ignorance and apathy is understandable)!!
Asking this because hp does not even have a single service centre of their own,all of those service centres in India are run by some third party or other!
Only their corporate clients get direct hp service.

amargawade90

Are you guys sure that hp is providing extended warranty,not those creepy third parties/dealers.And all those service engineers are employees of those dealers(their ignorance and apathy is understandable)!!
Asking this because hp does not even have a single service centre of their own,all of those service centres in India are run by some third party or other!

I Just Chat(online/Internet) With HP care , and They said At dadar, Mumbai ( Where I'm going to Extending warrenty ) is Autorized Dealer and They having rights to Extend Warrenty too !!

Yes , I Agree With U...HP Don't have any OWN service center( Like SOny had) , all are 3rd Party , Which are Not Providing Good Service( OFFSITE) at all!!

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Now the Speccy Software shows about 47c to 52c in idle or while surfing web and on playing Call Of Duty Black OPS its showing about 65c to 72c. Is it normal now, but why speedfan software was showing more temperature ?

rider

as Kratos
Jaane do baba.....Its too difficult to get "Accidental COver " ( even after call on 18004254999 )...so Better i Buy Normal 2 year EXT. Warrenty......

Can AnyOne Tell me , Why HP Discontinue 6165tx Model ( One Of Most/Hot Seller Model by HP )just Months ago ?? Any Reason ??

It's your money do as you wish. :)

I Just Chat(online/Internet) With HP care , and They said At dadar, Mumbai ( Where I'm going to Extending warrenty ) is Autorized Dealer and They having rights to Extend Warrenty too !!

Yes , I Agree With U...HP Don't have any OWN service center( Like SOny had) , all are 3rd Party , Which are Not Providing Good Service( OFFSITE) at all!!

No, hp is providing onsite services from intarvo technology including extended warranty. And they are superb! in their work.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

AFAIK HP service centers are operated via third party companies as you said.

vgr

Broken In
Hey i'm in kerla now and my idle temperature seems to have shot up to 55-60 degrees!!!$#@$#$%
it used to be only around 40-45 in bangalore...
I took my laptop out from the AC room into the balcony... i just hope this didn't mess up anything on the inside too bad....
this sure does suck....
any suggestions apart from going to a HP center?

i know this is a stupid question but should i sell my dv6121 tx and get that samsung one with gt650m? :oops:
well if u get a good deal then why not :p
but Id be wary Samsung....
they don't builf things that last any more...

ujjwal007

Lost in games
By all means yesss!!
Samsung are making great laptops these days!!

I m also going to buy that one now which one do u recommend i5 or i7 my main purpose is just gaming heavy gaming on max settings i m not gonna use any 3d software or anything like that :) and nvidia gt 650m is better then radeon hd 6770m? :-D

Last edited:

amargawade90

I m also going to buy that one now which one do u recommend i5 or i7 my main purpose is just gaming heavy gaming on max settings i m not gonna use any 3d software or anything like that :) and nvidia gt 650m is better then radeon hd 6770m? :-D

Yes ...Its Better than 6770m but But Buy Laptop which have 650m ( DDR5) GC.....DDR5 have Little faster than DDR3 ( Only for 650m)

Guys.....My laptops Black Screen problem ( Which state eairlier )Still Not solved ...From Morning , its Two Times happen!!

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
Yes ...Its Better than 6770m but But Buy Laptop which have 650m ( DDR5) GC.....DDR5 have Little faster than DDR3 ( Only for 650m)

Guys.....My laptops Black Screen problem ( Which state eairlier )Still Not solved ...From Morning , its Two Times happen!!
you might need to reinstall the OS... better to contact hp tech....

Top Bottom