the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Chinmay91

Insomniac
Please provide the link to download the HP Wireless Assistant for dv6-6121tx as it didn't come pre-installed on my laptop.
P.S.I have tried googling and installed a wrong version incompatible with my laptop.

amargawade90

Fall In Love With HP 6165
Finally I got my HP DV6-6165tx from a Store here, and yeah Its a very nice machine, Thanks to everyone who suggested me this laptop. But i am a lil worried because as i am new to this laptop i don't know anything about it, Actually i want to update bios and catalyst but i am not able to do that, please tell me how to do that, and yes at normal the temp is about 48c to 51c its it normal or high ? If its high please tell me how to fix it. i am not getting any information about ATI 6770m except in Device Manager , please help me.

yes , u can not see ATI 6770m in Device manager but U can see its is in 6700 series and Intel HD graphics( as Our Laptop haves 2 switchable GC)( under display adaptor)

im still at work mate... i will upload it by 2am:wink:

Ok , Thanks in advance mate....I will Download it on next morning !!

Guys , I'm removed Laptop Battery Now( Battery wears out 15% within 2 months , thats means within 1year Battery life gets ~0 )and Using Only on A/C ADaptor ( as I'm mostly in home) , Is it SAfe na ??

sarthak

In the zone
Please provide the link to download the HP Wireless Assistant for dv6-6121tx as it didn't come pre-installed on my laptop.
P.S.I have tried googling and installed a wrong version incompatible with my laptop.

Don't install Wireless Assistant. Its of no use.

Guys , I'm removed Laptop Battery Now( Battery wears out 15% within 2 months , thats means within 1year Battery life gets ~0 )and Using Only on A/C ADaptor ( as I'm mostly in home) , Is it SAfe na ??

Lol, battery wear is not directly proportional to time. After about 8 months my battery wear is 25.5% and I get around 2.5 hours backup with wifi on. Removing battery and using only adaptor is safe as long as you don't have any powercut, in which case your data might be corrupted.

And for those of you who were asking me the price of the customized dv6, its Rs.67000 for dv6-7040tx whose HDD has been replaced by a 160 GB SSD.

sad_but_true

Right off the assembly line
guys i am an owner of pavilion dv6 6165tx laptop.its more than 6 months old now.when it was 1month old i did a few tests from hp support assistant in troubleshooting category like hp audio test and hp display video test.....now when i open the hp support assistant to do a troubleshooting test for my display i cannot find the option of hp display video test in the graphics video and display category nor the hp audio test in the audio and sound category...i have latest support assistant version though..can anyone tell me from where to access the audio and video troubleshooting test???cannot find the above tests anywhere in the support assistant.other checks like battery check, hard disk check, network check are present in original location...please provide me any relevant information regarding this to the earliest.....
regards

Prongs298

In the zone
what the hell have you guys been doing to your batteries? mine hovers b/w 5-7 % wear and this is after 8 months and i still get 4 hrs of battery life!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Don't keep battery idle for long. Keep the usage ratio at 6:4 (AC:batt).

amargawade90

Don't keep battery idle for long. Keep the usage ratio at 6:4 (AC:batt).

I will use battery on Every Sunday ( 1 day for week)

here is the terms and conditions mate.... Terms_&_Conditions.pdf - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Thankss :)

Today , I called at HP care ( 1800 425 4999) for warrenty extenstion ( for enquiry of price ) , They giving 2 years warrenty at 5500 rs+ taxes :-o

So i decided to go To DADAR , MUMBAI , as they giving warrenty at just 4500 rs .
WHy PRice of warrenty is different at every shop/call

samudragupta

Youngling
Hi friends i just called the hp line and asked for the windows 7 disc, saying that my recovery disc has gone corrupted. But the guy refused to send the discs. The idiot on the helpline said that i need to take it to the service centre and only once they verify the software issue will i get the windows 7 discz... Am i doing anything wrong here??

amargawade90

Hi friends i just called the hp line and asked for the windows 7 disc, saying that my recovery disc has gone corrupted. But the guy refused to send the discs. The idiot on the helpline said that i need to take it to the service centre and only once they verify the software issue will i get the windows 7 discz... Am i doing anything wrong here??

This Hp call Line peoples are Fools , When I Asked him to price of 2 year warrenty+ accidental cover , He said , We can not gives accidental cover , we can give u only 2 year warrenty at 5500rs+ taxes ( which is still expensive )(compare to "SIMRECH COMPUTRONICS , DADAR offer me to at just 4500rs)

Please open the "HP Support Assist " software and then click on "Get assitance" and directly chat to Hp care , They will sent U....( U Just needs to send POP )

Last edited:

sad_but_true

Right off the assembly line
referring to my previous post please suggest the relevant procedure and location to perform a 'HP AUDIO CHECK' and ' HP VIDEO CHECK' from the hp support assistant troubleshooting or elsewhere whichever applicable.i donot have the options of these two diagnostic tests available in my support assistant(which is latest and updated till date).my model number is pavilion dv6 6165tx.....please respond to this to the earliest.....

regards........

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
congrats bro....
update the latest bois from here Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English) and regarding updating the ati drivers refer back to page 99 onwards. in idle situation my idle temps are around 45-50, so there's nothing to worry about. just ensure to use coolsense mode while gaming....

Thanks for the link, Now i have updated the BIOS but there is still some problem with CCC as it is not displaying the catalyst information in Information tab in dynamic mode, while in Fixed mode it is showing some information . When I clicked on the " Check for updates" it directed to ATI site and from there i downloaded a file of about 1.5 MB and it was written 12.6 there but still i dont see any 12.6 version in CCC, quite strange humn!! And while surfing internet the temperature is showing 65c huh , ( i have speedfan software ). Please help me . Thanks.

samudragupta

Youngling
Thanks for the link, Now i have updated the BIOS but there is still some problem with CCC as it is not displaying the catalyst information in Information tab in dynamic mode, while in Fixed mode it is showing some information . When I clicked on the " Check for updates" it directed to ATI site and from there i downloaded a file of about 1.5 MB and it was written 12.6 there but still i dont see any 12.6 version in CCC, quite strange humn!! And while surfing internet the temperature is showing 65c huh , ( i have speedfan software ). Please help me . Thanks.

:shock: 65^ is too much while surfing!!! may be the software is inaccurate. try to use speccy software to get the correct readings... the temps while browsing shouldnt be more than 50-52^

rider

as Kratos

Call hp and tell your problem, I think its the issue with heatsink and fan.
Download 12.6 drivers from here

Last edited:

velociraptor

Broken In
hello everyone i recently started playing revelation but the game lags on full graphics ,i tried to lower the graphics not the resolution but still game lags at certain places suddenly even at low graphics ,i encountered same in brother hood at all the stages where we go to collect romulus scroll underground ,i have fully updated gpu drivers it is 12.6 version so please help i cant enjoy the game properly

Top Bottom