the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i got a set of recovery disk from Hp. But i also have made a set of recovery disk using recovery manager. When inserting the disc's it is all different. The one that i made using the recovery manager is so simple to use. But the new one's are different from this

ParaXite

Power User
My Luck is so damn bad...ALL dv6 6165tx Laptops are out of stock in Hyderabad and they have been replaced by dv6 70** laptops with a bad 630m GPU (as compared to amd 6770m).

I dont know what to do....I'm doomed! :(

EDIT: i won't be able to afford the dv7-7000 with the 650m and the dv6-7010 is worse than the 6165tx in graphic performance. Really don't know what to do now!

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
My Luck is so damn bad...ALL dv6 6165tx Laptops are out of stock in Hyderabad and they have been replaced by dv6 70** laptops with a bad 630m GPU (as compared to amd 6770m).

I dont know what to do....I'm doomed! :(

EDIT: i won't be able to afford the dv7-7000 with the 650m and the dv6-7010 is worse than the 6165tx in graphic performance. Really don't know what to do now!

BUY IT FROM FLIPKART It is of 58.5k

makkags

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
I bought a hp-6017tx last year.I want to extend the warranty of my laptop.
But when i contacted hp,they gave me another contact.
Then he called me and told to pay rs 4500 for 1 year extension but he gave me link of rteservices RT Services-HP Care Pack for online payment.
I dont think this is genuine as there is no name of HP in it.

So anyone is here who have extended the warranty and tell me how to do that!

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
my hdd failed and i replaced it and i'm going to install win7 afresh..i downloaded the latest 12.3 catalyst drivers..do i need to install the previous versions also or i can proceed with the latest 12.3 version?

the service center guys replaced the failed hdd with a new one and installed win7 home premium 30 day trial..now i want to install my original win7 from my recovery discs and partition my hdd..
after booting from dvd it's going to HP recovery manager..what option should i choose there..
1.MS system restore
2.system recovery
3.minimized image recovery
4 factory reset

i have not used recovery manager before so plz help..:oops:

sarthak

In the zone
Hello,
Then he called me and told to pay rs 4500 for 1 year extension but he gave me link of rteservices RT Services-HP Care Pack for online payment.

Wasn't able to open the link. Contact the shop from where you bought the laptop and ask them to extend the warranty.

the service center guys replaced the failed hdd with a new one and installed win7 home premium 30 day trial..now i want to install my original win7 from my recovery discs and partition my hdd..
after booting from dvd it's going to HP recovery manager..what option should i choose there..
1.MS system restore
2.system recovery
3.minimized image recovery
4 factory reset

i have not used recovery manager before so plz help..:oops:

Use system recovery to recover your laptop to its original state or minimized system recovery to recover to original state without installing any crapware.

ParaXite

Power User
Hey guys! finally found my hp dv6 6165 on a croma store :)

I will review it as soon as I can for u guys. btw shud i partition my drive?

samudragupta

Youngling
hi guys just got my new dv 6165 today from vijay sales for 60k and got a hp bag. i must say the laptop build is decent and i havent played around much however im not very impressed with the display. i just played a couple of videos and wasnt very crisp as my 4 year old compaq laptop. is there any drivers i need to update, if yes then can i pls have the link...
@ paraxite, how much did you get it for? and what freebies did u get? are u satisfied with the display?

sumansherlock

Broken In
Hey guys! finally found my hp dv6 6165 on a croma store :)

I will review it as soon as I can for u guys. btw shud i partition my drive?

Congrats buddy...:smile:

hi guys just got my new dv 6165 today from vijay sales for 60k and got a hp bag. i must say the laptop build is decent and i havent played around much however im not very impressed with the display. i just played a couple of videos and wasnt very crisp as my 4 year old compaq laptop. is there any drivers i need to update, if yes then can i pls have the link...
@ paraxite, how much did you get it for? and what freebies did u get? are u satisfied with the display?

Congrats..Happy Gaming:-D

rider

as Kratos

Update your BIOS and Graphic Drivers

It would take some time in BIOS update, don't turn off computer

ParaXite

Power User

Hey! I got it for 59,990 and I got an HP bag and a good offer on an all in one printer from HP. See, if you are getting awesome hardware for this price you need to compromise on other things eg: display.

the display is ok. Nothing great but not bad either. Its ok and acceptable. While gaming I hardly notice anything about the low resolution of 1366x768. So its ok overall I'm really happy with the piece.

Btw.. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY SOFTWARE TO MONITOR PROCESSOR AND GPU TEMPERATURES?

rider

as Kratos
@ rider thanks... there are two links for the bios update, which one should i download?

thanks mate :)

This one for BIOS version F.1B It's the latest one.

And This one is for AMD Graphic Version 8.882.2.3000

The AMD Graphic Driver will update automatically to latest version that is 12.3

Last edited:

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Hello,

well while doing the extended warranty for my sis the guy redirected me to the same page but i didn't do the online money transfer istad i called the guy and handed over the money and he gave me the receipt and told that the hard copy of extended warranty bill be sent to my home within 10 days.

samudragupta

Youngling
This one for BIOS version F.1B It's the latest one.

And This one is for AMD Graphic Version 8.882.2.3000

The AMD Graphic Driver will update automatically to latest version that is 12.3
thanks alot, i've updated both... what i noticed is that dvd ripped movies are still not crisp however, blueray or hd movies above 1gb are fabulous... a bit disappointed but still happy...

ParaXite

Power User
Guys whats the optimum temperature of the GPU while running high end games? I used a software and it doesn't go higher than 80*C. Is that ok and can I continue gaming on it for 3-4 hours straight? or is it high and should I wait till it cools down?

samudragupta

Youngling
Guys whats the optimum temperature of the GPU while running high end games? I used a software and it doesn't go higher than 80*C. Is that ok and can I continue gaming on it for 3-4 hours straight? or is it high and should I wait till it cools down?
wow you started gaming already!!!

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
80C is a bit high but not bad. anything below 75 is definitely good. Above 85 caution, 90+ real danger. 95+ you are walking on a tightrope, blind ;)

Anyways get a cooler if possible.

Top Bottom