The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: May 2013

LOL. Well that device can run ics (ported).

It's a really beautiful device tbh. If you like it, what are you waiting for?

No way am I running android OSes on that phone. At the most I'll run Nemo or Sailfish on it, but that won't happen anytime soon, and maybe never if stock MeeGo is good enough :D

I'm gonna buy it as soon as my father allows me. I'm also waiting for the Jolla announcement and the new Firefox OS dev phones to return in stock. I might get a sailfish device or a Firefox OS device instead of the N9 :)

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: April 2013

at least for now, AMD won't support Android. Simply because they are no match for Qualcomm. Even Intel is not able take any ground away from ARM army. AMD has no chance.

But AMD is already making SOCs with compatibility for android...I heard of their deals with ARM Holdings.. :chinscratch:

Secondly Intel couldn't set foot in mobile computing because the dynamics of the game are pretty different in mobile computing, its a collaborative effort where companies do share technology, with ARM Holdings licensing its technology to manufacturers like Qualcomm, broadcomm to design their own chips, while Intel is more of a solitary worker. But given Intel's credentials in chip making industry and the financial muscle it has things are likely to change :)

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: April 2013

But AMD is already making SOCs with compatibility for android...I heard of their deals with ARM Holdings.. :chinscratch:

servers only. not mobiles.

Secondly Intel couldn't set foot in mobile computing because the dynamics of the game are pretty different in mobile computing, its a collaborative effort where companies do share technology, with ARM Holdings licensing its technology to manufacturers like Qualcomm, broadcomm to design their own chips, while Intel is more of a solitary worker. But given Intel's credentials in chip making industry and the financial muscle it has things are likely to change :)

Intel’s Silvermont Architecture Revealed: Getting Serious About Mobile this may change everything. and this time price won't matter. we already have seen flagship break the 45k barrier so if 5k is the cost of the chipset itself (because Intel demands ~!100$ for previous gen Atom), this will sell because of the sheer performance over ARM. Will have to check how soon can Intel push these chips out their FABs. add to that R&D on a mobile/tab takes almost a year so time is on ARMs side.

Jay1234

Journeyman

sam thanx for suggesting l9 , but micromax canvas hd & xolo q880 has better config & less price so why shouldnt i go for them ? please reply then only i caan know why i should refuse it cos my friend's are suggesting me to buy micromax ???

xolo q 800 not q 880

amjath

Human Spambot

How powerful is this CPU and GPU guys
Quad-core Cortex A7 processor, PowerVR Series 5XT GPU
Reason this is going to power next MMX phone with HD display

aila

Broken In

anyone know which manufacturer's microSD cards are compatible with the new Huawei Ascend Y300 android fone??

Superayush

Tech lover

Lava q700 launches with 4.2 nice but why again qhd screen..-.- looking forward to an hd phone with Gud processor 1gig ram 8mp camera with Gud battery backup under 20k :)

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent

anyone know which manufacturer's microSD cards are compatible with the new Huawei Ascend Y300 android fone??

i dont think there's anything like that...

almost all are compatible..

Lava q700 launches with 4.2 nice but why again qhd screen..-.- looking forward to an hd phone with Gud processor 1gig ram 8mp camera with Gud battery backup under 20k :)

20k budget , still looking at lava ??

is full HD within 20 k is available with any brand ???
anyways, if that one line an be ignored, then :

LG Optimus L9
Xperia L
Lenovo S890

@ sam : a suggestion : add Lenovo S890 to the list when you are not busy..

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ sam : a suggestion : add Lenovo S890 to the list when you are not busy..

added :)

Q700 is a sub 10k mobile. And you are getting way more for the money with Q700. Q700 is basically Q800 with a 5MP camera.

Superayush

Tech lover

Overpriced. Should be around 20k for 16GB model and 25k for 32GB.

+10 because at proposed price lg nexus 4, lg optimus g or xperia zr makes more sense but must say I really like the design and build of oppo find 5(not sure about the real thing photos are gorgeous :) )
Btw 2 days for google io xD

rdx_halo

In the zone

I'm looking for a mobile with good display ( 480 x 800) and FM. Budget is 13000/-
Can anyone please recommend me one. I love Nokia Lumia 520 620 but there is no FM. Sony Xperia models does not have xpendable memory. Which one are you guys recommend?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ check Samsung Galaxy S Advanced. Sells for 14k but try some random coupon codes if you buy from Indiatimes or wait for superdeals at HomeShop18. That way you'll get it without having to increase your budget.

Kiss

Journeyman

I'm looking for a mobile with good display ( 480 x 800) and FM. Budget is 13000/-
Can anyone please recommend me one. I love Nokia Lumia 520 620 but there is no FM. Sony Xperia models does not have xpendable memory. Which one are you guys recommend?

Samsung Galaxy S Advance is for 13.5k on flipkart... You may consider buying that one...

hitesh

In the zone

@Sam
Add xolo 910 to the list too.
XOLO X910 - White | Mobiles | Mirchimart.com

a-raam

Journeyman
Re: Mobile Reference Guide: January 2012

was getting a new phone for myself soon. getting xperia p on ebay for 15k on ebay.link. should i get this although its not very recent ? i also did consider Lumia 620 and optimus l9.

Top Bottom