the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

aniket.cain

Padawan
Please there is a request from hp dv6 owners to tell how to to maintain battery life.
Please post an article explaining all your calibration method.

Here is a snapshot of my battery status:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8017/7557828202_1ab66fbfa3_b_d.jpg

I run my laptop frequently on the battery, and once in a while, I let the battery level drop all the way down until it shuts down. For calibration purpose, I run the full discharge-recharge cycle a couple of times in a row. That's all!

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Hey guys can you all help me... I m looking to buy a laptop for around 50-55 k my main purpose is playing heavy. Games in max settings like gta 4 and would like to play gta 5 when it is available... And other heavy grahpics games i would also like to surf web and watch movies and play games online too and.. Weight, all things doesnt matter just a high end gpu...i like the new dell inspiron 15r special edition but thats dissapointed me in gpu which has only gt 630m compares to gt 540m which is not good enough :( . I love the hp dv6- 6017tx , 6165tx specs which has the awesome gpu hd 6770m costs around 8k on flipkart. i found it awsome.. And also does 1 or 2 gb of vram really matter?? I see most of the games takes less then 1gb graphics does it really matters 1 or 2 gigs on graphic card? And i have not used hp never..just using. Compaq laptop from 4 years..and still working good but cant play games on it no gpu and very low specs. And also i5 2.6 ghz processor is better or i7 2.2 ghz?? Sorry for so many questions dont get mad on me lol.

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
Here is a snapshot of my battery status:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8017/7557828202_1ab66fbfa3_b_d.jpg

I run my laptop frequently on the battery, and once in a while, I let the battery level drop all the way down until it shuts down. For calibration purpose, I run the full discharge-recharge cycle a couple of times in a row. That's all!

But What About Playing games ??? When u Play Heavy Games , we must attach A/C for Better Performance of GC.....

aniket.cain

Padawan
But What About Playing games ??? When u Play Heavy Games , we must attach A/C for Better Performance of GC.....

Not necessarily. Many times I have to carry my laptop to another room for playing games on LAN, and I occasionally run it on battery without noticing any major performance degradation. Just select High Performance in power options (as well as for the GPU), and you are good to go.

amargawade90

Not necessarily. Many times I have to carry my laptop to another room for playing games on LAN, and I occasionally run it on battery without noticing any major performance degradation. Just select High Performance in power options (as well as for the GPU), and you are good to go.

Ok , Means U Never Run Laptop On A/C Power ( when Laptop is ON)
and U Only Charge Laptop when its Is OFF , I'm Correct ??

Question about Battery calibrating ::

I try to Calibrate battery But after 7% ,Windows go to Hibernate Mode ( Not Fully SHutdown , )

Can Anyone Tell Me How to Format Only C drive ?? ( I recived Windows 7 CD from Hp But They Also Format Whole Pc )

aniket.cain

Padawan
Ok , Means U Never Run Laptop On A/C Power ( when Laptop is ON)
and U Only Charge Laptop when its Is OFF , I'm Correct ??

Question about Battery calibrating ::

I try to Calibrate battery But after 7% ,Windows go to Hibernate Mode ( Not Fully SHutdown , )

Can Anyone Tell Me How to Format Only C drive ?? ( I recived Windows 7 CD from Hp But They Also Format Whole Pc )

No! I use both, according to my wish. Sometimes I forget to turn on the power switch, or to plug-in the charger, or sometimes I am simply too lazy to carry the charger with me while moving around. All I am saying, there is no fixed rule according to which I use my battery, but I do utilize my battery occasionally.

Also, you have to make changes to your power profiles to change the percentage at which different power management actions will be taken by the system.

rider

as Kratos
Hey guys can you all help me... I m looking to buy a laptop for around 50-55 k my main purpose is playing heavy. Games in max settings like gta 4 and would like to play gta 5 when it is available... And other heavy grahpics games i would also like to surf web and watch movies and play games online too and.. Weight, all things doesnt matter just a high end gpu...i like the new dell inspiron 15r special edition but thats dissapointed me in gpu which has only gt 630m compares to gt 540m which is not good enough :( . I love the hp dv6- 6017tx , 6165tx specs which has the awesome gpu hd 6770m costs around 8k on flipkart. i found it awsome.. And also does 1 or 2 gb of vram really matter?? I see most of the games takes less then 1gb graphics does it really matters 1 or 2 gigs on graphic card? And i have not used hp never..just using. Compaq laptop from 4 years..and still working good but cant play games on it no gpu and very low specs. And also i5 2.6 ghz processor is better or i7 2.2 ghz?? Sorry for so many questions dont get mad on me lol.

Sad, to tell you those hp dv6 laptops have been officially discontinued from hp india. Core-i7 is a quad core laptop (2.2x4 Ghz) and core-i5 is a dual core (2.6x2 Ghz).
Better to buy a new samsung series 5 550p laptop with core-i5 and GT 650M 2GB graphics for 50k approx.

Model Number: NP550P5C-S01IN

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Sad, to tell you those hp dv6 laptops have been officially discontinued from hp india. Core-i7 is a quad core laptop (2.2x4 Ghz) and core-i5 is a dual core (2.6x2 Ghz).
Better to buy a new samsung series 5 550p laptop with core-i5 and GT 650M 2GB graphics for 50k approx.

Model Number: NP550P5C-S01IN

Oh sad :( bad luck i checked some sites they are still have them and selling may be i can find at a local store? Not hp some other local sellers? Reply me asap ty and 1 or 2 gb of graphics really matters?

amargawade90

First tell me why you want to format C: drive?
Right Now I'm Not formatting , i'm Just asking for Future ,iF any BIG Problem Occurs ( as HP cd'd only supports Full HDD format , which delete My Whole data)

I Just Recieved Call Back from HP for WArrety Extenstion.....HP carewala said 6300rs for ONLY 2 years onsite warrenty (No accidental cover) , when i Told Him That "SIMTECH COMPUTRONICS , DADAR" Gives me warrenty at just 4500rs.....then he said Its Not Possible, Its Must be 1 year warrenty....so i told Him 4500rs are for 2 years , then he disconnect Phone....

WHAT Happens to This HP Care ??? Why HP call center telling 6300rs for 2 years where local HP service center gives me at 4500rs ??

rider

as Kratos
Best is to format C: drive and install windows 7 by downloading from microsoft and using your key written in the bottom of the laptop.
2 years warranty is for laptops under 90 days, you forget to tell him.
6300 bucks is for complete cover including accidental damage cover, not sure one or two year in your case but it is of one year for after 90 days warranty buyer.

Top Bottom