the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

red dragon

Master troll
I have not switched my laptop off for more than 6 months(may be twice or thrice in its lifetime of more than 1100 days)
Have travelled half the world with it,and it is three year old,still gives around 4-5 hrs of battery back up and will surely last for another 5 years.
p.s,it is definitely not a hp dv6.

rider

as Kratos
I have not switched my laptop off for more than 6 months(may be twice or thrice in its lifetime of more than 1100 days)
Have travelled half the world with it,and it is three year old,still gives around 4-5 hrs of battery back up and will surely last for another 5 years.

LOL, this is one of the main point apple MBP is priced twice of the almost same conf of 6165tx. :-D

But its nice to see that hp don't promise of more than 300 cycles battery life.
I think apple promise for 1000 cycles, right?

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
It's my laptop I know how to handle it, this is not my first.
My lappy life doesn't effect that much with this kinda use only battery will get affected by much use, so I'll purchase another one after completion of cycles.
And I didn't bought laptop to use 4 years so, 6770M can't handle games in with high settings in future.
lol ur one rich dude then... i am looking to keep the lappy atleast for 3-4 yrs!!!
that why i like macs and ios, but the price is a big turn off..

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,can someone who has played Crysis 2 tell me how much fps you are getting in the game??Also can you kindly post a snapshot of GPU-z screen of HD6770m??

samudragupta

Youngling
guys i just installed kaspersky internet suite 2012 and am running a full scan on the pc. the temps are fluctuating: CPU 50 to 70*c and motherboard is 65-70*c. is this normal on the coolest mode...

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^yes.I also have the same internet security,and in coolsense+cooling pad +ac room @ 18'C,its core temp varies from 45-60'C.Moreover,I recently used AS5 when I last cleaned my lappy,since then temps are 5'c lower.
So,assuming that your lappy is in stock state,the temps are fine.

samudragupta

Youngling
^^yes.I also have the same internet security,and in coolsense+cooling pad +ac room @ 18'C,its core temp varies from 45-60'C.Moreover,I recently used AS5 when I last cleaned my lappy,since then temps are 5'c lower.
So,assuming that your lappy is in stock state,the temps are fine.

thx i was just tensed...

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In
Guys,can someone who has played Crysis 2 tell me how much fps you are getting in the game??Also can you kindly post a snapshot of GPU-z screen of HD6770m??

will post benchmarks result later but for the time being i can tell,....more than enough....that too on ultra settings...no lags at all, although this is the only game that shoots my core temp to 85+ 'C

Will post the snapshot soon.

i've been facing problems with vlc ever since i got the lappy 2 months back. if i play a video via vlc after sometime i get an error "display driver stopped working" and the screen blacks out and comes back again. and then i have to restart the lappy to play via vlc again. however, i can play the same videos via windows media player without any issues... i dont think its a driver issue since wmp can easily handle the videos? any idea what may be wrong!!

I am pretty sure its the graphics driver problem just try reinstalling it b4 you reinstall vlc. I too had similar problem playing Max Payne 3.

will the dv6-6165tx play games like max payne 3,battlefield 3.....and of course eventually
"GTA-5"

I have played BF3 at ultra settings,,,no lags....MP3 all ultra settings but SSAO and FXAA Normal....no lags...Crysis 2 at ultra settings no lags

It pretty much can handle any game till date.

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
will post benchmarks result later but for the time being i can tell,....more than enough....that too on ultra settings...no lags at all, although this is the only game that shoots my core temp to 85+ 'C

Will post the snapshot soon.

I am pretty sure its the graphics driver problem just try reinstalling it b4 you reinstall vlc. I too had similar problem playing Max Payne 3.

I have played BF3 at ultra settings,,,no lags....MP3 all ultra settings but SSAO and FXAA Normal....no lags...Crysis 2 at ultra settings no lags

It pretty much can handle any game till date.

How old is ur laptop...did u have any heat issues apart from max payne temps reaching 85? Just taking another opinion...

Tintin.92

Broken In
Guys, any tips on how to optimize GTA IV for 6165tx? I manage to get it to run at some settings, but the problem is it doesn't last very long. On a fresh boot of the computer, i get 24-45 fp, but after it reloads (either after i get wasted, or i restart the game), framerate drops to 20-25.

Max Payne 3, on the other hand, has only one niggling issue. It refuses to run at any setting but DX9. At each of the others, the game starts, but freezes for a few seconds, and blacks out during the entire cutscene. And we all know how MANY cutscenes Max Payne 3 has.

Honestly, i'm not a graphics hound, and often barely notice/care when the graphical quality has been raised from "medium" to "high". As long as i get a playable frame rate (i also CANNOT distinguish between 40 and 60 fps, unless fraps tells me), i'm satisfied.The only problem is, this was supposed to be a fairly high end laptop, and i want to churn out every bit of performance i can whether i can make out or not.

rider

as Kratos
How old is ur laptop...did u have any heat issues apart from max payne temps reaching 85? Just taking another opinion...

I completed max payne 3 in DirectX 10.1 in all high settings, FXAA in 2x.
The game was running smooth and there was no lagging for a microsecond, getting upto 30+ fps. What else I need?
I dont know why you guys caring so much about temperature? Is anyone do gaming on laps, there is no problem unless any laptop exceeds 90+ ?? After hours of gaming my processor reached to 85-86*C (cool-sense was not in coolest mode, no coolpad used played on desk, no AC).
Totally there was no problem at all, left side was little warm, but tolerable.

This one: :8.882.2.3000.

Catalyst Control Centre also says no updates available.

How to check version?

Guys, any tips on how to optimize GTA IV for 6165tx? I manage to get it to run at some settings, but the problem is it doesn't last very long. On a fresh boot of the computer, i get 24-45 fp, but after it reloads (either after i get wasted, or i restart the game), framerate drops to 20-25.

Max Payne 3, on the other hand, has only one niggling issue. It refuses to run at any setting but DX9. At each of the others, the game starts, but freezes for a few seconds, and blacks out during the entire cutscene. And we all know how MANY cutscenes Max Payne 3 has.

Honestly, i'm not a graphics hound, and often barely notice/care when the graphical quality has been raised from "medium" to "high". As long as i get a playable frame rate (i also CANNOT distinguish between 40 and 60 fps, unless fraps tells me), i'm satisfied.The only problem is, this was supposed to be a fairly high end laptop, and i want to churn out every bit of performance i can whether i can make out or not.

Have you updated GTA IV with latest patches?? When I played I was getting 30fps+ in high settings.

Top Bottom