the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
keep maximum processor utilization to 80 %.I reach CPU temperatures of 70 degrees and GPU of 72 degrees on all maximum settings.

rider

as Kratos
Guys whats the optimum temperature of the GPU while running high end games? I used a software and it doesn't go higher than 80*C. Is that ok and can I continue gaming on it for 3-4 hours straight? or is it high and should I wait till it cools down?

Keep coolest mode in hp cool sense.

thanks alot, i've updated both... what i noticed is that dvd ripped movies are still not crisp however, blueray or hd movies above 1gb are fabulous... a bit disappointed but still happy...

Are you kidding me.. The quality should remain same condition, It may be the error of your player.
By the way, did you changed the BIOS GPU settings from dynamic to fixed, so that u can switch to either of two GPUs (Intel HD 3000 and AMD Radeon 6770M).

ParaXite

Power User
Hey guys I have a problem. Most games are running only in 4:3 resolution and I'm getting Black Bars on the sides of the game. There are no scaling options in my CCC. What should I do?

sumansherlock

Broken In
thanks alot, i've updated both... what i noticed is that dvd ripped movies are still not crisp however, blueray or hd movies above 1gb are fabulous... a bit disappointed but still happy...

Don't worry about display dude...what do you expect from 720p res? my friends Asus laptop display's are even worser than this..And for movies just download 720p..they look good

Hey guys I have a problem. Most games are running only in 4:3 resolution and I'm getting Black Bars on the sides of the game. There are no scaling options in my CCC. What should I do?

Set the resolution at 1366x768

@rider

How do you download drivers?? from HP websites or through HP assistant?

And btw I have updated only BIOS...And games are running fine on the current gfx driver...Now should i update gfx driver also?? tell me how games are running on the latest gfx drivers?

rider

as Kratos
Don't worry about display dude...what do you expect from 720p res? my friends Asus laptop display's are even worser than this..And for movies just download 720p..they look good

Set the resolution at 1366x768

@rider

How do you download drivers?? from HP websites or through HP assistant?

And btw I have updated only BIOS...And games are running fine on the current gfx driver...Now should i update gfx driver also?? tell me how games are running on the latest gfx drivers?

Go to desktop right click to Graphic Properties (In high performance Mode)
Click on Information o the left side then click on the Software Update.
If it is 12.3, you are using the latest one. If not click on check for updates now.

Can you tell me the name of those games?
Because some old games don't run in 16:9 formats.

ParaXite

Power User
Can you tell me the name of those games?
Because some old games don't run in 16:9 formats.

Nfs carbon, gta san andreas and more...but the thing is they run "stretched" on my 16:9 monitor and that option isnt available on the latest CCC. I have an nvidia card on my desktop.

Last edited:

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
after replacing the hdd i did system recovery and installed win7..i need to partition the C drive.. i tried using Disk management to create new partitions, but there are no unallocated space and only the system drive is thr and is shown as primary partition..wat shd i do to create new partitions, should i reinstall win7?

samudragupta

Youngling
Keep coolest mode in hp cool sense.

Are you kidding me.. The quality should remain same condition, It may be the error of your player.
By the way, did you changed the BIOS GPU settings from dynamic to fixed, so that u can switch to either of two GPUs (Intel HD 3000 and AMD Radeon 6770M).

How do i do it bro? And i know i may be cribbing but the blacks are really blurry and pixelated on vlc and rm player...

rider

as Kratos
Nfs carbon, gta san andreas and more...but the thing is they run "stretched" on my 16:9 monitor and that option isnt available on the latest CCC. I have an nvidia card on my desktop.

These games can be played in 16:9, Is it alright when you play it on laptop screen. How is the windows 7 experience on your external monitor?

How do i do it bro? And i know i may be cribbing but the blacks are really blurry and pixelated on vlc and rm player...

Go to BIOS and change it, its really simple.

ParaXite

Power User
These games can be played in 16:9, Is it alright when you play it on laptop screen. How is the windows 7 experience on your external monitor?

No dude you didnt get me. I don't have 16:9 resolutions in-game only the 4:3 ones are there.

On my desktop PC with a 16:9 monitor they run "stretched" 4:3.

I am not able to stretch the 4:3 resolutions to fit into full screen on the laptop. There are black borders to the left and right of the game.

There is no scaling option in the catalyst control centre.

sumansherlock

Broken In
No dude you didnt get me. I don't have 16:9 resolutions in-game only the 4:3 ones are there.

On my desktop PC with a 16:9 monitor they run "stretched" 4:3.

I am not able to stretch the 4:3 resolutions to fit into full screen on the laptop. There are black borders to the left and right of the game.

There is no scaling option in the catalyst control centre.

There is a some SW to play fullscreen but i dont remember now...check some previous posts hope you'll find it..

ParaXite

Power User
Oh! I see you should Update GTA San Andreas to Patch version 1.01 to play game in 16:9 Download

It is not recognizing the exe to patch since it is the "ahem" version of SA. Isn't there just a method to scale it so that it fills the whole screen?

Top Bottom